• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

when do you evole your pokemon wtith a stone...?

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    as the title suggests, at what level do you evolve your pokemon at with stones, etc.? is there a certain level you think is best?

oops, pardon the typo...

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seems like a thread more suited for the Pokémon Gaming Central board seeing as this could go for more than one generation of Pokémon. Continue on here! :]

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I usually do it once I've had the Pokemon for a little while, for example I get an Eevee but I've already got a Fire Stone I'd train it up as an Eevee for a little while then Evolve it when the timing feels right!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    If it learns a certain move in its previous evolved stage that it can't learn once it's evolved, I'll wait before I use the stone. Otherwise, I'm evolving it as soon as possible because I'm very impatient like that. XD;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As soon as they learn their last useful move is when I stone them. :P

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • If it learns a certain move in its previous evolved stage that it can't learn once it's evolved, I'll wait before I use the stone. Otherwise, I'm evolving it as soon as possible because I'm very impatient like that. XD;
    This is what I do. I always check first! :)

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • I wait before evolution.I dont see the point of evolving as soon as possible. I evolve when I need to. Even with level evolutions. You learn moves faster and it makes you better. Beating the League with pkmn not fully evolved makes you look like you know what your doing. Like going without a shield in the Zelda series. Instead of hiding behind a shield, it teaches you to dodge. And in my opinion, waiting to evolve makes the pkmn's stats higher.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do my best to let them learn all their good moves before I evolve but usually if I find a TM that gives a good alternative, I'll use that and then use the stone. I'm dreadfully impatient when it comes to evolutions. :(
    And in my opinion, waiting to evolve makes the pkmn's stats higher.
    I'm preeeetty sure there is absolutely no benefit (stat-wise) to evolving a Pokémon sooner or later. Whether it evolved at that level or at level 16, a Wartortle is gonna have the same stats at level 30 either way. (Again, not certain, but pretty sure this topic came up in another thread recently.)

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
  • Depends on the moves they will learn. o____o unless its a sweeper whose typings are easily found with the TMs it learns instead (worded it funny. T.T)

I'll double check before I stone it though.

Depends on the moves they will learn. o____o unless its a sweeper whose typings are easily found with the TMs it learns instead (worded it funny. T.T)

I'll double check before I stone it though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Normally after they learn a move that is usefull.

If not generally ASAP.

Years
  • Once they learn the level-up moves that I am content with, I will evolve them, especially if they dont learn any moves once they evolve, I will do it later on.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • After looking on Serebii for if there's any moves I want to be learned before the evolution, and if not, and I have all the moves I desire, I use it. (Most if not all pokemon that evolve by stone lose the ability to learn moves, and they can only be learned pre-evolution) In my main team for White, I had at least 4 Pokemon evolved by stone. I believe it included Simisear, Simipour, Musharna, and Chandelure.

Back