• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you hear about SPECIAL?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
  • The question is where did you hear about it?

Me? I found it at serebii while trying to find some ash sprites, then stumbled upon RED instead :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    The question is where did you hear about it?

Me? I found it at serebii while trying to find some ash sprites, then stumbled upon RED instead :P

I found it on serebii also. I discovered it for years now but I just looked it up once since I thought that the manga is exactly the same as the anime only a little more ahead and 6 years later I looked it up in serebii and thought it was a fanfic. I read it and I really liked it. Then I stumbled here in this forum. I said OMG it actually exists. That was 6 months ago now. Ironic isn't it? Oh what did you mean when you said you stumbled on red instead?

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Basically, I was just googling random pokemon stuff because I was bored, then, it pulled up Pokemon Special on the Serebii home page.

I was wondering what it was and began to read the summaries.
    After that, I was wondering if anyone knew how the manga looked liked, then I found this place.

So yeah, and that was about 10 months ago....I think.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • well one day i went to onemanga to read the new naruto chapter then i saw poke special and i tought well better take a look at it and from that day on i'm super hook with the manga then i found this place

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • well.... I remember going to canada to visit my friend. BTW, This was about 5-6 years ago. I got into his car and there were pokemon comic books in the car, only they were totally different from pokemon in the anime that I used to love. So I began to take a peek inside the mysterious volume 6 that I was reading for the first time... and I was kinda scannin through the manga, and I realized that this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the anime. There were actually villains that posed a serious threat, there was more intense action from the pokemon than in the anime. Also I realized that the trainers were actually the part of the story as well.That's how I got hooked on the manga. So I got the first 6 volumes in korean at a book store in Garden Grove, CA. After finishing the six volumes, I forgot about them for a long time... and pokemon culture was kinda dying for me, until one day it just sprung to my mind that there had to be volumes for G/S/E, FR/FG, R/S/, D/P... so I searched, found mangafox, then used nicoleb's posts, then used mangafox to finish FR/LG Saga.(still waiting for updates in mangafox)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    I found the manga first in a bookstore, but i didnt buy it because they used exactly the same names as in the anime (ash and gary) and that was what i first hated in the manga. Some years after that i read a little bit on wikipedia about it. Eventually i searched for the manga as if there was no tomorrow and then found the first 9 volumes here uploaded by nicoleb.

My way to one of the greatest Manga i ever read.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    A few years ago I entered a pokemon tournament in a old book store.I think it was called hastings?Anyway they sold the pokemon manga and I bought them.I wasn't even sure what they were but it was pokemon so I bought them.But saldy a little later after selling the manga it closed down.So now I read them here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    well one day i went to onemanga to read the new naruto chapter then i saw poke special and i tought well better take a look at it and from that day on i'm super hook with the manga then i found this place

Also happend to me like that.

Years
  • Ok....

I can't remember the first time... the only thing I could remember was seeing it in Dogasu's and trying to download it from Dragonguard (TORTURE!!!) before finding out about onemanga a couple of months ago....

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • From Serebii.net. I thought I'd never get to read the actual thing, so I went through the summaries. I was impressed.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • I can't remember the first time... the only thing I could remember was seeing it in Dogasu's and trying to download it from Dragonguard (TORTURE!!!) before finding out about onemanga a couple of months ago....

Ha, that sounds kind of like my experience. :P

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Well, i FIRST found it at Serebii. But i thought "What the hell is this?". I saw "Ash" & "Gary" but i had NO idea who the girl in the black dress was. Then, i bought Pokemon firered and played through it, and me being the shipping-fanatic i am, noticed how the rival talked to the heroine. I then searched online about it and found out it had a "manga counter-part" of oldrivalshipping. I searched and searched and i grew more curious about what Pokespecial was like. Finally, i stumbled into PC and found NicoleB's scans. So basically, that's how i ended up here xD. After seeing that people were doing a scanlating project... i was hopeful, but doubtful as well. But everyone here proved a lot of people wrong :)

lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    In site that copied serebii to hebrew...
    So I stared at summaries, and then I saw in the forum of this site download of volumes 1-7 (English). About a year or two. I saw in other forum link to Nicoleb thread, and then I readed here from GSC to FRLG. And now I'm waiting to Emerald And DP.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • well one day i went to onemanga to read the new naruto chapter then i saw poke special and i tought well better take a look at it and from that day on i'm super hook with the manga then i found this place

lol same here and i just fell in love with yellow ^_^
    Right now im reading The GSC saga

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I was bored, and went on Serebii, and just decided to click the FRLG arc of the manga. xP I actually didn't become obsessed with it until I read the GSC summaries, though.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    It was my first manga ever.

I was little, but ya know. I still have eight of the thin little 3-chapter books. <3 My mom used to read them to me. Most of them are from the late Yellow Arc, so I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but I loved it.

Then, when I got older I researched more and got the full story, and I got a few of the first actual thick volume books.

To be honest, I think my mom got them for me because I was addicted to the games, and she wanted me to read instead of burying myself in video games.

-thumbs up- Kudos to my mom. Now I'm addicted.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • It was my first manga ever.

I was little, but ya know. I still have eight of the thin little 3-chapter books. <3 My mom used to read them to me. Most of them are from the late Yellow Arc, so I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but I loved it.

Then, when I got older I researched more and got the full story, and I got a few of the first actual thick volume books.

To be honest, I think my mom got them for me because I was addicted to the games, and she wanted me to read instead of burying myself in video games.

-thumbs up- Kudos to my mom. Now I'm addicted.

You're lucky.
    My mom doesn't buy me manga...........

Back