• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you first become a part of the Pokemon community?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    When did you first become a member of the Pokemon community? My brother and I both joined during the DS era because our first game was white:)

I'm curious to see when the most people joined; for some reason, I think it'll be during the DS era.

(Other systems, such as the GameCube, N64, Wii, phone, and so on, simply go in another, so yes)

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Black and White was my first Pokémon game, but I didn't know this would be in my top five gaming franchises until I played gen 4 and saw Bidoof.

Years
  • Around late 1998 or early 1999! Starting with the anime and Red and Blue. Got into it because everyone in my class was.. never took a break since. :D Actively play the main series games and watch the anime too.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • My interest for this multi media franchise came to be in 2019. With Pokémon Sword being my first Pokémon game i actually managed to play until the credits rolled.

I really feel like i have missed out on so many awesome things in the history of Pokémon. Like mythical pokémon distributions for earlier games, live events, etc.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I became a fan in October 1999 when Red and Blue came out in Europe and I got hooked on the anime. I've been a member here since 2015. :)

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • My interest for this multi media franchise came to be in 2019. With Pokémon Sword being my first Pokémon game i actually managed to play until the credits rolled.

I really feel like i have missed out on so many awesome things in the history of Pokémon. Like mythical pokémon distributions for earlier games, live events, etc.

Hey, don't feel bad about this! Everything happens for a reason, and we're glad you're here now. It's true that you might have missed some things in the franchise's past, but do keep looking forward to even better things in the future!

Anyway, to answer your question: I've been a fan since 1999-2000, ever since the anime premiered in Argentina (and Latin America as a whole), but I wasn't involved with the larger fandom until 2009 when I started playing the games. I've been going in and out since then, but I've always considered Pokémon my home fandom.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Late summer of 1999 I got into Pokemon. I didn't join a Pokemon forum until early 2007, though (this and Serebii were the two I joined back then). However, I was visiting online Pokemon websites since I first got into Pokemon, because I remember looking at the Gold/Silver Pokedex online before it came out in the west.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Interprets it as being part of the larger fandom, rather than first exposure to Pokemon.

Watched a stream between Chuggaaconroy, Sephazon, Yoshiller, and Marriland in 2017. Played on teams. Fought to fill in the most Pokedex entries in twenty-four hours. Included Wonder Trades and Wonder Cards (various effects, such as being unable to evolve Pokemon for a while).

Loved the idea of Wonder Trading something to one of them. Never considered adding your own restrictions either. (Was ignorant about Nuzlockes, monotypes, and other types of challenge runs.) Caught more of Marriland's streams/videos, as the one most likely to do more of this. Joined that community.

(Played Pokemon Red, near its release, for the first exposure answer. Remembers visiting Serebii during Generation 5, if you wish to count that. Probably used it prior to then too. Never poked into their forums until much later.)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    May 30th, 2011.

I've always been a fan of Pokémon since 1996 but I never joined an irl or online communities until I found this one. It has been my Pokehome ever since and I love it to pieces. ♡

Years
  • Sometime between 2007-2009, can't remember which year exactly. My cousins had a Nintendo DS with Diamond that they let me borrow and I got hooked instantly. They lost interest quick, so I just kept borrowing the DS lol.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • When I first got a computer by 2007, one of the very first things I did was to look for rom-hacks of Gen II pokémon games, as I hadn't bought Diamond and Pearl because I was on my "ughhhh modern pokémon sucks" phase. I eventually stumbled upon Shiny Gold. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well I joined here in 2003 and pretty sure I joined PE2K in 2002 but I have been a fan of Pokemon ever since it came out here in America. I've jumped around when it came to communities the older I got.

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • I first joined when my parents got me and my brother pokemo back and pokemon white 2, ahhh good memories.... who Am I kidding I still play that game weekly

Years
  • i'd say when i first got into the anime or so when i was a kid? i guess i wasn't around the community proper until i joined this site a decade and a half ago (jeez...).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Think it was PEK2 or some Pokemon forum named Pokemon Journeys in 2007. The former is dead, and I got banned on the latter for "spam". Also, I think I joined the Pika Club.co.uk or something. Actually, come to think of it, I think all of these places are dead.

I guess first Pokemon community I joined that was active and not just spam was Serebii early march 2008. I no longer remember my exact join date. I think I also joined a website called Trikitiger forums December 20th, 2007. But, anyway.

2007, for sure. Same year I got into Pokemon I joined online communities.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    I've playing pokemon since the games came out, red and blue. And have been a fan since. And as for this community in particular, yesterday.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I am not sure exactly what you mean by Pokémon community. If you are referring to playing the games for the first time, then I have been a member of the Pokémon community for a very long time, pretty much a majority of my life. If you are referring to joining a discussion board or whatnot, such as this one or others, then I have only recently became a member. Before joining this site and Discord, I have mostly been trading with myself or my friends if we had the same game.

Back