• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When the Dust Clears - [PG-16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Setting: The story takes place in a bustling city. Cars have been forsaken, since it was faster to walk than to deal with traffic, though a select few still use them. The buildings are mostly tall apartment buildings downtown, but there is a quiet area on the outskirts of town, by a river, that still has more typical 1-family housing. The characters of this story attend Makon High, a highschool that was originally founded by an insane old man who gave it the name. After his death, nobody had the heart to rename it. Makon High is a typical highschool for the area, it has preps, nerds, jocks, punks, rebels, bookworms, slackers, and everything in between. Of particular note however, is that certain members of the various cliques have been seen frequenting a nearby cafe, The Cafe Caff, at the same time. It doesn't attract too much attention, however, as they enter separately, and leave separately, but rumors are spreading. Other areas of note in the city are the Archive Library, where one can find almost any information or fiction that has ever been put in writing, the Police Department where one can usually find a few of the more aggressive punks and rebels going to reclaim confiscated belongings, or pay fines, Vidman's Arcade, where it is said they have the oldest standing videogame records of all time, The Dive, an abandoned nightclub that has been refurnished by the seedier groups and is now the favourite hangout of many, if you can handle the atmosphere, and Birchwood Academy, the rival highschool to Makon high, a boarding school with it's own fair share of students from each clique, though there is a lot more intolerance between the cliques of Birchwood than there is at Makon. Which is not to say that Makon's cliques get along. Far from it, they do not mesh at all outside of class, except for rumors of a few students in the old Cafe Caff...

Plot: The story follows a group of young kids from Makon High. This group happens to be unlucky enough to be inside the Cafe Caff when a much larger group of very aggressive seniors from Birchwood show up. The Birchwood students have taken the Cafe Caff for the use of Birchwood students only, and are not willing to listen to reason upon finding Makon students there.

Here is where our story begins.

Seeing trouble, the manager of the Cafe Caff called the police. After a brief fight, the police arrived. The Birchwood kids bailed and were able to escape, but the students from Makon were taken in for questioning. At the department, the police that questions them, a former Birchwood student, refuses to believe their statements, and they are all released... into the custody of Birchwood Academy. Their parents are notified and agree, they have no choice, the only alternative being a court summons, and probably jail. The students are all roomed together, and begin classes the next day. They deal with aggression, hatred, and exclusion from all the students, and cannot even get back into their old cliques. They find themselves, at the end of the day, with nowhere else to turn but to each other. Over the next few days it becomes painfully clear that the students at Birchwood Academy intend not only to exclude them, but to attack them at every turn. The small group must watch out for each other, each using his or her own talents to help the rest. They will be faced with ambushes, assault, kidnapping, mind-bending puzzles, and a constant threat of death around every corner. It's Makon VS Birchwood, and the only question is, who will be left standing when the dust clears?

