• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where did you train for the Elite Four and to what level ?

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Everyone knows that you must have strong Pokémon to beat the Elite Four so :

-What location did you train your Pokémon for taking on the Elite Four ?
    -What level were each of your Pokémon when you beat it ? :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Victory Road, Route 223 were the main spots I trained. Got most of my team up around the 50s.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Nearly everywhere. I always did about 5-7 levels of grinding between each town so I wouldn't have to do one big session right before the Elite Four. And it worked pretty well, because I was around 63-64 by the time I faced them.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
    Mostly i trained my Pokemon on Victory Road and used my VS. Recorder in other places to fight trainers. My pokemon were around lv 57 when i fought the Elite 4.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Usually I don't train for the Elite 4.
    Usually, I grind my Pokemon up to level 58 or so on that Route before Sunyshore city, and battle Volkner and go from there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    RBY:
    Victory Road
    GSC:
    Victory Road
    RSE:
    Victory Road
    FRLG:
    Victory Road
    DPPt:
    Victory Road
    HGSS:
    Most likely Victory Road.
    And always to level 60.

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I was significantly under-leveled when I got to the Elite Four, and I don't often have the time/patience for level-grinding. However, having seen all Pokémon in the regional Pokédex except Garchomp, I managed to make it to Cynthia's Garchomp after 3 or 4 attempts at the Elite Four. Then, frustrated, I used Pal Park to migrate in 6 Pokémon from my FireRed that were all between level 65 and 75, added a couple of them to my team, and totally creamed the Elite Four. I felt that I had achieved my revenge. :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I trained on route 223, mainly killing Tentacruel. I got all of my Pokemon to 55-ish before actually beating the Elite Four.

Back