• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When did you use the Master Ball?

Youngster Joey

MY RATTATA IS LIKE NO OTHER
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    Used my Master Ball on Mewtwo, since he in nearly impossible to catch otherwise. I caught Lugia, ho-oh, Suicune, and raiku with unltraballs. :)

/breaks character/

It was harder to get Azelf then to get Mewtwo! Maybe... 12 dusk balls to get him?

/back into character/

Ratta. Master ball. Use. /win

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I used my Masterball on Ho-oh. I swear, they make it WAY too difficult to catch. Battle transcript from before I decided to use Masterball:

Totodile used Surf!

Totodile used Surf!

*switches Pokemon*

Togetic used Yawn!

Ho-oh is asleep!

*switches Pokemon*

Scyther uses False Swipe!

Ho-oh is asleep and with 1 hp!

Uses Ultra ball which doesn't even shake.

26 Ultra Balls later...

None of your Ultra Balls worked and now Ho-oh is hitting itself out of boredom!

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I used mine on joeys rattata...He said it was like no other so i thought that if i could catch it it would be with a masterball...Joey knocked it away, soon after that I ran into what i thought was a downs-syndrome Teddiursa...It wasn't, it was joey's Bear-Gang after me.

View attachment 53513

Years
    I used one on Lugia. I got that thing down to a sliver of HP, and paralyzed, chucked 20 Ultra Balls and a couple Heavy Balls... and nothing. Had a migrated pokemon hold my master ball from FireRed, and I used that on Mewtwo. I saved and tried catching Ho-oh twice, only to run through 45 Ultra Balls. I thought of using my 2nd Master Ball on Ho-oh, but eh, Mewtwo seems more important to me for some reason. :/ Kind of wish I had saved my first Master Ball for Ho-oh, due it it's higher level.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I havn't used mine yet, and I don't plan to.

Master ball = Technique for Pros with great catching skills.

THIS is how you catch a pokemon MY way:

Get a pokemon with the "Splash" move so you can OHKO the pokemon.
    Then you save.
    Throw your DS out the window.

Ok dude, thats really cool

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
    I used my master ball on Lugia as I really wanted him but did not what to spend my whole night catching him.

Liz Picnicker

My Nidoran! It's So Pretty :D
    Years
    oh i don't think i'll ever need a master ball!
    i caught my nidoran with a friend ball and i did just fine!
    and if i could get my hands on a masterball,
    i'd probably use it on another nidoran :D

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Haven't used it yet and not sure when I'm going to use it. It took a hell of a lot of time and lots of resets, but I eventually caught Ho-Oh after five Ultra Balls and three Dusk Balls (caught it on the third obviously), the legendary dogs shouldn't be too much of a problem, nor sure Lugia with a bit of advanced planning beforehand, Mewto, Kyogre and anyone else should follow the same standards.

Looks like the Master Ball might not get any use this time. :(

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Ho-oh, but only because I didn't want to have to face it over and over again. I'll just migrate any master balls I need.

Yes, I cheat to get Master Balls when I need them. And I probably won't need them.

I do the same. I use Master Balls on all legendaries.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I found Entei when I was running to the Pokethelon yesterday, so I just threw the Master Ball and caught him. I normally only use that on roamers anyway, so it's not like it was anything wasted.

Years
    I used it on Lugia, no other balls were working! Even with a little bit of HP left and it was sleeping :(

I'm gonna trade over another to my SS from Platinum or Emerald even (if I can?) :/

Back