Character Sheet

Name: Pretty straightforward. There are plenty of odd names in the city, so be as creative as you want. However, keep in mind that one or two syllables is about all you'll be hearing most of the time, so either a short name or a name easily shortened would be best.
    Clique: I will only accept one character per Clique, as that is all that teh story will allow. Again, the list is: preps, nerds, jocks, punks, rebels, bookworms, slackers. I'll tell you for nothing that Bookworm is taken by my own character. So you're limited even further. This means we have a party of 7, but feel free to submit a character, even if your clique already has takers, I'd rather have some choice between a few people for each spot, since every character is important to the story I can't have ANYONE dropping out. Only apply if you intend to stay around until it finishes.
    Appearance: Remember what your clique is. Generally it doesn't matter, but I don't want a prep who wears a tanktop and baggy shorts. Or a jock in a suit. The climate is early-fall, but if the RP stands as well as I plan it to, it'll last a whole school year. You'll get everything but summer.
    History: You're a second-year at highschool. I don't want your childhood or family life in depth, but mention them. What I want most of though is your first year of highschool. Take into account the setting and plot. You DO NOT LIKE Birchwood Academy, and you DO NOT get along with ANYONE from another clique.
    Personality: Again, remember your clique. The slacker is lazy, that is a given, but what else? Is he lazy because he isn't motivated, or because he just can't get anything right anyways. Still, remember, you DO NOT LIKE Birchwood Academy, and you DO NOT get along with ANYONE from another clique.
    Toolkit: This is more complex. Leave it blank for now, I'll go over it with the six people I accept.
    Fears/Weaknesses: Everyone is afraid of something, or at the very least has something that can be used to manipulate them. This info is more for my use. Sometimes something will happen to your character in private, in which case I'll PM you. You may find yourself faced with this, or turning on the group. No promises, but hey, why else would I say it? Just to mess with you and make you distrust the other RPers? Would I do that?
    RP Sample: OK, you just made your character. Now, let's see how you react with him/her. You're in a cafe, drinking a nice drink, coffee or pop or whatever, when behind you, through the door you hear loud and rude laughter. The door opens, you can't see who came in because you are sitting with your back to the door. A deep male voice sounds from behind you, and you can see the faces of those other kids from school going pale. "What are all these Mackuns doin' in mah shop Phil?" A slightly higher, but wiry voice answers the first, "I dunno, but they look like they're trespassin' here without yer say-so." To which the first replies, as if he hadn't thought of that, but knew it was true, "Y'know, I didn't think of tha' Phil. But yer right, they ARE trespassin'... Well, we know what we do to trespassers." He kicks the chair out from underneath you, and you hit your chin on the table. It falls over, spilling your drink all over your legs, and his shoes. "Look what you did to my shoes!" He roars, and before you can even react he kicks you in the side. How do you respond?

THIS RP IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! If you could not tell from the descriptions so far, things are not going to be pretty. Some of the threats will be characters describing very horrific and unpleasant situations. The aim of the RP is to avoid any of them actually occurring. If the RPers fail in this you will not be given a description of what really happens, you will receive a very disappointing, abrupt, neat and tidy, and anti-climactic ending. Seriously, if you are a person under the age of 16 considering doing this anyways BACK OFF NOW, you will not like what you find. That warning is there for a reason. I myself am 16/176 depending on how long it took to get this approved by a moderator, and I am throwing some of the worst scenarios I can imagine at this, so buyer beware.

Rating reasoning; Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Mild Swearing, Mild References to use of Drugs and/or Alcohol.

Again, DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO STICK IT OUT. This will take a while, and I may end up putting a 2-day time limit between posts, so the story may move on with a forced, unsatisfactory, and stereotypical response by your character via me. Try to post at least once a day please.

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • My Character Sheet

Name: Deiron Jucust Aran (D.J)
    Clique: Prep

Appearance:
    Deiron has a caramel brown skin complexion, he has a slender slim body build. Most of the muscle he has goes to his abdominal and legs. He has hardly any fat on him; he seems to be completely flat. His hair is short and dark with a 360 degrees wave's hair style. His dark brown eyes seem to transition into a light brown color in the direct contact of the sun. He usually wears black or grey skinnies with a flannel shirt to match. He likes to wear neutral colored slim jackets with Dunks, Jordan's, or Nike's.

History:
    Dieron was born into a single parent family; he was spoiled by just about everybody in his family. His mother was somewhat young in age 27 to be exact. She made sure he was always wearing the next brand clothes and was always in the in crowd. His 1st year of Makon High started off as most other schools he went to started off. It didn't take him anytime to be adopted into the Prep clique, with end the first week he had gotten a girlfriend and had joined a little family; His family had made it clear to him that they don't associate with other social groups.

While spending time in Makon High Dieron was overwhelm with an engulfing, smothering hatred for a sister school called Birchwood Academy. During his summer he had many trips to the beach and even went out of state to visit his cousin. Well apparently it's time for school again.

Personality:
    Dieron has a warm and friendly personality and is rarely seen not smiling. He is sometimes caught in moments when he is staring off into space, which implies that he can sometimes have blanks. His friends are constantly chatting and sometimes Dieron seems to be lost in their conversation, so he hardly ever talks. Although when he do talk it seems like all eyes are on him. Dieron's hates to be belittled so that's a good way to step on his toes. Dieron has been known to get into fights and most students his small build for weakness. Although if he doesn't have to he won't fight, fighting is a last resort option for Dieron. He approaches most situations with a blunt outlook making it easy for him to be tricked by 3 or more stepped plans.

