• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

where did it go down hill for pokemon??

do you think pokemon went downhill??

• yes

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • nope

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    hi

well some people might dissagree but i think pokemon went down hill after jhoto i stoped playing the games and watching anime??

any1 agree??
    or dissagree??

~kian

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    hi

well i agree but i think pokemon went downhill after hoenn i stopped playing the games and watching anime??

i'm the any1 that agrees??

~hakeen

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2010
    hoenn was alright then they screwed themselves with sinnoh even tho theyre games were a sucess the creativity in the pokemon went away =/

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Pokemon has gotten a bit cheesey,
    I agree,
    but it was after Hoenn, if you ask me.

BTW,

Ash seems to have grown up a little,
    he's probably 13/14ish by now in the anime, since it doesn't say his age anymore,
    and it's obvious he's older-looking than he was in the kanto series.

But, it seems that Pokemon is defiantely pointing towards younger audiences than it's teenage rock-hard fans.
    So, it doesn't really fit anymore.

If pokemon had a more mature split-off series, it could please the fans, of course.
    and pokemon would make an uphill climb.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2010
    Pokemon has gotten a bit cheesey,
    I agree,
    but it was after Hoenn, if you ask me.

BTW,

Ash seems to have grown up a little,
    he's probably 13/14ish by now in the anime, since it doesn't say his age anymore,
    and it's obvious he's older-looking than he was in the kanto series.

But, it seems that Pokemon is defiantely pointing towards younger audiences than it's teenage rock-hard fans.
    So, it doesn't really fit anymore.

If pokemon had a more mature split-off series, it could please the fans, of course.
    and pokemon would make an uphill climb.
    Nice point.
    I Agree with you completely about the hoenn thing.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I don't think it's quality has deteriorated (sp?) but its popularity has definitely dropped, mainly because Pokemon, when it first came out, was basically a fad. And, like all fads, it passed away. Fortunately, Pokemon did actually have a good game underneath all the hype so it managed to keep going, even after it started to die down.

And to answer the question, I'd say it mainly happened around the end of Johto.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No, I don't think Pokemon has gone downhill at all. You're probably just growing out of it. If you can't accept that the series isn't going to grow up with you, then Pokemon probably isn't for you anymore.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think that it went downhill about half-way through the Third Generation. For whatever reason, they messed with the formula and something didn't seem right to me.

But from that, it went uphill during the Fourth Generation. Not to the heights that the Second and First Generations reached, but almost.

Years
    Fun fact: the hill was seen being climbed up in the first Johto opening. I think they reached the bottom of this hill somewhere around the beginning of Hoenn :D

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What was so good about the Johto arc? It put me off watching Pokemon for years.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Well, I liked Hoenn to be honest with you guys,

I mean, I liked the pokemon a lot.
    My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, actually. :3

Sinnoh is nice in the games,

but if you ask me, the game designers need to LAYYYYYYYYYYYYY OFFFFFFFFFFF all the freaking lengendaries.

in Kanto, there was only, what, 5 lengendaries?
    Jhoto had a bit more, still good.
    Hoenn may have pushed it a little.
    But Sinnoh is just REDICULOUS with lengendaries.

Too many lengendaries to count by memory.

----

Another thing, The catching tutorial for newbs.

The Kanto one was optional,
    Jhoto was a brief "You've entered the first route, here is how you catch a Pokemon, go nuts."
    Hoenn's was a storyline "Oh, BTW, Wally caught his first pokemon." thing,
    But Sinnoh's trailed along.
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

...and the 5th Region better have some nice pokemon.
    I liked some of Sinnoh's,
    but Bidoof and Magmortar are the kind of pokemo that tel lyou Game freak needs some better ideas.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    Game-wise, it took a huge drop in quality with Ruby and Sapphire right after Crystal. Animé-wise, it became terrible with Orange Islands, and I couldn't even really stand watching Johto. Yet now, Johto seems great compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Back