• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

when has it begun?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Let's see...

I have loved Pokemon since I was 4 (see my bio if you want to see the full story). But I've playing since I was 6 (2001), which totals out to 7 years.

I do remember playing somebody elses Pokemon Red before I could read, and I learned to read at 5.

But I've been playing for a very long time! Not as long as some of the 17 year olds, but for a while nonetheless.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really don't know. I remember Gold was my first game, though I know I had Pokemon merchandise I believe before that. Hmm.. I know when the book or something on Johto came out (not the uh what to do book) but another one... I remember the cover. I wanted it, so I must've had knowledge of pre-Johto... aand I also recall being excited when Johto came on the screen. I also remember that I used to watch early Kanto episodes... might've been maybe a year or so after, since I don't remember seeing the first Pokemon episode on screen, but episodes from the series. I also remember having a Pokemon board game thing, which was only of Kanto cause I remember Indigo Plateau... and little Pokemon figurines and why did I have posters of Ash o_o Anyways, uh. Wait I just wiki'd something and saw "Ash looks up to the sky and spots Mew flying past, and recounts to his friends how he saw the rare Pokémon Ho-oh on the first day of his journey," which means... Johto games were out then? Either way, all I know is the first game I got was Gold, whenever it was, and I started watching the anime somewhere near the start of Kanto.

Oh and I got Crystal after Gold, followed by Sapphire, Ruby, LeafGreen... then Pearl about four years later and I got HeartGold earlier this year. Well, apart of the main series, that is. Also I got Red/Blue/Yellow at some point after Gold but I only have Red/Yellow now.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    OH lol.
    In Christmas 2003 I got Sapphire as a present. Included GBA too !
    I can clearly remember how much I played it. I was quite naive, being just 5 years old so by New Year's Eve I was battling Wattson.
    These were good times ! :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I've been playing Pokemon since my tenth birthday. My parents decided to finally buy me a Gameboy Advance, since most of the neighborhood either had one of those or an SP. When they took me to Toys R Us, my mom allowed me to get any three games I want. Out of those three games, I picked Pokemon Sapphire.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do at first. It was nothing like my cousin's Pokemon Red. I almost gave up at one point. Thank goodness I didn't, because I wouldn't had gotten so far if I did.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Well first off, My Dads friends little brother (WHEW!), who was a christian at time, tricked me into thinking that the GBC pokemon TCG was better then the main games back in 1997. I was very dissapointed with the game.

But my mom, every time we went to walmart would play with one of those coin operated games to try and get pokemon red. We won it, but it got stuck in there and had to get a employee to try and get it out. I think pokemon is what kick started my reading.

2 years later I accidently melted my GBC on my heater with pokemon silver in it

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I would say since 1996-1997. I remember playing Blue on my big ol' Game Boy, then my Game Boy Color, and going to Toys R Us for one of the event Pokémon (I want to say Mew, but apparently that came out when I was 16, and I definitely wasn't 16 when I was at Toys R Us). Then I took a break for a few years (around when the GBA games first came out), bought Pearl in 2008, and have been playing ever since.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I remember sitting at home on my birthday an unwrapping a game boy color the pokemon red I was so happy then after that I got blue then yellow with my allowance and then pokemon stadium

so I think 11 or 12 years for me and no signs of stopping anytime soon

And I know it's sad but I'm a star linebacker for my schools football team. Lol my team mates laugh at me and so does my girlfriend but I love my pokes

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I remember sitting at home on my birthday an unwrapping a game boy color the pokemon red I was so happy then after that I got blue then yellow with my allowance and then pokemon stadium

so I think 11 or 12 years for me and no signs of stopping anytime soon

And I know it's sad but I'm a star linebacker for my schools football team. Lol my team mates laugh at me and so does my girlfriend but I love my pokes
    Yes im a star Runningback but no one knows i play

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    If my memory doesn't fail me, I beleive I was introduced to Pokemon cartoon when I was 8, and at the time it had only been airing for a couple months I believe (at least where I live). I Got both Red and Blue Version along with my first gameboy (which was a gameboy color) The Following Christmas I believe and I've never stopped playing, though been it during some of my teens years I was kinda "in the closet" about playing it ^_^;;

But anyways this should mean I'm coming up to 12 years of Pokemon goodness...wow.

Years
    christmas, when i was 5 or 6, i got pokemon yellow. i did not play it as much as the other games i got, but when i figured out how to beat brock, i played it for hours on end. and, when i was 8, i managed to beat the elite 4

Kipher

The author riding the raptor.
    Years
    Probably 1998 around-ish of September, we got a shipment of there new strange games and I was told to make a review for the daily tribune as most of the families around here are suspicious of "disguised" violence. It was intresting to know that they would entrust a child such as me back then to do a full blown report on the thing within 2 mounths.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    i was 4 my sister was playing pokemon red and i got jealous so my mommy bought me blue and then i got yellow and every on my bus was jealous that i had 3 starters then i rememebr i got silver and then it went from there to every game i nthe series

Years
    It was summer 1999. I was five years old. My dad is an upholsterer, and one day he found a Game Boy Pocket in a customer's sofa. He asked if he could bring it home and give it to his daughter (me, of course :P), and they said he could. He did, and a copy of Pokémon Blue was in it. Around then, the Pokémon craze really started in my area, and I got into it. I lost interest around the Gold/Silver era but got into it again around the start of gen III. I've been a huge fan ever since. In fact, I'm wearing a Pokémon shirt right now. :D

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Only 4 years for me. ^_^

A friend lent me one [I don't recall which] in '06 shortly before I graduated high school. He never got it back. :D

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I've probably loved pokemon since about 1999, when I was 4. I loved the anime and toys. Then in 2004 I think it was, my uncle gave me silver version (I sucked at it, but I continued buying more and more games)

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
    I don't exactly remember when, but I believe it was year 2000(which was when pokemon started airing here). A cousin of mine lent me and my little brother his blue version... We couldn't stop after that, our mother bought us a gameboy and a gold+silver version...

Back