Toolkit:
    This is more complex. Leave it blank for now; I'll go over it with the six people I accept.

Fears/Weaknesses:
    Dieron has deep a fear of loneliness he's never really truly been alone. He is terrified of being alone and lost. He also has a less fear of snakes.

RP Sample:
    OK, you just made your character. Now, let's see how you react with him/her. You're in a cafe, drinking a nice drink, coffee or pop or whatever, when behind you, through the door you hear loud and rude laughter. The door opens; you can't see who came in because you are sitting with your back to the door. A deep male voice sounds from behind you, and you can see the faces of those other kids from school going pale. "What are all these Mackuns doin' in mah shop Phil?" A slightly higher, but wiry voice answers the first, "I dunno, but they look like they're trespassin' here without yer say-so." To which the first replies, as if he hadn't thought of that, but knew it was true, "Y'know, I didn't think of tha' Phil. But yer right, they ARE trespassin'... Well, we know what we do to trespassers." He kicks the chair out from underneath you, and you hit your chin on the table. It falls over, spilling your drink all over your legs, and his shoes. "Look what you did to my shoes!" He roars, and before you can even react he kicks you in the side.

A sharp pain rushes throughout my body as his foot crashes into my side. I begin to cough up a moderate amount of blood. "I need to figure away to get out of here.......I just knew this was a bad idea."My thoughts scatter throughout his head as he tried to come up with some way to escape this ordeal.

I struggled to stand up as I grasped for anything to help me up. I grabbed a blunt object and stood up by myself "Hahaha….How dare you touch me, with your filthy hands, I'll be sure to let the cops know about this "I wiped the still wet blood off the side of my mouth with my sleeve.

The obvious leader looked at me and laughs as the others followed his lead. I begin to think, "I notice a small opening in between a small slander guy and a moderately built guy. The small slander guy looked easy enough to take out...... but I would need enough speed to get out before the big guy realized what happened to his friend "I begin to look around again and stared out into the easily visible opening.

Without thought I dashed towards the slander guy and without stopping I slammed the blunt abject against his head. I continued to run towards the exit as I heard a muffled yell in the background. I made it through the exit but I didn't hesitate to look back.

My breathing was horse and my heart felt like it was fire, I jumped fences and took turns and buses until I was sure I had lost them. Once I had arrive home I was sure that I would be mad, but I wasn't , I was more happy then mad. My mom addresses my wounds and made sure I was OK. I didn't know if I should go to school tomorrow asking for revenge. But to tell the truth I was sure that I was going to be sore in the morning.

[FONT=&quot]OCC-OK I did a few changes but it's about time for me to head off to school. Tell me what i need to change and i will when i get back.
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Alright, I'm glad this happened so early so that I could address it now.

Go over that a few times and check your spelling and grammar for one thing. I actually wasn't glad that I even had to say that part.

Otherwise, you've chosen a Prep, and described a jock from some other setting. Preps tend to be self centered and cocky, and completely forward thinkers. Plus, they're usually not such good fighters, more often than not they will hide behind authority instead of fight. Your style of clothing is decent for a prep. Rich and spoiled family life with young parents is good. Liked at school is not. Again, this is more pf a personality mistake though, since his personality seems to affect his history.

Decent work on the sample RP, other than grammar and spelling. Typical Prep to run from the fight, though he'd be more likely to insult them for being beneath him as he stood up, and then he'd threaten them with the cops. Failing that he'd run.

And the biggest mistake here is that you say plenty of cliques liked him. Even if his personality was like that, the clique hatred and school hatred is so high. They would not like him. And he would not offer to "get along" with Birchwood students.

It's decent, but fix all that, and check your spelling and grammar.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • *Mouth waters* Yesss, this is a fun-sounding roleplay. I would love to be in it~

Name: Melody H. Pikkent

Clique: Nerds

Appearance: Standing at around five foot seven, Melody can be considered neither short nor tall, and with a weight of one hundred and three pounds, she is neither fat nor [exceedingly] thin. Her 'dirty' blonde hair hangs down low enough just to brush the tips of Melody's shoulders, and she is sure to use a straightening iron on it every day without fail. The bangs that fall from Melody's head of hair are cut flat right above her eyebrows, and just above then you can almost always find a thick black headband. Round black pupils surrounded in the sea of blue irises reside in the center of Melody's eyes, however not many people notice them when they see her glasses. But these aren't the stereotypical 'nerd glasses' with thick rims and tape, they are that fancy kind of high-tech glasses that darken when Melody walks outside. A swarm of freckles dots the nose that these glasses rest on, but surprisingly can be found no where else on the girls face. In fact, Melody keeps her skin coated in as much sunscreen as possible, meaning that it is soft and very pale with virtually no sun-damage.

