• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you start playing pokemon?

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
    Said it!
    I first played red, and my bro played blue.

I had to leave a few games out, these are (in no particular order)
    My Pokemon Channel
    Pokemon Channel
    Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire
    Hey You Pikachu!
    (unreleased games don't count in this poll, so there!)

tkheezy

Easy going trainer
    Years
    The first game that I played was pokemon blue. The sad part about was because it was one of my first games to feature doors I got stuck and didn't get out of the house till like two days after I got the game. How embarrising!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    The first game that I played was pokemon blue. The sad part about was because it was one of my first games to feature doors I got stuck and didn't get out of the house till like two days after I got the game. How embarrising!
    To be completely honest... I did the same thing.
    How was I supposed to know that floor mats meant that a door was located there? xD

In a complete answer to your question, the first Pokémon game I ever played was Blue Version. I actually didn't get into Pokémon until about a year after I received that game.
    I have purchased every Pokémon game thus far except Battle Revolution, Channel, Ranch, and any of the Mystery Dungeon series.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    My first game was ruby version, I think I got it because all my friends kept on ranting about how fun it was or something. I honestly can't remember why I got it for sure though xD

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    yarr mine was blue version. My friend was playing it in 2nd grade during recess and let me play for a little and it was super fun. I begged my mom to get me it so she did. And low and behold the next day i was playing it at recess too. and the next day, and the next day.............

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh man, Pokémon Red was the first video game I ever owned! I think I got it in 1999 or 2000 after a lot of begging. (I'd been begging for a Gameboy for years, and then specifically for Pokémon for months.) I used to watch one of my friends in my grade 4 class playing Pokémon all the time.

And ever since? I've gotten every main Pokémon game (except blue XD), and I'm only missing a handful of the spin-offs, most of which I've played. Been playing for about half my life though. :P

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mostly when I was 3. I got Gold for Christmas, but for a year I didn't know how to get a Pokemon. One day I ventured into the lab and started getting very attatched to it. I still have it in my GBA SP.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    My first Pokemon game? Pokemon Pinball... I really wanted Pokemon Yellow, but they were out, so I got stuck with Pinball, and I hated it. I sucked at it, it was so annoying I threw it from the top of the bunk bed, and eventually one of the flippers stopped working. Fortunately, I soon got Yellow and had a great time! Soon after, I received Red version, and my Pokemon career was started. (Of course, I wasn't able to grasp onto all the strategies for a while, so I could never beat the Elite Four...)

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Actually, I got Red first, but I played my Blue version a lot longer O_o(that I got a little bit later). Due to the fact that I liked most of the exclusives in Blue than the ones in Red(although, I wanted a Scyther so badly D:)

So yeah, I been around since the beginning, good times~

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    My first was Sapphire after years of collecting the cards since my first card, SHELLDER. Then I got a dodgey Emerald which crashed every time i tried to trade to Colloseum (got that later.) I didn't know I couldn't but it still deleted my entire game O_o. Then after a friend really pi$&@d me off and I was already pi$&@d off after someone else ripped my cuddly toy on a camp trip, I stole his ruby but my AR doesn't work on it (his fault? Damaged game?) and the I have got Pearl, PMDBRT, PMDEOD, Dash, Trozei(link), XD, PBR, and I think some others?

Ones wanting:
    Blue
    Red
    Yellow
    Gold
    Silver
    Crystal
    Box
    Channel (maybe, haven't thought about it)
    Platinum

That is it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The first time I ever played Pokémon was when I was sitting next to my cousin in my house around 1998. He was playing it and I was intrigued. He gave me a go of it and I fell in love with it after nearly deleting his saved file and releasing his level one hundred Charizard. I pressured my parents to let me get a gameboy and Pokémon Blue and they agreed after my amazing persistence shined through. I've got every Pokémon game except Emerald since then and I've got a couple of the spin-off games too.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah I remember the old days when I got my first copy of red version and I always brought to school and my teachers wouldn't care if we played during recess. lol Good times and I think I was in 2nd grade, so its been 11 or 12 years now! ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Unlike most people, I started with the cards. I went to my friend Connor's house and he and his sister were talking about it and showing me the cards and asking me which cards I had. Of course, I didn't have any...so I was a little embarassed. But I've also been the type to not go along with everyone, so I said, "I don't like Pokemon!". Later that night, I realised I was retarded, and whilst I was sitting on the stairs, I screamed to the celing, "Alright! I'll like Pokemon!"

Then, that same year on Christmas Eve, my cousin gave me four Pokemon cards(Eevee, Charmander, Pikachu, and either Squirtle or Caterpie) because he already had them. I still have the Eevee and Charmander, too.

I was either four or five years old. I'm not sure...but either way, I've been hooked for years.

Years
    Ehhh..

1999 (I think.) My parents sent me a Blue Version from the US to the Philippines. I didn't know how to play it.... got bored, let somebody else play it for me and never got it back..:(
    But then I got Yellow Version (Bootleg?), then PokeMania hit the Philippines and the rest is history...

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Same happened with me, except I had Gold and I got out quicker. :P
    So yeah, Gold was my first Pokemon game. I got it with a Game Boy Color (the purple see-through kind). I wish I still had the GBC. I kept the Gold through all these years and since it doesn't save anymore, I put it in a plastic case and put on the shelf with mostly Beatles stuff on it. I remember one time, some kid (named Rusty, no idea if it his real name or what) tried to play my GBC and I grabbed it back, but he still held on to it. I was afraid he would break it! :P

Back