• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your team?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As title says, what's your current team in Pokémon X and Y?

For me, it's Gyarados, Chesnaught, Dusknoir, Cresselia, Blissey, and Togekiss. Gyarados is sweeper; used to have Blastoise in its place, but decided to give this Pokémon a shot, and wound up sticking thanks to how easier it's become to utilize since last generation and whatnot. After mega-evolving, it gets some decent stats boost, and with Dragon Dance, it becomes even more powerful. Afterward, it's able to taken down the opponent's entire crew single-handedly.

Dusknoir and Cresselia are both tanks; they have ability to withstand good amount of hits, and strike back even harder. Same goes for Chesnaught. As for Blissey, it's there more because of support reasons, as it has access to moves such as Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, and so forth.

Togekiss--it's an attacker, but a special one. Like Gyarados, it's superbly easy to use; with assistance from Serene Grace ability, it's able to take decent advantage of attacks such as Air Slash, which makes things a ton of fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Eh, I actually have to breed a lot of stuff, so I don't have a serious team with a plan or balance, just some random pokemon I bred that I use to fight. Anyways, the pokes I usually use are:
    (luckily as I got a perfect ditto, most of the bred ones are flawless)

timid mega gardevoir with all attacking moves.
    brave snorlax w/assault vest.
    eviolite doublade (yes, it sucks most of the time, it wasn't even bred, it's a playthrough poke).
    timid mismagius, cus destiny bond and nasty plot.
    modest nidoqueen with sheer force and elemental beams
    shinny clawitzer (I only use it because it's shinny, I maxed it's HP and SPA)
    timid sunnybeam exeggutor. It's so funny ^^.
    mega venasaur (playthrough poke lel).
    And that's it for now, I'll breed a talonflame and a hitmontop next I think, but at the moment I was trying to complete the pokedex.

Years
  • My team on X is Gengar w/Gengarite, Charizard w/Charizardite Y, Blaziken w/nothing, Beartic w/nothing, Octillery w/nothing, and Hydreigon w/Leftovers. All are shiny, which is why they're in my team. I'm definitely going to trade a Blazikenite from ORAS to X so I can have Mega Blaziken. I could give Octillery an Assault Vest, as it has all attacking moves, and Beartic a Chesto Berry, as it has Rest. I also have 2 shiny Floatzel sitting in the PC, so I could switch my Octillery for one of them, but they would need a lot of training, as they're both Lv. 29, whereas everything but my Blaziken is Lv. 70+.

Years
  • I have at least 20 Pokémon on my main copy of X, so I don't have a set team there. xP

But the last playthrough I did had Haunter, Swoobat, Zangoose, Roserade, Drifblim and Haxorus, which was for Necrum's challenge. They all had uses on my team, but Swoobat...never again. x(

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Right now I'm working on:

Garchomp/Haxorus
    Gardevoir
    Mega Scizor/Mega Heracross/Scolipede
    Metagross
    Tyranitar
    Blastoise/Greninja/Milotic/Lapras

I know it's a little tryhard but I'm only just getting started with competitive battling and am gonna be rotating in some Pokemon that are less OP after I get used to the mechanics.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Absol
    Heliolisk
    Tyrantrum
    Pyroar
    Azumarill

It's a heaps good team that gets the job done. :D They die a bit easily but they usually wipe 'em out before they get wiped out. >:P

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • How many times is this going to be asked? My team in X which is my World War II Ships team consists of the following:
    Greninja (nickname: Enterprise)
    Gogoat (nickname: Littorio)
    Aegislash (nickname: Hood)
    Aurorus (nickname: Voroshilov)
    Heliolisk (nickname: Kaga)
    Noivern (nickname: Bismarck)

All but Gogoat are dual type Pokemon. So that makes Gogoat the odd one out when it comes number of types.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Probably one of the worst teams you'll come across. :P

Delphox
    Heliolisk
    Mienshao
    Sylveon
    Sawk
    Skarmory

I threw away Delphox and Skarmory when I finished the game, but I kept the others. I felt like going through X/Y with my favourites, which is why I have things like two Fighting types.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • First time -
    Greninja - Amagi
    Plusle - Fuso
    Aegislash - Nagato
    Meowstic - Unryu
    Vivillon - Hayabusa
    Houndoom - Chikuma

Second time -
    Delphox - Valflame
    Scrafty - Basilikos
    Heliolisk - Luce
    Staraptor - Rexcalibur
    Scolipede - Rienfleche
    Clawitzer - Gespenst

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Gawain: Hasty. Strong Willed.
    What's your team?
    Really wish he coulda gotten more use out of the Fighting type. Not much STABing.

Mordred
    : Impish. Likes to fight.
    What's your team?
    Which is why he's my main man on the frontline.