In addition to a coat of sunscreen, Melody usually likes to wear a winter coat of some kind along with her well-ironed long-sleeved shirt and choice of pants, typically not jeans, but she will wear them on occasion. While she prefers flat shoes, Melody will- very rarely -put on her single pair of high-heels to go out somewhere especially nice. However, Melody almost never goes out 'somewhere especially nice.' Most of the time Melody wears extremely thick socks under her just a little bit too big shoes because she says that they keep her toes very warm and comfortable. While- like normal people -Melody changes her cloths every day, when the roleplay begins she will be wearing a pair of tan khaki pants. Because it is still [almost] warm out, Melody will have put on the last short-sleeved shirt she will wear until spring; a white t-shirt with a PI symbol on the front and the first one thousand digits of the number on back. Although, it is still cold out (I assume) and so to finish the outfit Melody will have chosen to put on her favorite dust-brown jacket.

History: Melody was born and raised in the city where this roleplay takes place, and lived there her entire life only leaving a select few times on vacation. Her parents were of medium wealth and owned a one-story house with a small basement. Since Melody was the oldest, she was allowed to have her own room while her sisters Kit and Jane were forced to share. Nothing of major importance happened during Melody's childhood.

During her first year of high school, Melody was immediately classified as a nerd and she began hanging out in a clique of other 'nerds.' But Melody wasn't bothered at all by the harsh segregation of cliques in this school. Instead, she was proud to be a nerd and disliked the other groups as much as they disliked her. So, life went on monotonously. Get up every morning, get to class early, go over something she had known for years in science and math, and still pay close attention in the other classes, although Melody didn't like them as much. Through this time Melody didn't take much intrest in any of the guys at Makon High; the other nerds weren't very appealing and of course Melody wanted to avoid the other cliques. So Melody was, and remains, single.

It didn't take long for Melody to lear about the other high school; Birchwood. From the start Melody didn't think it sounded like a good place. The kids who went there seemed mean and agressive, as well as the fact that Melody despised them back. Over the course of the school year and through the entire summer, Melody tried to avoid people from Birchwood as much as possible. That was until that fateful day when inside the Cafe Caff...

Personality: Melody is typically kind and outgoing. She enjoys helping people out and giving advice. Of course, this mainly happens within the nerd clique, as the others don't appreciate Melody's help, and she doesn't like giving it! While Melody tends to avoid most physical activity, she puts out an effort to do as many things related to other school subjects- primarily math and science. In these topics, Melody will not settle for failure and she almost never gives up on something once she sets her mind to it. Melody's determination is part of what helped her to excell in these classes, in addition to the fact that she just plain loves anything mathematical.

However this bright and more positive side of Melody's personality is accompanied by some more negative points. Melody never has, and never will get along with those outside the nerd group. She tries to avoid any outsiders, unless they come to her- although that has not happened yet. On occasion, Melody will even be downright mean and horribly agressive; this being mainly when someone is so mean to her that she blows up. So far in Melody's history, this has only happened on one occasion.

Toolkit: Makes me wonder what this section is...

Fears/Weaknesses: While Melody has no fear of 'gross' animals like bugs and reptiles, she is awkwardly terrified of ferrets, weasels, and their other relatives- she finds them aggressive and imagines them clawing her face to pieces.

RP Sample: After being kicked aside by some aggressive Birchwood students, Melody sat up and brushed the dust off of her shirt. As soon as possible, she would get the drink cleaned off of her pants, but right now, the girl was mad.

"Hey, that was downright rude!" But then Melody realized that this statement may have caused the Birchwood scoundrels to be even madder. Quickly, she recovered before the group could hurt her again. "Oh, well I guess my drink is gone so it is only logical to go and get cleaned up. He he... you've got the cafe to yourselves now I guess."

