• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen When there's nothing else to do...what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I remember I had both Ruby and Sapphire before Emerald came out and I had completed the pokedex for Ruby. Then I did what was thought to be the impossible and completed the Battle Tower challenge with Blaziken, Latios and Wailord (It took several tries.) After doing the contests, regrowing all the berries and collecting ashes I had nothing else to do. I would surf throughout the region looking for trainers I may have missed or any secret items, but before I turned off the game for the day I would go to the beach by Mr. Briney's house and listen to the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFdUi7jAEk

It was inspirational for me and told me that something else was out there in the game when there really wasn't. So eventually when I played all I did was just go to the beach and listen to the song for a few minutes before I put the gameboy away for good until Emerald came along. How about you guys? What do you do when there's literally nothing left?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When I finish...I transfer my Pokemon to HeartGold and restart, haha. I love replaying RSE. They're my favorite games. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    As sad as it is, I'll pretend that I'm the actual character and that me and a friend are playing region wide hide and seek, so I'll fly town to town to find the best spots to hide my character completely, underwater, in a cave, etc etc. After a day or six of doing this, I'll restart.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I always (try) to do all of the following, i don't consider myself "Done" until I've done this.

-Have one of each pokemon (physically)
    -Have a shiny version of every pokemon
    -Have all my pokemon at level 100
    -Have each said pokemon with perfect EV?IVs

....I doubt I could do all this before the next game came out, so I'm always good ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Once I beat the storyline and post-story events, I just keep beating the Elite 4. Only game I didnt do this in is White, just because I dont like the typing of the members.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Well, after I beat my Ruby...
    I transfered all my pokemon right after I beat the E4.
    --
    That left me with no powerful pokemon, as they were all gone. So no catching Rayquaza. Currently I am training up a second team. When I catch Rayquaza and two of the Regi's, I'll transfer that second team and make a third team.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Eh, restart. I love these games and playing through them is fun. I usually do challenges on these games, so I'm always kind of "busy" whenever I play.

In Emerald, I turned my attention to the Battle Frontier. In Ruby/Sapphire, I entered a lot of contests until they lost their appeal. Get it? Appeal? Darn. When I was younger, sometimes I'd get one really low-leveled Pokemon that I never used and then I'd go out and travel the region. Sounds corny, but it was good fun. It gave me some kind of adventure and I grinded at each route and moved on until I made it to the Elite Four and tried challenging them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I usually either find things to do or restart. The games are fun so I usually do playthroughs or lately challenges.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I try to get every Pokémon I can and train all of them to level 100. I usually get bored before I complete that task and start a new game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... let them collect dust. I have no motivation to play them over again.

I have two copies of Leaf Green so I can keep one with my lv100 Pokemon and use the other to play through again when I feel inclined. Sometimes, I just like firing up Leaf Green, getting a team together, and go face the Elite Four again. And open up my trainer card and stare at the Leaf sprite. I'm not obsessed, I swear! :P

Years
  • I'll buy your games! :D (Just kidding, I know we don't buy/sell/trade here)

You could find every character that offers a trade and complete those, you could order all of your pokemon by number, you could make sure you have one of every pokemon that has a gender-difference (ex. Relicanth's bottom jaw is a different length depending on what gender it is.), stuff like that. Then there is, as someone mentioned before, shiny-hunting, which I have never done. I have never seen a legit shiny pokemon in any pokemon game I have played, since Gen I.

Try to buy 99 of ever item that is buyable, get at least one of each type of mail. Try to get Pokerus <---That's a good one :D

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I try to fill my Pokedex. Instead of attaching an Exp Share to the Pokemon I train him/her with Pokemon of the same level until it evolves.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Because I connected my game with other friends in the past, I have their secret bases.
    Which means -> I kick their A55s every day.

Also, I like training random pokemon just to fill up my pokedex and just feel the pride that I trained this pokemon. I got Salamence, Mightyena, Ninjask and a few others (a level 55 Ninjask, how beast is that?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back