Nova
    : Modest. Likes to thrash about.
    What's your team?
    Perfect Attack IV. Which was funny. Her U-Turn hits surprisingly hard.

Miami Vice
    : Brave. Strongly defiant.
    What's your team?
    Never really used one before. I like his movepool.

Persephone
    : Mild. Nods off a lot.
    What's your team?
    Tank. Definitely gonna be looking further into it.

Atlas
    : Quiet. Somewhat stubborn.
    What's your team?
    I will never take Fly out of his moveset.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Currently:

Blaziken - Blazikenite
    Lucario - Lucarionite
    Greninja - Rocky Helmet
    Venasaur - Venasurite
    Absol - Amulet Coin
    Tyrantrum - Pecha Berry

Last 2 are subject to change since I'm still going through the game.

Lu and Blaze are my heavy hitters both off and def fully trained with Gren and Venu as backup equally as trained. Abs and Tyra are also backups with a significant amount of training just in case. Mostly due to type specific moves in case I'm in a bind with a particular type.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Klefki
    Klefki
    Klefki
    Klefki
    Klefki
    Klefki

..Don't ask.
    I hope they've all got names that form a funny and thematic sentence.

S'pose I'll start the game and list my team while I'm here...

Mawile; Intimidate ability; holding Mawilite
    Iron Head / Rock Slide / Play Rough / Swords Dance

Furfrou; Fur coat ability; holding Chople Berry (Normals are the true no-weakness monsters!)
    Return / Thunder Wave / Sucker Punch / Cotton Guard

Vaporeon; Water Absorb ability; holding Leftovers
    Scald / Aqua Ring (I love stacking HP regen) / Swift (always keep a ---% accuracy move somewhere on the team!) / Acid Armor (you thought I had everything except defence, and you managed to avoid getting burned? well **** you)

Dragalge; Poison Touch ability (I was saving for the item to change this after finding a physical Dragalge underwhelming, but I'm unlikely to get that far); holding Black Sludge
    Dragon Pulse / Surf (did I mention I love stacking Vaporeon's HP regen?) / Venoshock / Toxic

Froslass; Cursed Body ability; holding Expert Belt (this should be a Focus Sash but I appear to have lost mine)
    Ice Beam / Confuse Ray / Thunderbolt (Ice/Electric best type combo amirite?) / Destiny Bond (Focus Sash is to set this up, umad.jpg)

Sylveon; Cute Charm ability; holding Light Clay (I love barrier warriors as much as regenerators; I would replace Dazzling Gleam with Moonlight on but hate not having even a weak attack when I most need it)
    Dazzling Gleam; Reflect; Misty Terrain; Light Screen

Really, my Vaporeon covers an insane number of bases and is plain overpowered in singleplayer.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Currently, my team consists of the following:

Quickpass Venomoth

Special Attacker Nidoking

Critdra Kingdra

Special Attacker Vileplume

Choice Band Muk

Sticky web Galvantula

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • My team is.
    Pupetman - (Shiny Banette with Mega Stone) Lvl 100
    Death Bringer - (Yveltal) lvl 86
    Earth Lander - (Zygarde) lvl 86
    Dragon Lord - (Charizard with Charizardonite Y) lvl 100
    Jiraya - (Greninja) lvl 100
    Future Man - (Mewtwo with Mewtonite Y) lvl 85

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Unfortunately I can't seem to keep my save file and keep restarting my game..
    With the excitement of the return of Hoenn I've decided to journey through Kalos using a team of third generation Pokemon!

With the help of Pokemon Bank my team is the following:

What's your team?

Treecko Lv.5 ♂
    Naive Overgrow
    Leaf Storm | Quick Attack | Giga Drain | Hidden Power

What's your team?

Torchic Lv.5 ♂
    Timid Blaze
    Flamethrower | Agility | Fire Blast | Hidden Power

What's your team?

Mudkip Lv.5 ♂
    Rash Torrent
    Double-Edge | Rock Slide | Ice Beam | Superpower

What's your team?

Poochyena Lv.5 ♀
    Jolly Quick Feet
    Fire Fang | Howl | Crunch | Thunder Fang

What's your team?

Taillow Lv.5 ♀
    Jolly Guts
    Brave Bird | Aerial Ace | Facade | U-turn

What's your team?

Electrike Lv.5 ♂
    Timid Lightning Rod
    Volt Switch | Hidden Power | Flamethrower | Thunderbolt

Years
  • After struggling for my last few team members, my team is Swampert, Gardevoir, Hariyama (traded), Magnezone, Vibrava (will be Flygon), and Bellossom. I beat Tate and Liza yesterday, and my team is all Level 41 after going through Sea Mauville.

Back