• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Everyone loves to hear this story, eh?

My original original Internet username was tmbjr, which I concocted when I was 13 opening my very first email account. I was an uncreative idiot at the time, so I just took my three initials, TMB, and affixed JR at the end because I am, indeed, a hereditary junior. When I started joining a variety of social sites and forums around that time (including the first time stumbling upon PC), I used that name. Throughout my teenage years, I would produce small variants of the name, none of which lasted very long (tmbjr_05, TMBjr, etc...)

One of the most common complaints I had in my username was its unknown pronunciation even though I always told people to read it as an acronym (tee em bee jay are). One day, an old PC friend of mine started trying to pronounce it to cheer me up, coming up with several odd pronunciations like "toomb-jir", "tumb-jarr", and "tamb-joor". One that particularly tickled me was "timb-jerr", which I attached the current spelling to and adapted as my display name on WoW shortly after. I came to like it so much that when i eventually found my way back to PC after a three-year absence, I abandoned my old account for a new one. :D

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My username is my name. My parents named me after a song that they like.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Well, one day about 3 years ago, me and my cousin where in my dads house, and he randomly called us "Zebeedoo & Zebeedee". =P So from there on, we decided to make those our usernames. =D Though I am also called Zebs on some other sites. As most people tend to spell Zebeedoo wrong. xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    At the time I created this username, one of the big things in the community was Japanese oriented usernames. I jumped on the bandwagon and started wanting one when I was bored of my original username, Lettursnnumburs.

It took a long time before I finally decided, like I normally do, on the first letter. I decided on P just because the first word that came to my mind was Patch. Inspiration for my first name in my username came from Patchou, the creator and developer of the popular MSN Messenger add-on, Messenger Plus! Live. Usually, whenever I try to make a new username, I base it off of one creating and since Patchou was the first to come to mind, I decided to go on with that.

I forget where the "is" in Patchisou came from, but that doesn't seem to be important.

Same goes for the "Yu" in Yutohru. I just know that Tohru came from Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, which was my current favorite anime until the time I became involved in watching Kiba and Death Note, which replaced Fruits Basket as my favorite anime quickly.

My username is pronounced Patch-ee-sue You-toe-roo, for those who are interested in knowing.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Wow... the story of the username...
    Brace yourselves for mine.

My original username for everything was simply my name plus my age, because I was young, unimaginative and slightly boring. After realising the online risks of using such a name, I began trying to think of new ways to identify myself. At the time, I was gaining an interest in Japanese culture, and decided that a Japanese name would be preferred. After a little research, I thought of the name Neko (meaning cat). Of course, that was a word well known, so I went for the younger form, Koneko. Are you starting to see it yet? On a couple of sites, this worked fine, but later, that name was taken too, so I added a PR (standing for Phantom Reaper - hey, don't judge me. I was young. :p ) and became PRKoneko. All well and good. Then I started shortening it to Kon, or PRKon, or Kon~. And the last such case is the one I use today :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    How many variation of this thread have I seen since I joined this place? XD

Alright. It's quite the long story not really. But I shall explain again.

Back a few years ago, I was on this forum for Danny Phantom. My name there was DanPhantomFan (before Dan Phantom came out folks.) Eventually I was called by DPF. Well, time went on and I decided that I wanted a name change, something from the Danny Phantom fandom since I was still at the forums, but I wasn't too into Danny Phantom anymore. Eventually, the name DigiPeachFruit came up.

A year or two (or three) later, my friend and I were talking about Digimon, and that the digital world is made out of binary code. Well, Digi in DigiPeachFruit is Digital, so eventually we said, Digital Peaches, the Peaches are Binary.

And eventually, I became BinaryPeaches. c:

THE END.

Years
    So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much, who tells me I ought to smile more...

I like scarves. I'd just gotten a new one. The End.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I don't really have a story about how my username came to me or something. I just wanted a cool username.

Originally, I wanted something that had Aqua in it, due to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts BBS.

I also liked the Pokemon TCG and my favorite card was Tyrannitar Ex.

Aqua+Ex= Aquaex

This username didn't look right, so I took out the a and added "er" to it.

Aquerex.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    My Current username is an interesting story actually.

For a while I'd take on usernames of anime characters that were my favorites.
    Three times I took on the names of Digimon like Calumon, Justimon, and Raidramon. My favorite show was indeed Digimon. :3

After being somewhat tired of Digimon names, I decided to take on a unique username. Thus the Username Pachy was born. I had a friend right here on PC who was going by a variant of the username Pachirisu. The variance was merely a few decorative unicode symbols before and after the name. All the same, this was about the time when I fell in love with the pokemon Pachirisu.

Because all decent variances of the username Pachirisu were taken, I had to do a bit of improvisation.
    I shortened the word Pachirisu to 'Pachi' Somehow, this didn't sound right to me. The name sounded far too feminine when it ended with an 'i', and I was already somewhat confusing people and being mistaken for a girl because of my personality. So I settled on the letter 'y' which sounds just about the same and when it's at the end of a name, it's gender neutral. And so, "Pachy" was born.

All of my friends loved this new username, and I began widely adopting it elsewhere.

Then I evolved into loving an anime called Mahou Sensei Negima! From that series, I fell in love with a silent, and very minor character named Zazie Rainyday. :3 She represented so much of my personality I took on that name. From this very username I did adopt my LiveJournal username, Zazie Lavender. :33

Of course my friends soon lamented the loss of my username "Pachy". Try as I might, to get the name "Zazie Rainyday" or it's shortened "Zazie" to catch on failed miserably. By this time, everyone knew me as "Pachy" no matter what I choose to call myself. And so I switched back to "Pachy" because the name stuck on me.

Naturally more time passes, I got tired of "Pachy" again. Of course, at that time...Sentence style nicknames like "Careful with that axe, Pichu" and many others had caught on and were in style. Naturally, I sought to dream up a sentence which suited my more friendly and artistic side. And so the username "Paint me Pretty, Smeargle" was born. The entire time I had this name, people were indeed content to call me Smeargle, which I enjoyed. But no matter how much I might try to avoid it, Everyone knew that I was "Pachy", and while they never called me "Pachy" to my face, They always referred to me under that name amongst themselves.

And so, when the announcement went out that PC would no longer take username changes, I thought: "To heck with all this username changing" and changed back to Pachy. Besides, I'd already been awarded the Identity Issues emblem for changing my username so much. XD

And so, this is the story of my username. :3

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    One of my favorite book series are Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time books. And in the books, thier is a really powerful magic item called Callandor. It's also called The Sword thats not a Sword, because it looks like a crystal sword but you don't use it as a sword.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hatched a Scyther and the name Sydian popped out. idk. Not that incredible. But I still have it. It's a Scizor and the actual day was July 28, 2009. So I guess that's kinda cool. Sydian went on to be my writer's name and all that good junk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back