• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"When I grow up, I wanna be a.......!"

Nakala Pri

Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

Pokemon, its you and me
    I know it's my destiny
    Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend

Pokemon, a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all

Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dream~

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
    Years
    When I was younger, I ALWAYS wanted to be a Hollywood actor. I tried my best in other subjects, but my true love was performing arts. After taking a 2 year course in that subject and doing a couple of extra jobs, I found that the industry is very strained and can be quite harsh.

As I grew up, I started to admire the voice actors in cartoons and anime. This is a something I'm still fighting to get, but living in the UK makes finding voice work very difficult. Doesn't stop me from making videos and practising my accents everyday.

Maybe one day I'll hit a job in America and GET THE DREAM~ Gotta work hard for it. *fingers and everything else crossed*

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
    Well, I think that since I was a child I've had a couple of dreams...
    The first one I think was to be a painter, but given that I'm not a good painter or good with plastic arts at all, even tho I still daydream of being able to paint, I'm sure it's just not for me.

Little bit after I also got interested in acting, but there was no acting class whatsoever in my school and I just skipped it.

After that I got into computers and wished to grow up to become a computer eng., thing which I'm studying right now. So far so good.

What I really expect from my career? I'd really like to work as an engineer for a while, but I don't want to be that the rest of my life, I'd like to become a manager in whatever company I get to work or something in the same lines, I really don't want to be just another engineer the managers can bash all they want.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    What is your dream job?
    Yes as a child I wanted to be a police man. I don't have a dream job but I want to work in the Commerce and Law sectors.

Are you doing that job, or doing something else? Do you think you can achieve what you want?
    I'm currently studying now commerce in university. I believe I can achieve what I want. Anyone can its just commitment and belief in ones self.

Why do you want to do that job, or how does it suit you?
    The commerce influence came from my uncles, unfortunately one of them was just recently sentenced with fraud. (justifying my long second absence from pc as I was going with him to court.) law grew as a very strong interest from my HSC year of school in 2012 (HSC is equivalent for final year in Australia). So that now has me thinking towards commerce and law as a career. although due to past events my mother wants me to find something new.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    What is your dream job?
    Ever since I was like 10, I wanted to be an Archaeologist, because I was really big into Indiana Jones, Hawkman, and other fictional archaeologists and adventurers. I wanted to be able to speak a bunch of different languages like my mom and be able to translate ancient tombs, too. But then when I got to be around 13, I gave serious thought to becoming an Engineer or Physicist as well, mainly from seeing a lot of brainy characters in books and shows, like Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1. I had always grown up building things, and putting together models, so it seemed like an even better fit for me.

Are you doing that job, or doing something else? Do you think you can achieve what you want?
    I actually majored in Linguistics during my first foray into school. After a lot of hard work, I realized that I didn't want to finish my dual-major in Archaeology, actually. My heart wasn't very much into it after my first degree, so I did some varying work as a translator until I eventually landed a gig as a Drafting Engineer in Texas. A few months later, I'm in school for Aerospace Engineering while still doing drafting work.

TL;DR I am sort of doing the Engineering dream job, but still have a lot to learn before I can design my own tech.

Like I said, I grew up building things and putting together models, so Engineering is the perfect fit for me. I'm very mathematically inclined, and am actually minoring in Mathematics, so yeah, perfect fit. I just want to be able to create designs and possibly even invent things that I can say came completely from my creative mind. That's my true dream.

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 31, 2014
    What is your dream job?
    My dream job would be a veterinarian. I've always wanted to be a vet ever since I was 9. It's been
    nine years now and this has yet to change. ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Sadly, I'm still studying so I don't have a job. I don't think I'll be able to fulfill this dream because I'm
    not as smart as I need to be to get such a job. But I'll definitely try my best. If I''ve already given my
    best shot but I still can't make it, maybe I'll settle for being a child psychologist that helps the kids
    through animal therapy! ♫ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)♪

