• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you use your Apricorn Balls?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
  • In the Sun and Moon games, you're given the Apricorn Balls at a specific points in the story, from Samson Oak and Mount Hokulani. However, there is a catch to this; you only get one of each ball. While breeding Balls has been made much easier now Males and Genderless Pokemon can pass down their Ball, it still raises the question; On which Pokemon did you use an Apricorn Ball?

As for me, I'm picking up a bunch of Apricorn Ball Pokemon off the GTS and assembling my collection.

Personally, I've got these four planned;

Fast Ball: Tapu Koko
    Love Ball: Tapu Lele
    Friend Ball: Tapu Bulu
    Lure Ball: Tapu Fini

I regret not using the Heavy/Level Ball on Solgaleo...won't make the mistake when I get Moon Balls for Lunala!

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I haven't used any of mine yet! I haven't really given it much thought until this thread, actually...

I originally used my Love Ball on a Salandit thinking I could get more, had to SR when I realized the truth!

I'm especially looking forward to having that one chance to obtain 5 IV Tapu's with the right nature lol. Beauty requires effort.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Can't you get more from the Festival Plaza? I will be seriously dissapointed if we can't.

Anyways I did manage to snag Solgaleo in a Heavy Ball so I'm pretty proud of that, failed my Friend Ball against Mimikyu (He must be the one from the Anime) and failed my Fast Ball against Tapu Koko.

For nostalgia purposes I kind of want to catch a Totodile in a Lure Ball.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I used my Friend Ball to catch a Shiny Bounsweet. Perhaps I should have used the Love Ball but it is what it is.

The other Apricorn balls I still have.

Years
  • I never used mine so far, just because of how precious they are. Pokemon Centers won't even buy them, because of how valuable they are.

Years
  • I used my level ball on Cyndaquil in moon and plan on using my lure and friend balls on the other two johto starters. not sure about the rest though. something I can breed that hasn't been available in those balls before probably.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I haven't used any of mine. I will eventually, but I plan on saving them for female Pokemon to breed with, so I at least get multiple Pokemon in the same ball to use for trading.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wasted my Heavy Ball and Moon Ball without realizing these things weren't buyable. I think it's silly to only get one of each. I know we've traditionally gotten one Master Ball, but think of it this way -- that catches without fail. With the Apricorn Balls, there is a chance of failure. So you end up wasting the ball or having to reset over and over to try to get a Pokemon in an Apricorn Ball and it can take entirely too long. Kind of wasted potential if you ask me.

Back