• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When staying up late becomes TOO late

Dare

The Denial Twist
Years
  • Okay, so today is my second to last day of winter break, and throughout it I have been staying up till midnight or later. But, last night, on New Year's Eve, WATCHING THE CHICAGO COUNTDOWN, I fell asleep. I had already felt like crap, like I wanted to throw-up, and I was really tired, so I just fell asleep. Next thing I know it's 5:30. I missed the New Year by 5 and a half hours.

So, do you guys think this sort of "shut-down" comes from staying up late on a regular basis? What do you guys do when you end up waking up early in the morning like I did?

PS: Happy New Year to everyone in CST, and now also MST, PST, AST, and whatever three timezones occur after those.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Well I've kept various people up until even 6 AM. I stay up this late quite a lot, even when I'm not supposed to. o_o

This isn't a poll, but it still goes in OVP.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • mewthree w/armor said:
    Midnight is my cutoff time on most nights, if it ain't done then its not getting done. I need sleep.
    Same here.

I fell asleep at like 10:30 and woke up at 8. O_o XD.
    My limit is until 7AM. If I don't sleep by then, I have insomnia. XD

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I stay up until like 2:30 or 3:00 every night, doing absolutely nothing. I can't just have some kind of set bedtime where I get in bed and close my eyes and go to sleep, I have to stay up until I'm so tired I can't even keep my eyes open. If I go to bed when I'm not tired, it's impossible for me to sleep. That's probably not normal, but whatever. I'm usually tired in school and during the day though =\ sometimes I get home and just collapse on my bed. My parents don't like it when I sleep during the day though.

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Yup, Ty, you're right; off to OVP we go! =3

+MOVED+

Oh, and... for me, it's 3AM-4AM. Due to having six weeks of summer holidays, I've screwed up my sleep cycle by staying up late playing Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. Melee, and then waking up at 10-12PM. ;3 Oh, and the other day, I stayed up until 7 AM playing AC ^^;;;

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • For me too late on a school night is past 1 am. On a weekend past 3am. I usually do that so I like sleep in class all the time, and sleep WAY too late on weekends.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I usually sleep early during the holidays; but talking to a couple of friends online keeps me up sometimes. Anyway, I usually go for a walk/jog in the park if I wake up early. Nice, cool, and refreshing. XD

-Looking Forward-

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Chiru said:
    I'm usually tired in school and during the day though =\ sometimes I get home and just collapse on my bed. My parents don't like it when I sleep during the day though.
    That sounds JUST like my brother, but replace bed with couch and its perfect, lol.

I stay up tell 12:00 or 1:00, I need my sleep cause I gotta get up at 7:00/8:00.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • When I don't go to school I usually stay up unitl about 1:30 to 2:00 AM but sometimes until 4 or like today, not at all. It's not really wether you go to sleep late but how much sleep do you get, so if I go to sleep late I wake up late and vice versa.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • I kept odd hours so I tend to stay up late a lot. (Which is probably why I have so many Aussie friends. XD)

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • 10:30 is my lights out time one weekdays yet I sleep with my door closed so I can just turn the light by my bed back on & turn it off when I hear someone coming. I usually stay up till 2:00 am this way.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I stay up until like 2:30 or 3:00 every night, doing absolutely nothing. I can't just have some kind of set bedtime where I get in bed and close my eyes and go to sleep, I have to stay up until I'm so tired I can't even keep my eyes open. If I go to bed when I'm not tired, it's impossible for me to sleep. That's probably not normal, but whatever. I'm usually tired in school and during the day though
    That basically sums it up for me except I do stuff when I'm staying up late. I can go from sketching, studying my Japanese dictionary to literally painting a picture with acrylics in my bed, trying not to stain anything. I do weird things sometimes.

Years
  • ...I don't think we're staying too much on the topic ._.;
    So, do you guys think this sort of "shut-down" comes from staying up late on a regular basis? What do you guys do when you end up waking up early in the morning like I did?
    Those are the questions brought up in the topic. It's not a "how late do you stay up" topic or "what keeps you up", it doesn't say that anywhere in the post at all. Or at least that's my opinion on it.

Anyway... I think so ^^; I don't do it too much though.
    If I wake up too early... then I try to go back to sleep XD Usually, that plan fails though. Once I get up, it's hard to go back to sleep.

EDIT: ... no one read my post, did they? ;_____________; Oh well.

Last edited:

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • When it is not school i stay up till about 2.00am, but sometimes i get carried away talking to people on MSN from like america and its been 4.30am! But then i wake up really late in the morning, so i get the same amount of sleep.

-Matt

Mayl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    I can sleep whenever I want!! Just today, I went to sleep at like... 5am and woke up at 10am! 5 hrs sleep. ZzzzZZz...

- KSP

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Man, I can go up to five days without any sleep. o__o; It's strange.

I don't know, but perhaps there's something in your body that tells you when to sleep and when to wake up or something...*shrug* I forgot what I read. Latley, I've been waking up at 11:00 A.M and sleeping at around 6:40 A.M. It...happens. A lot.

Hopefully, I can break out of that habit before Winter Break ends.

Back