• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When are you too old?

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Just wondering what everyone considers as "too old" to play Pokemon.
    I'm often told I'm too old but I don't Care! :D

So yeah, what do you think and why? Personally I think you can never be too old for Pokemon ;)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Too me there is never a set age for any game, if you want too play it play it. If it is too you liking I don't see why age should inhibit you for doing something you enjoy(at least in the realm of video games).

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    How old are you if I may ask? :P

Anyway, even though some people look at you as if you were retarded, I think there's no age to stop playing or watching the show. If one is having fun with whatever pleases him/her, then fine with me. I don't see anything wrong with being a kid from time to time. The other day I saw a 50 year old man playing Pokemon in the subway, how cool is that? :P On the other hand, I would have found it weird if he had been watching Teletubbies haha. I guess that as long as a show/game has decent content, it's alright.

Last edited:

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    How old are you if I may ask? :P

Anyway, even though some people look at you as if you were retarded, I think there's no age to stop playing or watching the show. If one is having fun with whatever pleases him/her, then fine with me. I don't see anything wrong with being a kid from time to time. The other day I saw a 50 year old man playing Pokemon in the subway, how cool is that? :P On the other hand, I would have found it weird if he had been watching Teletubbies haha. I guess that as long as a show/game has decent content, it's alright.

Im 17 haha,

50 years old? That's so amazing its almost Epic! :O

Yeah I agree with everybody on here, who cares how old you are as long as YOU enjoy it :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

Im 17 haha,

50 years old? That's so amazing its almost Epic! :O

Yeah I agree with everybody on here, who cares how old you are as long as YOU enjoy it :)

Yo're 17 and call yourself too old? shame on you because there is no age restriction for playing pokemon :)

There is someone in this forum that turn twenty this year and there is another one that already have a young daughter. never call yourself too old to playing pokemon

Last edited:

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    You're just saying that cause youre 17 too ;)

Nah Im just joshing with ya mate lol
    Wow a daughter? Now I feel rejuvinated and childish again! ^o^

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    You're just saying that cause youre 17 too ;)

Nah Im just joshing with ya mate lol
    Wow a daughter? Now I feel rejuvinated and childish again! ^o^

Everyone that play Pokemon of any version will be back to their child self. That's why the fans keep sticky to the series although it doesn't have many major gameplay improvement throughout the series :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm fairly sure that the most common age for people playing Pokemon is right around early twenties (college-age or w/e) anyway. :(

Myself, I don't think there's any social reason you shouldn't stop doing something you like to do. I think most people will eventually get tired of "silly children's games" eventually, though... and that is the time when we put them in retirement homes and dub them crazy old people! >:D

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Just like all video games. I don't think there is ever a age where you should stop playing it if it is what one enjoys.

I have been playing it since I was a kid and I'll always like it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    You're never too old to stop playing Pokemon. Some people think I'm too old to keep playing it, but I still play it regardless.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Nobody here gets it. There obviously is a limit, let me prove it by contradiction:
    Assume it is normal to play Pokemon at 240
    There is no person alive at that age. =>
    Nobody plays Pokemon at 240.
    And I bet they have a great reason.
    Therefore, there is an age N, where N≤240, and N+ year olds are not supposed to play Pokemon.
    Therefore, all your theories about there being no limit have collapsed.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    Nobody here gets it. There obviously is a limit, let me prove it by contradiction:
    Assume it is normal to play Pokemon at 240
    There is no person alive at that age. =>
    Nobody plays Pokemon at 240.
    And I bet they have a great reason.
    Therefore, there is an age N, where N≤240, and N+ year olds are not supposed to play Pokemon.
    Therefore, all your theories about there being no limit have collapsed.

I totally agree with you. :D

& Really - Who cares what age you are? As long as you enjoy it!

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Meh. Age is just a number. Most things shouldn't really have an age limit (well, besides the blatantly obvious). If people grow out of things, that's fair enough but if I'm interested in something, I won't give it up, just because a lot of people my age are.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, since you can't play video games after you die, I'd say that would be the age.

I'm either in my late 20's or 85 depending on who you ask and I'm still heavily into Pokemon. There's at least a couple of members here in their 30's who still play the games. Pokemon is one of those rare game franchises that appeals to a variety of age groups, so there really isn't a specific cutoff age. Some people tire of it as they get older, others (such as me) still play regularly and enjoy it.

Back