I remember my father asking me what my favourite animal was and to be honest I didn't know at that
    time. But a neighbour was walking a dog nearby so I just said I loved dogs. True enough, I did develop
    a love for dogs and researched on the many species there are. This love for dogs then moved on to the
    love for animals! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2016
    What is your dream job?
    -When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a firefighter because it seemed really easy to extinguish fire and spray water on them. I started losing hold of my dream of becoming a firefighter because things I started to mature. And when I was 10 or so, I wanted to become a scientist because my parents said that would be great for me. My interests were not something to change willingly and I learned that soon with the fact that there is no particular job that suits me for who I am. Some people say the job can't or can perfectly suit a person, but I personally don't think the "perfect" word matters because a person is either suited for the job or not. Right now, I don't think I should be panicking about what I should be when I grow up and just focus on my interests because my career will come with them. I have no time to be worrying! :) I am interested in everything I do and I believe that what I do makes what I am. So, if I'm doing math, I would be a mathematician. And if I write, I become a writer. I've stressed so much about what I wanted to become that it held an unnecessary strain and stress to my life. I should be making most out of what I do today because the future lays its foundations on the present. So right now, I am a mathematician and a writer because those are my main focus right now. I need to improve my writing skills so I recently made a blog and I am reading a book called "Men of Mathematics" which is a showcase of brief history and theories of some of the greatest mathematicians. I won't let professional careers/jobs define who I am and what I do or hold me down from doing whatever I desire to do from sheer interest. I believe that I am anything and everything I do.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

As a kid I always wanted to travel to space as an astronaut and I would tell myself that I was going to be one when I grew up. Now that dream isn't even the slightest interest of mine and hasn't been for years.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    For a long time I wanted to be an illustrator and illustrate children's books or work for a greeting card agency. Eventually I wanted to work my way up to a concept artist for a bigger company. I have many ideas (whether they're good or not I don't know - but I'm assuming they're not nearly as good as I think they are) and was always told I was creative. But there's a terrible problem: I can't draw well. I have visual/spacial difficulties and I can't see things in my head very well at all. I can only draw in side view most of the time and can't rotate the same object. And I've been studying lions and other big cats for years yet still can't draw them pretty much worth **** for as much I've observed them. So I picked a different career: pharmacist!

It makes $70,000.00 a year minimum and it involves a routine, lots of memorization instead of problem solving, and working in a cool, clean, indoor environment. I don't care about health very much but it's a suitable job that will always be in need. I lose my position at one pharmacy for some reason, I can go get another. I think it's a good decision.

Years
    What is your dream job?
    As a you kid I wanted to be a palaeontologist, I could spell it and everything when I was 6.
    Then for a while I wanted to be a musician, realised how hard it is to make money and decided to be a studio audio engineer.
    But then I realised how many people are after that job and how little of them are going around I changed again.
    Now I want to be a sound designer for video games and animated movies.

I'm actually working two retail jobs while I put myself through Uni, I'm also designing for an independent gaming company which is unpaid for at least two years. So it's more like a full time hobby.

I love science, and music, so i've involved both of my primary interests and it's fun.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    When I grow up, I wanna be famous
    I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies
    When I grow up, I wanna see the world
    Drive nice cars, I wanna have boobies

What is your dream job?
    I never really had one, to be honest. There was nothing that really struck me as something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life. All of the pressure put on me to decide on a career in my teens completely burned me out.

I'm actually really happy with the job that I currently have. Some of the new procedures are really tiring, but I love all of my clients and I love what I do. Plus every Halloween I have an excuse to put my maid outfit on.

I like to clean. I really, really like to clean. Watching the dirt disappear from surfaces is like magic to me. Everything looks so much prettier when it's clean.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I really want to get into firefighting next year, or at least the end of this year. If I don't make it in however, I'd like to try Paramedics until I do make it eventually. These two career fields are the only ones that sound interesting to me... My first priority is to become a firefighter though.

At the moment, I'm studying a program so I can manage my McDonalds store!

~Hikozaru~

Chimchar Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    What is your dream job?
    Sort of a mix of being a teacher and being some weird thing, but I think probably an English Teacher

Yes I can achieve this, especially since I'm not one of those idiots that talk like
    "Yew cumn ovr tdy?"
    "Ye m inda drvwy *** outsd"

Because I HATE slang. It bugs the crap out of me! I'll know that I have just made 100 students texting easier to read :D

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    When I was younger, I had multiple ambitions, among them a singer and a writer. I liked singing and writing and I still do now, but I now know that this is not what my future will be centred around. Music also briefly came into mind, but the idea of performing and dedicating my entire life to playing musical instruments and composing music wasn't what I wanted, so that was out of the question too. I currently have a passion in people and helping others in any way possible, and this led me to study Psychology. I don't want to look too far into the future just yet, but my future career will almost definitely have something to do with my current course.

Back