• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When are YOU getting Pokemon X&Y?

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I'm going to Gamestop today (hopefully, crossing my fingers) to buy a 3DS (sold my old one because it hurt my eyes and I needed cash) and pre-order Y. Then I'll get the game on release Saturday :)

Years
    3DS: Check.
    Pre-ordered Y Version: Check.

I'll be getting my copy (physical) on Saturday, and I'm going to try my best to get it at opening time (or close to) opening time at my local GameStop.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I pre-ordered the game at a store called Dixons. It's a dutch store that sells it like 5-8 euros cheaper than all other stores in my city here. I'll be at the door step at 9:30 (that's when they open) to buy the game xD

Years
    Going to pick it up as soon as the stores open on Saturday, afterwards no one is allowed to bother me. You'll see that people will start popping up for visits that day :|

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
    Well, I wasn't planning to. But my uncle pre-ordered both.
    I was like seriously both? For me and my cousin. So After I finish X I'll play Y. Well, I'll play after I get all my serious work DONE.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
    I don't own a 3DS yet. Once I get a stable job, I plan on buying one new on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. That same day I'll be getting Pokemon X. I really don't care much for Blaziken or his new Mega Evolution, so I'm fine with skipping his release.

Alternatively, I could buy the 3DS now with Pokemon X in the next couple of days, but the money I have right now is being saved for something else that I've committed to. Chances are though, I'm just going to wait. It'll also give me some time to discover the Starter's types when they fully evolve, and decide which one I'm gonna grab.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    I don't own a 3DS yet. Once I get a stable job, I plan on buying one new on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. That same day I'll be getting Pokemon X. I really don't care much for Blaziken or his new Mega Evolution, so I'm fine with skipping his release.

Alternatively, I could buy the 3DS now with Pokemon X in the next couple of days, but the money I have right now is being saved for something else that I've committed to. Chances are though, I'm just going to wait. It'll also give me some time to discover the Starter's types when they fully evolve, and decide which one I'm gonna grab.

The types have already been revealed.

Anyway hopefully this Saturday but as usual something but is gonna happen and it is gonna get postponed for a month.But IF i get it i will play all day long...well 6 hours because my XL will die of battery otherwise.

Years
    I pre-ordered Y last night, so I'll be picking up my copy on Saturday sometime. Not in any rush though since my copy is reserved, probably will go in the afternoon sometime.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    October 17. I hope that's enough time for someone to reveal all the version exclusives. I can't afford both games and I don't want to be stuck with a version that doesn't have the Pokemon I want in it.

Some parts of this "global release" thing are very frustrating IMO.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    If amazon plays nice, i should have mine theoretically by friday, although saturday would be perfectly nice as well! At first i was determined to pick them up at the store, but getting them send home for an even cheaper price is just too good of a deal (:

Years
    I most likely won't be getting X and Y on release date because i'll be away at my grandparents' house then, but once i'm back at the university i'll take a bus to either Best Buy or Wal-Mart and get them there.

I have a red 3DS and a blue XL, so i'm set on that regard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2013
    I pre-ordered from Tesco Direct a week ago to arrive on the 12th. It arrived this morning! I did wonder if I'd be lucky and get an early delivery when they dispatched it on Monday.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    I pre-ordered from Tesco Direct a week ago to arrive on the 12th. It arrived this morning! I did wonder if I'd be lucky and get an early delivery when they dispatched it on Monday.

Exactly the same :D
    I don't finish work till 10pm though.... Counting down the hours while everyone counts down the days hehe

Years
    Waiting for Friday night, technically Saturday, at midnight to download from the E-shop.
    (57 hours!)

Though, there's an off chance we could get an international eshop release, but that would be wishful thinking!

Back