• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are YOU getting Pokemon X&Y?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    why as soon as oct.12 comes I am gonna beg my grandma to death to go to gamestop and get it(pokemon x).....okay basically I am getting it as soon as it comes out ^_^(cuz I have a nice grandma). I am then planning on getting pokemon y sometime in say november(lol black friday)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    On release day, baby! Probably going to purchase my 3DS XL the same day too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I'll probably just wait until the Monday after then. It won't be that hard to wait....I want to see every new pokemon and nothing else so I can think of a team. So I'll probably say goodbye to forums and lurk around the new pokemon page on serebii. (Or bulbapedia)

I assume the main page of serebii won't have major spoilers?

They will serebii always does a play through and puts what they have learned so far down.

I will be Getting that 11:59.59. Release =D on October 11th/12th.

Years
    The day it gets released! Probably around 2-3, I have to wait for my dad to get off of work so I can meet him at gamestop to get it because he preordered for me as a late Bday present. :) Wish I could get it earlier but I'm just glad I'll be getting it that day. And I'll be getting X!

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    I have both versions on pre-order with Amazon. I think the estimated delivery date is between Oct. 18-22. So it'll be about a week or so after the initial release.

That's okay. I can wait. I wouldn't be able to get them at all if I didn't have an amazon store card. lol
    Plus I'm sure by then there will be plenty of spoilers and/or all the pokemon revealed by the time I get started which will help me plan my team.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    As soon as I roll out of bed on the 12th. I took that entire weekend off from work so I could get Y as soon as possible and have plenty of time to play.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
    As soon as possible. I am going to a Zombie Walk the day of release, so I may get it before I go. But if not, I'll get it after. Worst comes to worst, the next day.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Unfortunately, I am not as fortunate, and most likely will get this game on Dec 25th, Christmas. But by then lots of information will be out and I'll be slightly more prepared for my playthrough.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
    I'll get it on the eShop should I have the funds at the time. I don't need the box and stuff this time around, not like I'm going to be selling the game ever.

Years
    Unfortunately, I am not as fortunate, and most likely will get this game on Dec 25th, Christmas. But by then lots of information will be out and I'll be slightly more prepared for my playthrough.

I'm lucky enough to have a birthday a couple of weeks before the release date or I'd probably have to wait until Christmas, too, as those are always the two times I get the games as gifts as I don't have 40 bucks to shell out on games usually as I have other bills. {:3}

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    If everything goes according to plan, and the game has an actual midnight release at stores(specifically walmart) i'm just gonna walk to walmart buy the game at midnight and say goodbye to my social life.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I thought I wasn't going to end up getting it until November time, but I could probably see myself getting it opening day if I felt like it. I'm going to be doing a lot of queuing during that next week for various bits and pieces, and having a good distraction like Pokemon X could be just what I need! :D

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
    If everything goes according to plan, and the game has an actual midnight release at stores(specifically walmart) i'm just gonna walk to walmart buy the game at midnight and say goodbye to my social life.

You'll finish the game by morning and have your social life back tbh

Years

I'm in the same boat as you, probably getting the games around Christmas. I was planning them for presents for my 21st birthday but sadly the release date is a mere 11 days after my birthday so basically I have to settle for Christmas like I did with Black 2 and White 2.

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
    Years
    I plan to go to Target and buy it there on October 12th. Will probably reserve a copy. Hopefully all goes well since this is my first time reserving/preordering!

If you have a gamestop near you I would pre-order it there. Reason being is that you can trade in smartphones, tablets, iphones, ipods, games (current gen), etc.. to make the Pokemon game a lot cheaper compared to Target, Wal-Mart, etc. Also you get a 2 sided Pokemon poster just for pre-ordering it.

If you were interested in the strategy guide and are a powerup rewards member, you'll get 20% off the guide when you buy your game. The guide is $19.99 normally.

If you want to get it at Target still you can, but I just thought I would throw this suggestion out there to help you save some money and get a cool pre-order bonus :) I am getting mine at GameStop.

bleri1200

Bleri
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I pre-ordered mine to come to my house, I really hope it comes before I wake up on Saturday!

Back