• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you just have to buy another copy!

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
  • Have you ever had that moment when you are like, "I have to buy another copy of this game"?

I did tonight, when I went to GameStop to try and buy ruby and sapphire( I still lack them), but I ended up saying, I'll buy Pokemon black again( I use my older one for team storage)

Btw it was a pre-owned copy.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

No, i have never really had the urge to buy a second copy. If i ever do, ill just buy the other version.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • The closest thing for me would be wanting a second file. What do you do when your stuck or bored? In my book, make a new file. No file? Delete old one. Get mad at self when old file is needed. Which in the end....makes me wish I bought a second copy.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Only Leaf Green so far. Because I got it for fairly cheap and it's the version I've played through more than any other so I wanted one cart with all my main Pokemon and stuff, and a second for playing through again.

I've contemplated doing the same with Platinum, only I'm significantly strapped for cash right now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not yet, but only because I've had the option to rom games I already have and want to start again without wiping the file currently going on it. I might consider it in future but not with games priced as they are atm - I'd rather buy a different game I haven't played before.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    No, I don't. Its a waste of money in my opinion.

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
  • Not a second copy but maybe the other version. I currently want a Platinum game even though I have Diamond. But I don't have the money to use to buy it sadly. Maybe secondhand if I can find someone willing to sell theirs reasonably.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, lol. :( Emerald and White have this fate. I was using Emerald as storage, but really wanted a copy to just play through over and over and thus Emerald #2 was purchased! As for White, I have a Japanese copy and wanted an English one. And because I missed finding wild Petilil, since I'm not gonna restart my Japanese White. Like. Ever. lolol

I also have two copies of Diamond and HeartGold. Both my first copies of those two games became storage, and then an ex gave my sister their copy of Diamond, but I took it from her cause she sucks and ruined the team. And my sister pretty much gave me her HeartGold. She was playing SoulSilver and she had an unopened HG and let me borrow it, and just hasn't cared to ask for it back. It's almost been a year too, so...guess she doesn't care? She doesn't like having the duo of games, though. She had Black and White and gave away Black because she didn't like having them both. She finds it redundant, I think of it as more challenge files and one for storage. lol

Last edited:

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • I've been tempted in the past but I've never actually ever done it. Nearly bought Black and White and used Black for storage but decided against it.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Who'd want to buy a second copy? I mean if it's for extra spacing just get a rom of the game and plug it in an R4 or Edge, if it's for version exclusives you can always trade with friends and if it's for the lulz you'll just be wasting money

SuperGamecube64

The best console ever
    Years
  • er...no, not me personally. It's cool to own different versions of the same generation, but I see no point in owning 2 copies of the same version.

Years
  • I have two Diamond versions, but that was because I lost my first one and couldn't find it and thought what the heck and bought another.

I found my other copy, so now I have both.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Who'd want to buy a second copy? I mean if it's for extra spacing just get a rom of the game and plug it in an R4 or Edge, if it's for version exclusives you can always trade with friends and if it's for the lulz you'll just be wasting money

R4s cost money as well. The extra cost in between is the cost for extra convenience, instead of finding a shady R4 website, hoping that they don't rip you off (I've seen a few people ripped off already), finding the one you want, finding the rom for it, and setting it up, it's simpler to just buy another copy for many people.

That being said, I don't replay games so I don't have a second copy of any one of my games. I don't even have all of them; I'd buy the games I don't have before I would buy seconds of the games I do have.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Had to buy another copy of Diamond and Fire Red each when I ended up losing my previous copies, wouldn't get them otherwise though considering how beastly my teams in those games were lol.

Years
  • I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately. I want at least 2 of every game in the "main series". I'm thinking about having one set as a collection/casual play set. and the other I want to Nuzlocke one of each game in the series. Then have those framed or something lol. Just put up so I don't mess with them until I want to do other challenges. So a Challenge Set and a Casual Play/Collection Set. I think that's pretty reasonable.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The only time I have ever purchased a second copy of the same game is when I have lost the first. I love Pokemon, but not enough to buy a second copy of the same exact game. I'd the by other one of the two games, usually, but never another copy of one (Have i said that enough?).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No way. I have trouble buying a single copy already actually since I have an R4, the only games I still buy are Pokémon games, but never two. The only time when I bought a second copy was when I wanted to start over on Sapphire with my friend, but didn't want to delete the save I had on the copy I already had and it was also a bit too old so risky to try and have a save file on it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I mainly buy the other game if I've got a good save on one i.e I have a great save on White but wanted to start again so I bought Black but I've got a few duplicates of other versions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Thats usually why I buy both versions, but I bought a second Soul Silver and HG so I could get more events and delete the file without erasing my Pokewalker courses.

Back