Before any of them could respond Melody powerwalked to the door and pushed her way out, ready to get those bullies off her tail. Once outside and a block or two away, Melody sat down on the nearest bench to relax a little. My pants are still soda-coated... she thought to herself. Sighing, Melody stood up and went to clean them. What a day.

Well, this is done. And I told you I spelled khaki wrong! Oh, by the way, the 'fears and weaknesses' section of your character sheet reminded me instantly of the book Fahrenheit 451.

Last edited:

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Alright, THAT was a great half-finished character.

Mistakes? Uhh... You spelled khaki wrong. Yeah, a nicely done character, from what I see so far.

I suppose I ought to show you all my character, huh?

Name:
    Ryan Oswald Frederick Locke

Clique:
    Bookworm

Appearance:
    Ryan is short, very thin, very frail, and very pale. His hair is short, and black. His eyes are sharp, and brown. He wears beige slacks, and a black T-shirt under a thin white jacket. His glasses are thin and rather square. None of this really matters much in his daily life, as he tends to be ignored by everyone, but he always wears that. He has many different outfits, all consisting of identical clothing. He simply doesn't have time to choose what to wear, so this is his way of making it easier for himself. Why doesn't he have time? Because there is always some book or other that is more important than how people see him.

History:
    Ryan's parents are worried, because their only son never goes outside except to go to school. He just sits in his room and reads. They never see him except at dinner, and they worry something is wrong.
    At school he is much the same, in class he barely pays attention, usually reading a book instead. He does pretty well in all his classes, about 78% on average, because he reads so much and retains so much knowledge. Socially he does not mingle, he reads by himself in the school library. He gets annoyed when people show up there and are loud, much preferring quiet when he reads. There are a few others like him in the school who are always at the library, but they, like him, know that a good book is preferable to a talkative friend, and he has not spoken to any of them. Recently, the library has become the hangout for a rather loud and raucous group of students after school, so he has been going to the quiet Cafe Caff instead...

Personality:
    Ryan seems cold and calculating. He cares not for human interaction. He has been lost in books for so long that normal situations hardly bring any emotional response from him. This is not to say he does not have these emotions, but when reading it is never a good thing to burst into tears at a sad part of the book, so he has learned not to show any emotion. In truth he is emotional and strong-willed, and will stand up for what he believes in (Not actually standing up, more like... supporting unrelentingly. He isn't strong enough to try and fight for it, and he knows it.) However, he is so detached from the real world, that he never finds anything to stand up for. He realizes he is not strong physically, so when he gets in a disagreement, he usually tries to talk his way out, or failing that, to think his way out.

Toolkit: (Yes, even mine will remain blank for now.)

Fears/Weaknesses:
    He is afraid of fire, the devourer of flesh and books alike. He is also a bibliophile, and loves books greatly.

RP Sample:
    Ryan groans from the kick, and crawls away to the back of the room. He pulls out the book from his pocket and checks if it is damaged. He sighs in relief when he sees it is fine, and then waits and watches what happens.

Longer is not always better. Mine there is no great work of art, but I want you all to be able to understand my character and know what he looks like. It is simple, and to the point. I don't need extravagant works of art here, but the more complete your character feels, the better.

Decibel

TEH SQUIRTLE!
    Years
  • Name: Mark Wallace Pertman

Clique: Slacker

Appearance: Mark stands at around 6'3'', which is very tall compared to the others of his age, and is of average build. He always wears some sort of t-shirt and a pair of black jeans with Volleys, whatever the weather. He has short, dark brown hair and blue eyes, with a fair complexion.

History: Mark spent most of his first year of high school gaming in place of work, which led to his reputation of being a 'slacker'. Both his parents have extrmely busy work lives, so they didn't have much time to notice his grades slipping throughout the year. Nevertheless, he managed a pass in his yearly exams, doing surprisingly well for the amount of work he put in. At the end of the year, his computer crashed, but that wasn't much of a bother for him, when he discovered that Cafe Caff had a new computer for the public to use...

