• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When you got GB Sounds...

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    The first thing I'll do when I've obtained this feature, is going back to the road just outside New Bark Town (I never learn the route numbers), and then go wiping out some weak Pidgeys, Rattatas and Sentrets. The soundtrack played in that road in the old Gold and Silver games is probably my favourite Pokémon soundtrack ever. Childhood music in a nutshell. <3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • what was the first place you heard it?

I went straight to Goldenrod, turned it on, Nostalgia'd and cried a little
    OP... has the same reply as me.

@_@ I got it and immediately flew off to Goldenrod City to hear that music the way it was meant to be heard. (I hate the new version of it.) And then I sat there for a good 15 minutes just listening while I teared up from nostalgia. *lame*

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
  • Lavender Town, Goldenrod city, New Bark, Pallet town, Route 1, Route 2, Both battle musics, Ruins of Alph, Viridian Forest, & Indigo Plateau!

Ayselipera

I'm pretty sure the first place that hit me as nostalgic was Violet City. I could really here the old music mixed in with the new which brought about a bunch of old memories. The other place that really hit me was Dark Cave. I love the Cave music in general, but Dark Cave was amazing. I think Ice Cave also has the same tune as Dark Cave.

The only place that hurt was Lavender town. Lavender's original music and even all the way to FireRed/LeafGreen was my all time favorite track. When I went there on SoulSilver it was unrecognizable. I was thoroughly disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I went right to Goldenrod! :D (I hate the remixed version) And later when I rematched the E4 I turned on GB sounds, mostly for the champion music than the rest of the E4. Then later I went to Lavender Town...those were the days.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    After initially trying it out, I went straight to the new route just below the Safari Zone to see what it would do to the music (since I couldn't remember hearing it in the old games, I assume it didn't exist).

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • 1. To the Pokemon League, didnt turn it on until I walked into Lance's room.
    2. Refused to battle Lance just so I could listen to the music endlessly into my earphones, crying a little bit whilst my friends stared at me.
    3. Finished Lance battle an hour later.
    4. Walked to the route beside New Bark Town, cried a little more.
    5. Repeat steps 1, 2, 3, 4.

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    I would run into Raikou or Entei just to hear their old GSC theme, but then again I already caught them both so I don't know if it would actually play or not. :x

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I got my music changer and flew straight to Lavender town....gotta love that creepy music

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • When I first got mine I headed straight to the sea.
    I always loved the G/S/C surfing theme, it was the best in my opinion.

Back