• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you become an adult?

Years
    I don't think we really mentioned the "mature for your age" maxim here yet. Any takes on that?

Mature for your age kind of implies a person your age, that the comment was directed to, isn't usually mature, and you're an exception of sorts.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    There was no single day; it was a long process, which is one of the reasons I find laws with arbitrary age limits to be stupid.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    I believe people become adults when they can think for themselves wisely, be independent, and stick to it, when they truly have an opinion, and don't let others govern their thoughts and actions.

The way people react to situations is a good indication of maturity, if they respond appropriately to tough decisions, they would be considered mature, and how I see it, an adult.

Back