Personality: Mark slacks off from school simply because he likes gaming and computers a lot more than schoolwork in general. He's an avid gamer, but doesn't care for Vidman's, as he finds it too loud. However, he still has a pretty good social life, which is how he escaped classification as a 'nerd' by his peers. He can always be found at a computer somewhere, either gaming or hacking something, but he's very approachable.

Toolkit:

Fears/Weaknesses: Mark is usually a calm, mellowed out person, and has no real fears, but his explosive temper is his weakness. It takes a lot for him to go off, but when be does, the person giving him cr*p will know about it.

RP Sample: At that moment, his rage built very fast, reaching boiling point.
    'Well, since you just did that, I'll show you what happens when people take it too far with me.'
    The Birchwood boy didn't see Mark's fist until it hit him square in the jaw.

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Hmm, I thought this had died. Good to see there's still SOME enthusiasm. The char looks good, nice and clear. Good grammar and spelling. I think I may just give the places out, seeing as I doubt I'll get enough people as it is.

Prep-
    Nerd- Melody
    Jock-
    Punk-
    Rebel-
    Bookworm- Ryan
    Slacker- Mark

Years
  • Name: Chad Reinier
    Clique: Punk

Appearance:
    Chad stands at a fairly tall 6'2". He is rather lanky, and has little muscle on his body. His skin is pale, though gets a bit tanner in warmer months because he goes outside to skateboard. Chad also has dirty blonde hair that falls in rough curls about an inch or two above his shoulders, and Chad refuses to get it shorter. His eyes are your average blue, nothing special about that. He also has the slight beginnings of a mustache, but it's rather difficult to see. His nose is a bit big as well, because he often gets in multiple fights and has gotten his nose broken on more than one occasion.

As for his clothes, Chad wears something pretty average. He goes for a nice pair of jeans and a dark colored T-shirt or hoodie, most of the time. His jeans often have holes in the knees or tears at the bottom, and Chad likes that a lot better than perfect jeans. Often times his T-shirts will have inappropriate symbols on them, but Chad normally wears a hoodie if he wears something like that to school. For shoes, Chad sticks to a pair of high top black Converse. As for accessories, Chad can often be seen with a regular black skateboard (no helmet or pads, he thinks they take the fun out of it) or an electric guitar. Most often he has his skateboard with him though.

History:
    Chad grew up in a bit of a poorer life, but he's got the stuff he needs so it doesn't matter much to him. His father works at a tanker job in the city and his mother is a secretary for a hospital. He doesn't have any siblings, which is probably a good thing because he doubts his parents could afford them. They aren't home much, so that is probably what contributes to Chad's carefree attitude and how he does in school. Which, by the way, isn't very good.

In his first year at high school, Chad was excited to experience the parties and all the stuff that went with them. While he didn't go to many parties, Chad did start hanging out with the "wrong crowd" and got involved in drugs and alcohol and other indulgences like that. He's also been known to be a bit of a womanizer and a flirt, though generally he won't go for the whole relationship thing. He's more of a fling kind of guy. With those two combinations, Chad grew quite a bad reputation for himself, but he loves it. Chad likes being the bad boy, and wouldn't trade anything for it. Sure he gets bad grades and lots of the nerds and stuff dislike his attitude, but he could care less. It's not like he really likes them or any of the other "weirdos" anyway. Chad is often seen hanging out at local parties, the skate park, or just chilling in his room. He has recently been going to Cafe Caff though, if only to check out the female population.

Personality:
    Chad's got a very carefree and lazy attitude towards school. He normally just sits at his desk in class, toying with his cheap phone (which often gets taken away) or talking to a girl he deems worthy to talk to. He's not a very loud person in school, but around his other friends he's loud and cheerful as ever. Around the people in school and other places, Chad's just quiet and often gives them a brush off attitude. The only really bad thing about Chad is that he enjoys getting into fights, and doesn't care if he gets in trouble for it. He doesn't necessarily have a temper problem, he just loves the rush of adrenaline and the feel of hitting another person who bugged him.

Toolkit:

Fears/Weaknesses:
    Chad is afraid that one day he's going to do something incredibly stupid at a party and wind up in jail, quite frankly. He does indulge in drugs and alcohol, so that's partly why he's afraid of that. Then again, he normally just shoves that fear aside and indulges anyway.

