• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When did you give up?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    On my first playthrough, immediately after Delta Episode is when I was like "okay, let's restart this game..."

Since then, I've reset maybe 3-4 times trying to finish another game, but I always seem to lose all interest once I reach Mauville. Like, in that exact area each time. It's really strange.

Guest123_x1

I last played my Alpha Sapphire probably a couple of months ago, stopping shortly after I defeated the final Gym. There were quite a few side missions that I hadn't accomplished yet, and I didn't have any idea where to start, so I gave up, and switched to playing Y for a little while, but even that didn't last.
    I really should find some time to play both these games some more again.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Mostly at the end of the game, either get tired of breeding or finishing the dex.

Years
  • I found myself playing AS from time to time every now and then. But I'll most likely never play AS as long as I played X... I was determined to complete the pokédex in X, so I ended up with more than 720 hours on it :P I'll also breed on AS every now and then but I can't find much motivation for it..

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    After finishing the Delta Episode. I'm not a completionist, either, and I don't feel the need to capture and train every pokemon to perfection. Did that for the third generation, just once, and it took long enough that I don't have the desire to go to such extremes again. I'd rather do shorter challenge runs instead.

Instant IP

EVERYONE CALL ME ELF MONSTER
    Years
  • I quit after beating the Champion and part of the Delta Episode. I play the game for the thrill of the adventure! I like traveling around and unlocking new things, and that doesn't happen often in the postgame, so I usually drop out around then.

The Red X

Legendary Tamer
    Years
  • I didnt call that give up but I gave up on Delta Episode..But I came back and gave up from battling the champ..Lol,nevermind..Now I call it Give Up..Lol! :/

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I never really gave up, but the last thing I did on ORAS was resetting for a Latias with good IVs when my battery started getting low. I put away my 3DS to get it charged and essentially just forgot about it since I had more important things to do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    I gave up after completing the entire dex, I didn't bother doing the Battle Mansion though

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I put the game down for a while when I was so frustrated because I couldn't catch Groudon, haha. I've restarted it once I decided to just replay the whole thing and I'm hoping I can get around on beating the game because I've never done so.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I stopped caring about catching all the Pokemon after I finally succeeded in Alpha Sapphire. I've done it once, why should I do it again? Now I play challenges in Omega Ruby. I still play, but I don't want to catch them all again.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I finished it and I decided to start again Pokémon X. Then, I played other games like Ace Attorney. I have my Eon Pass yet, but I will play again soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2015
    I stopped playing Alpha Sapphire for a bit after beating Wallace. I didn't want to beat the game too quickly, so I took a break and played some Smash Bros.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I haven't really "quit" yet as I am still waiting on getting a touch trade for hoopa, but since I can't really get that on my own I haven't touched the game in a while. Once that is done the game is pretty much dead.

Years
  • The other day, I noticed I haven't saved progress on my main Omega Ruby since May 16th. That's what happens when you're a challenger - you forget about your normal playthroughs, basically.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I gave up after defeating the Champion Steven 2 months ago. But now I'm interested again and I already started the Delta Episode and I'm going to continue it. Maybe after that I'll try to complete the Dex, I don't know ... I'm not going to do competitive battle because I don't know much about it, but maybe I'll try to do a Shiny Hunt.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    There's so few things to do in Pokémon... Hope the next game improves that... GF take your time for once. Don't rush the game again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I kind of quit playing my AlphaSapphire a bit after starting to work on my Pokedex, but I've been back into the swing lately. :>

Back