• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"When I grow up, I want to be a..."

Years
    Alright, so we've all had our ambitions. We all might've wanted to be superheroes with incredibly bulging muscles or fire fighters who save falling babies from large burning skyscrapers, maybe you might've wanted to be the uptown girl or the backstreet boy being chased around the city by rabid mobs screaming your name in fanatic obsession; you might've even wanted to be an employee of Microsoft so you can secretly plot evily to reep all the benefits! MAYBE BECOME RICH AND EVENTUALLY RULE OVER EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!

Or you could've just been the typical civilian who just wants a happy family life with a husband/wife, a reasonably sized house with a reasonably priced car and four kids called Billy, Bobby, Sally and Kim.

Anything at all. Throughout most of our childhoods at least a handful of us would've wanted to take on an occupation when we eventually grow up. So tell me, what did you say you wanted to grow up to be when you were little?

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I just wanted to be a Psychiatrist, Astronaut or an Artist.
    Amazing aspirations I know.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    Throughout my early childhood I wanted to be an architect. I loved the idea of designing buildings. However, when I was about eleven I changed that ambition to being a corporate lawyer, and I haven't changed it since.

I've never really had any unrealistic ambitions.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    At first I wanted to be a conquistador. o_o

Then I did the boring thing and wanted to be a veteranarian.

Then I wanted to be a paleontologist, because dinosaurs are cool.

Then I remember wanting to be a lion tamer for a while. Wtf.

Then I went back to the boring veteranarian thing for a while.

Then I considered something involving computers.

I finally decided on being a concept artist/storyboard designer/something like that. and that's where I am now. :]

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    When I grow up I either want to be a computer technician or a video game designer. I'm just fascinated by computers.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    When I was a young lad, I always thought I'd grow up to be a famous film maker. Now though I work with computers, Photos, and Dairy products. XD

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I don't know what i want to be, but i want to change the world!

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
    When I was little, I want to be a artist, graphic designer for Nintendo, and do what Steve Irwin did xD; All at the same time. Wow. I was so weird xD;

Now I want to be either a music producer, translator, or English teacher.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I wanted to be a veterinarian.

But I realised seeing all those animals in pain would kill me inside, even though I would be helping them, but then there would be ones I couldn't save.

And also, I lack the grades needed to become one..

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I wanted to be a chef when I was a kid. Then after some thinking, I decided that there would be no need to work if I grew up and became a housewife. xDD I also wanted to be a firefighter at some point of time.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I never wanted to be a fantasy hero, or anything. I just wanted a job where I didn't have to get up early. 0_o
    Now I kind of want to be an art teacher, or my own writer and illustrator. I guess that's kind of a fantasy too, though. XD

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
    I wanted to be a daycare teacher, because I thought spending the day with a bunch of little kids would be fun (soooo wrong :P)
    Now I want to be either an elementary school teacher (the kids aren't that young) or an anime artist.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Soldier, I think it was. The actual killing is the only part I could be content with, every other aspect (which I had not considered at the time) is less appetising.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    an artist. i really dont know why, i was always really terrible at art. and then i wanted to be a jockey, but im too damn tall. for a while it was anything involving horses

Years
    I started off wanting to be a nurse. I soon became uninterested and wanted to be a teacher for quite a while. I eventually grew out of that phase. I flirted with being a voice actor for a very short time during my anime phase.

As of now, I want to have a job that pays the bills and lets me live halfway comfortably. Enjoying it would be a bonus. :P

Sometimes I wonder why I don't want to be a writer, as I love my writing, but... I just don't think I could pull it off. I need to learn, but so far, I haven't been motivated enough to find my mistakes and fix them more. English is my weakest subject, too. :(

Back