• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When their trainer dies?

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    Pokemon left in Pokeballs can get out one their own if it feels like it has been a long time since they've ever been let out. It was evident in the Anime that they are capable. So Pokemon left in Pokeballs can still survive.

Well that's based on a couple of assumptions, first of which is that "if it happens in the animé, it's canon for the whole pokémon universe", that means all nurses are called Joy, all police officers are called Jenny, Brock & Misty leave their gyms, Pikachus are useful, there is LITERALLY only one Mewtwo and that Team Rocket don't disband. I'm not sure I want to live in that world!!

Also, most of the times that pokémon escape from their balls, they're not meant to - such as psyduck or weepinbell. Is it not more likely they have faulty balls rather than a ball of scattered atoms being able to choose to come out of their ball?

Finally, if what you're saying is that ALL pokémon are awake & aware inside their pokéballs despite being turned into balls of energy... what about pokémon that have been trapped in balls for years? I think Celebi spends something like hundreds of years in a ball during one movie. It would have gone mad! Pokémon that are injured would CONTINUE suffering immense pain waiting to get to the pokécenter, pokémon put in the bottom of your pocket would KNOW when they're slapping against your balls. Yuck!!

Anyway... what I'm trying to say is, it's unlikely pokémon could really choose when they want to pop out of balls as they're stored as energy & being conscious would be horrific in many ways. :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I always figured they would go to family members or whoever the will specifies.

Not sure if they become wild pokemon if nobody is around to claim them. They might be too comfortable with humans to survive in the wild...so they might become homeless pokemon. (Like in Mr Fuji's house in pokemon origins)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ugh, these answers are all super creative. XD

My thoughts just sorta lingered into assuming that when a trainer dies, maybe their Pokemon would be taken in by whatever Professor they got their starting Pokemon / Pokedex from. However, the idea of them being taken by the trainers family or friends makes a lot of sense.

Years
  • Ugh, these answers are all super creative. XD

My thoughts just sorta lingered into assuming that when a trainer dies, maybe their Pokemon would be taken in by whatever Professor they got their starting Pokemon / Pokedex from. However, the idea of them being taken by the trainers family or friends makes a lot of sense.

That idea makes a lot of sense too, but aren't the Professors usually older than the trainers we play as?

itzBolt

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    They'd probably get passed down to whoever. If the pokemon was always outside the ball and lived within the family, they'd probably just stay with the family just like a pet.

- itzBolt

Back