RP Sample:
    Chad got up slowly, looking perfectly calm and alright at first. He looked at the ugly Coca Cola stain on his jeans, and took it in slowly. Before he realized it, Chad's hands balled into fists and he glared at the kid standing opposite him, apparently trying to seem cocky and like he owned the place. Chad could feel himself getting pissed off, and knew that his temper would go out of control if he kept this up.

"Why the hell don't you take your stupid crew and go find another joint, prissy pants," Chad snarled, still glaring harshly at the Birchwood brat. "And you might wanna shut up before I take my board and stuff it up a place it doesn't belong."

He didn't unclench his fists. His blue eyes were blazing with anger, just daring that Birchwood guy to say something else to get him in a fight. Chad loved fights. Apparently it was his lucky day, because the guy snorted and made a smart remark back. Chad's lip curled into a smirk and he launched himself at the guy, carefully ducking a block to protect the Birchwood's face and going for the brat's stomach instead. Chad had always loved a good fight, and knew this would be no different.

Last edited:

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I like it.

Prep-
    Nerd- Melody
    Jock-
    Punk-
    Rebel- Chad
    Bookworm- Ryan
    Slacker- Mark

EDIT: One thing though. The character you've made there. He seems more like a Punk than a Rebel. You sure you don't want to rethink that? The rebel is more... the juvenile delinquent. The guy or gal who's overly aggressive and does things specifically because they'll get a negative reaction. The punk is more suited to you, the guy or gal who does whatever is fun, with no reservations about whether it's right or wrong.

Last edited:

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Hmm, well, from my experiences, a punk doesn't care what people think, a rebel wants people to think he's an ass.

Punk -> Skaters, Goths, Metalheads
    Rebel -> Thieves, Vandals, Anarchists

It's a fine line, and the only major difference is in the toolkit. Skaters can also fall under the slacker category, BTW. Basically, your guy seems more like a punk-toolkit than the rebel-toolkit. Again, I don't want to go into that too much until I have a full cast. Pick whichever you'd prefer though. I can easily just mess with the toolkits a little to make them match the characters, though it might make things harder down the road, and they were going to get hard enough already.

Prep-
    Nerd- Melody
    Jock-
    Punk- Chad
    Rebel-
    Bookworm- Ryan
    Slacker- Mark

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I might as well try.

Name: Nick Anderson
    Clique: Jock

Appearance: Standing at about 6"3, Nick is impressive to look at it only because of the ridiculous build of his body, which weighs 197.6 pounds though he suspects he is about to hit 200 or something. Broad shoulders, stable legs, long defined arms and a strong core, Nick is a powerful sight to behold. Of course, he is not as well built as most professional athletes, but for a young man in high school, he is something to jealous of. Adding the fact he takes any advantage to take off his shirt, he loves to rub it in people's faces. And no he does not invest in steroids. He is all natural.

Past this, Nick is your pretty typical man of the era. His skin is fair, not too pale but too tan either. His hair, while fairly short, manages to remain unkempt and shaggy with its brown curls proving to be a nuisance because of its untamed nature. His face is fairly defined and masculine with a broad jawline and nose that looks to have been broken several times and never properly healed. However, he remains clean-shaven and well groomed with no distinct facial impurities.

Nick's clothes are functional and more often than not plain. His standard attire consists of a pair of jeans, usually blue or black, and a t-shirt, which is either the perfect fit or a size smaller so he can show off his muscles. He rarely wears shoes outside of the Nike brand as he prefers function over form. Many of his shoes show years of wear and tear, and are never "new" for very long. Other outfits include: a pair of dark shorts and an "Under Armor" so he can work out, the team jersey when a game is played for any sport he involves himself in ( Football, Basketball, Baseball), a professional jersey when he attends a game (Personal favorites are football and hockey). At the same time, one rarely sees Nick without a drink of some kind, usually a protein mix especially if he is trying to adjust his weight for any reason. His trademark is his varsity jacket complete with Makon's school colors and design. His long list of sports decorate the arms and his common jersey number (41) is marked on the back, completing the jacket.

