• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When the games are released in English [ #10 ]

What will you do?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [CSS-DIV=background-image:url('https://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=50047');height:490px;width:700px;-moz-border-radius:10px;]

B/W Weekly Poll #10

When the games are released in English, what will you do?

Right now most of us are waiting for the date of the English release of B/W to be announced. When that moment does come and the release date actually hits, what will you do?

★ Speed through the game
    ★ Begin playing it, but take your time exploring the region
    ★ Go on a catching spree, discovering the Pokémon Unova has to offer
    ★ Spend a good amount of time EV training / training in general
    ★ Keep playing the Japanese version
    ★ Finish playing other Pokemon games before thinking of playing B/W
    ★ Do nothing (either due to purchasing the games at a later point, or another reason)
    ★ Other

If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.
    [/div]

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm goin on a catching spree. I want to use all the Pokemon I like there, and I like 75% of them. It's always nice to have lots of Pokemon on your box, too. xD

Years
    Well, I seriously doubt I'll get Black as soon as it's released (unless if I manage to get a new DS and 50(?) dollars before it comes out xD). But I'll definitely go on a catching spree. Every Pokemon I encounter, I'll make sure I catch. It's become a habit that I HAVE to catch EVERY Pokemon available on each route. I don't know why, but it's fun. x3 I'll also take my time exploring the region and shizz (I never really rush through Pokemon games, though).

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    I always explore first because poke company likes to hide nice things for people who take their time to look around. Down to just walking around using the dowsing machine :B There is a lot of new content and well made parts of B and W despite my dislike for some of the pokemon. I'm starting to warm up to them anyways :P So most of my time will be spent uninvitedly walking into peoples houses and taking stuff from them :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Pretty CSS! XD Once the U.S. release of B/W comes, I'm gonna take my time playing through Black and explore everything in Unova, battle every trainer, look at every building, etc. New game means new exploration takes place. :P

Edit: 800th post. XD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Probably speed through one of my games (I can never not speed through to beat my siblings to become the champion!) And maybe go a bit slower on the second game.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Probably the same thing I do every time I get a new Pokemon game. Play through it at a normal speed, taking time to explore. And of course, catching the Pokemon I like and figuring out which of the new ones are right for me. :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I'll start of by sitting infront of the letter box waiting for it to come. :D

Then I'd just go through slowly, talking to everything and everyone, since I couldn't do that in the Japanese version, then after finishing the game I'll start to get competitive :D

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I would do nothing, and probably buy it after my Spring Semester is over. Since next semester will probably be busy I will have little to no time for playing.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I've played both Black and White in Japanese (Imported them).

So when I get the English ones, I'll playthrough it slowly, taking everything in again. I'll talk to everyone to see what they said. I'll catch every Pokemon to complete my national dex.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I voted other...because none of those fits my description.

I haven't imported, but I will buy them at the release date.

I won't speed through them, as I'll be busy with exams and revision and future and all that scary stuff :/
    However, whilst I'm taking my time, taking it all in, I'll do exactly as I did with DPPt, and forget all of it xD
    I don't regret this though, for two reasons:
    1. It means I'll have more memory for important exam stuff.
    2. It'll make it more fun for re-runs! (Right now, I have a problem with all Gen III/IV games, as I know them and the pokémon too well, and have used them too much, so I literally either can't settle on a team, or can't get past the first gym due to type (dis)advantages (Chimchar's cute, but Cranidos pwns, and I refuse to trade, use Budew, or evolve him so......)

Just my two cents on the subject. After all, I'll hardly visit this section until probably this time next year!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Despite the fact that I've partially played through a Japanese version of White, I'm still going to take my time to explore Unova. I didn't before, but now that I have a bit more of an idea as to what I'm doing and what to look for, I'll have the chance to take my sweet time.

I'll also be catching the new Pokemon as I see them, as I always do the first time I play a new generation. The first stage of an evolution family is caught, and if they aren't used on my team, they sit in my box until I'm done with the storyline.

EV training comes much much later.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I get the game, I'll explore the region, then speed through the game. I'll also go on a catching spree and EV train any interesting Pokemon for the Battle Subway.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    One of my most memorable Pokemon game moments was in Emerald when I found the little cave-island where Sunny Day is found; by Foretree. I just love exploring and I always take the time to talk to every single person in every single building. Recieving things from random people in otherwise meaningless buildings is awesome!! And, you know, while I'm at it I'll catch a few Pokemon and beat gyms but only once the city is properly explored!

Years
    Considering I still haven't made it to the E4 in my copy of White (I like to take my time) I think I'll still be playing that version and won't bother getting an English copy, or at the least not for a long time.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I only got as far as the second town on the Japanese versions. D;

I want to say that I'll begin playing it, but take my time exploring the region, but I'll most probably speed through the game. A bit of both, I think XD; I probably won't have too much time on my hands, but yeah I think I'll progress slowly, experiencing Unova to its fullest.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I heard someone say that they will step on every single tile, talk to every NPC, I plan on doing the same thing xD I'll take my time so much that I'll even EV train, with my normal team before the League/they reach level 50, so they'll be good for the subway which should be like the Battle Tower. I can't wait. 4(5?) more months!

Ayselipera

I'm going to take my time and just explore the whole region. I'm really excited for Black and White and so I don't want to fly right through it and end a couple days later with nothing else to do. Not that I have ever done this, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Overall I'm going to do what I always do which is making sure I talk to everyone, finding as many items as possible, and venturing through every cave, strip of grass, and building. I plan on thoroughly enjoying every second. :D Oh, and I made sure to read little to no information on the games besides the Pokemon so I can be shocked/amazed/fulfilled as I play. c:

Back