• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you start?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Well we all started somewhere in graphics or photography, but what got you guys into it and where did you start doing it? What kind of stuff did you start doing and what was it for?

For me, I started out doing banners and tags. Inspired by great graphic artists on PC. I worked from there and expanded my knowledge of art overall. And for photography, I had always been interested, but PC really brought back my spark. Photographers like Captain Fabio inspired me to start up again.

.Mini

Graphics Artist
    Years
    Let's see...I used to do banners for this forum way back, then I seen some really good graphics artists on another forum and some of them helped me out.. Like Zero, Dlwhdlrf, Isaac. They inspired me to keep going, i eventually surpassed two of them..But Isaac continues to beat me ;3. I started off with Gimp 2.0, didn't do very well. Then i moved into photoshop which was pretty hard to learn at first. Once I got the hang of it I guess things just kinda took off.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    I started when I joined this forum, PokeCommunity. I started with signatures/banners/tags (once I knew what they were!) and then slowly moved to icons and now wallpapers. I've had Photoshop for a LOOONG time now, just I never had an interest in it until I joined this forum. PC really gave an inspiration!:) I have a digital camera, and soon I will start Photography School here at PC.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Around July of 2009 was when I really started to notice people's signature on PC and how they had such amazing tags. I wondered if they just found the image somewhere and I asked someone about it (Can't remember who) they said they had made it on photoshop. I remembered I had photoshop at school so slowly started making stuff from there and trying to improve myself.
    Photography-wise I've had my own camera since I was about 10 and always had that passion for it ever since then. That passion increased when I go here and more of when I started deviantART and Tumblr

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I started back in my days at the Supercheats forums. I saw all these awesome sigs in peoples posts, and wanted to make my own. Someone told me about GIMP and I was determined to learn how to use it. XD I followed some tutorials on various websites before I really started experimenting on my own.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Started here at PC. I accidentally walked into Graphics and Photography and loved what I was seeing. I had Photoshop for a while before I joined PC and had used it during school, so I had the basics down and I thought I might as well give it a go. So I tried some tutorials and stuff and got into it!

But really, it was the artists here at PC who inspired me!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    I started making tags in a site called clickcritters about a year ago, then I kind of lost intrest until I found this site.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    well i don't make graphics that much now, to be honest, but i first started out about 3 years ago. it was when i first joined a forum about emulation and videogames, and i saw the "sigs" (as they were called) by some really talented users. seeing as i had photoshop, i decided to see if i could learn the basics of sig-making. i started looking at some tutorials (mostly the ones that talked about brushes and backgrounds) until i learned enough basic techniques, after which i decided to go from just basic sig-making to photo manipulation (i'm really a fan of manips, to be honest). nowadays, i still make tags, but not as much as before.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I started back in 2009, when I first got Photoshop. I really was fed up with all of the bad signatures I made, so I just started making graphics and learning about it. It was a big interest to me and I was influenced by other PC users too.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Abnegation said:
    For me, I started out doing banners and tags. Inspired by great graphic artists on PC. I worked from there and expanded my knowledge of art overall. And for photography, I had always been interested, but PC really brought back my spark. Photographers like Captain Fabio inspired me to start up again.
    Pretty much the same thing as far as my 'advent' into G&P goes. (Believe it or not, I'm into photography too. Just haven't posted my pics here.) But yeah, the only difference is that I was not only inspired, I was also 'jelly'. I couldn't stand the fact that there were so many people running around with pretty signatures while I couldn't even make a half decent one myself. XD; So yeah, jealousy worked in my favor at the end of the day. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Pretty much the same thing as far as my 'advent' into G&P goes. (Believe it or not, I'm into photography too. Just haven't posted my pics here.) But yeah, the only difference is that I was not only inspired, I was also 'jelly'. I couldn't stand the fact that there were so many people running around with pretty signatures while I couldn't even make a half decent one myself. XD; So yeah, jealousy worked in my favor at the end of the day. ;)
    I even recall when you started out. And I know Siggy had a big influence on your starting point! But yeah, wishing to be as good as someone else can be a big factor in what drives you. It still drives me!

Back