History: Nick was born into a large family complied of a mother, a father, 2 older brothers and later on a younger sister. Nick never spent much time with his parents as both worked in an attempt to provide for the family so as a result, Nick was often grouped with his brothers. Not being the most intelligent of siblings, playing sports and being active was their way to avoid homework and have fun while the parental units were out. Nick was sucked in and while it was forced at first, he got addicted and became a natural at nearly every sport he played. This carried throughout his childhood and into school. When High school came around, Nick immediately tried out for the varsity football team and was accepted in as a Wide Receiver and succeeded at his position, helping Makon High to have a solid season. Nick's next mission was to make to the varsity basketball team where he succeeded on becoming a starter in the Point Guard position. While he wasn't as successful on the basketball team as he was on the football team, the team managed to end on a positive note. His last conquest was the varsity Baseball team, where he became an outfielder (though his goal was 2nd base). Regardless, he had a solid season especially at bat due to his strong build and loads of power. Due to his performance in sports, he resolved to try harder his second year, hoping to elevate his abilities.

In his school life, Nick immediately fit in which the jock crowd. His passion for sports and able to play on a high level made him a hero for the various teams and his tendency to bother teachers and poor classroom conduct made him a bit of a clown. In terms of personality, he clicked with the Basketball team the best and frequently spent time with them. He frequently clashed with the nerds and smart ones due to his tendency to bully and beg for homework as practices absorbed his time. Nick also enjoyed shoving the slackers and punks around due to their lack of school spirit. Nick's history with Birchwood Academy is terrible at best due to rivalries on and off the field, especially in the local districts where he spends his time with his friends (malls, parks, etc).

Personality: In case you haven't noticed, Nick likes sports. A lot. As a result, Nick is competitive and passionate, having what some would call an animalistic drive to win and ascend to the next level of competition. He is fiery and impatient and conveys these emotions through physical action (whether it be a play on the field or a quick fight with someone), but knows his places when he needs to. He is loyal to his teammates and friends and obedient to superiors that deserve the respect he believes they earn. That being said, he is slow to give respect to anyone else outside of his friends/teams/coaches and will frequently stir up "trouble" to gain attention from others and to maintain the level of "cool" he was given. He will bully the occasional nerd or waterboy and hit on the cheerleader when the urge strikes him, especially if he was having a bad day at school or bothered him. Nick manages to be a social-able individual in between his acts of mischief, always open to discussion and conversation about nearly everything, though he favors the topics of sports, statistics and current events over academic matters. He frequently hits on girls and the like, and will even invest time in simple hang outs with them. His tendency to either practice, play sports, or hang out with friends/girls has had a negative effect.

Nick isn't too smart or at least seems to be. While he has good common sense, he barely manages to maintain a C average in school outside of math where he specializes and maintains a B average. Whether this is a result of him being distracted by sports or his brain functions on a lower level due to him spending more time watching grown men play a sport rather than read a book is a matter is a matter of debate.

Toolkit: Uhhh......

Fears/Weakness: Nick fears losing and failing. He also has unexplainable fear of snakes.

RP Sample: Nick shook his head quickly and waited for his vision to clear. The kick shook him a bit more but it didn't take long as he has taken worse hits during a football game. "Aww come on man. These WERE my favorite pair of jeans." Nick rose and dusted himself off, and he heard the man swallow a meager amount of regret for messing with him. "I wanna say I recognize you, but then again all of you guys seem like losers to me." A few laughs could be heard in the background and the man's regret once again transformed into anger. Nick, however, was just angry and grabbed the man's arm and brought him to the floor. "Seriously, dude, mess with someone else. I bust enough of you guys everyday in games. I could definitely wipe your sorry asses in some wrestling too, even on my day off."

Last edited:

Rentok

Vigilante of Fear
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Hahah, there we go! Finally someone to take the bruiser position. I was getting worried because everyone was taking the non-combat cliques. I mean, Chad can't be expected to take these guys on without backup, can he?

Prep-
    Nerd- Melody
    Jock- Nick
    Punk- Chad
    Rebel-
    Bookworm- Ryan
    Slacker- Mark

OK, that's 3 males other than Ryan. I think we should try to keep it balanced, and get these last two characters to be female, if at all possible. If you really want to play a male character though, go ahead and submit it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back