• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

where do all those pokemon go when we release them

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Because you can't catch them again I assume they either go to a shelter or something or they never encounter trainers because the feel no reason to.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    There are the other possibility:
    - They are alive after we released that pokemon. For Pokemon that smart enough to remember how to return to their origin place, they will return. For Pokemon that can't remember the road, they will just get lost, or probably get killed by other species at other wild area.
    - They are also alive, but they are killing their self after we released that Pokemon, because they feel be dumped.
    - They are just death when you released it.

Haha, but imo they are just death when you released it.

Last edited:

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    Guys releasing a Pokemon is a form of deleting it from your game. Rather than saying delete they use something Pokemon related. Once you release a Pokemon no matter what level it is at does not mean that it will be catchable again. Once it is gone it is gone for good. The only way that you can retrieve a Pokemon that you deleted is to shut off your game before your next save. Once you save your game there is no way to retrieve it ever again. It is like deleting an email or something else XD. That is all RELEASE on your game means. It is to delete a Pokemon from your game. They really don't get released back into the wild XD.:)

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    If N really cares about Pokémon so much, it means he's just deleting Pokémon..? xDD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Guys releasing a Pokemon is a form of deleting it from your game. Rather than saying delete they use something Pokemon related. Once you release a Pokemon no matter what level it is at does not mean that it will be catchable again. Once it is gone it is gone for good. The only way that you can retrieve a Pokemon that you deleted is to shut off your game before your next save. Once you save your game there is no way to retrieve it ever again. It is like deleting an email or something else XD. That is all RELEASE on your game means. It is to delete a Pokemon from your game. They really don't get released back into the wild XD.:)

Someone's taking this a bit literally. We're talking about it flavourfully, what it means to 'release' a Pokemon. Obviously the Pokemon gets deleted, I mean what is 'the wild' in the game? Nowhere.

IMO, they just get... released, I guess ._. Into the wild, I guess. Pokemon are smart, they're not like animals who'll get used to people. They can adapt.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years

I don't think anyone is doubting that the Pokémons you release just gets deleted lol. We're all just wondering what happens to them inside the game world, ala, kayfabe.^^

I'm pretty sure they just returned into the wild, like in the anime whenever they release one of their Pokémon. The idea of encountering them again does sounds pretty awesome, though. Maybe you can give them a ribbon or scarf before you release them, that way you can identify them if you encounter them again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    They head outside, forced to wander the region aimlessly, but they're careful to avoid you, the heartless trainer who released them in the first place.

But I really don't feel any guilt... after all THEY'RE the ones who decided to have bad IV's and poor natures, not me xD

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Well in my opinion it's like the real world, if you abandoned your child they would go to an adoption center. So most likely, the abandoned Pokemon would go to the Battle Factory so people could rent them for challenges or they can be donated to Professors for research (or given to new trainers if they're new born)

Legendaries are used for rituals, so they are sacrificed.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    If I were the creators i would approach this feature like this:

If you release a Pokemon with a nickname it goes back out into the wild with nicknames and stats intact, and its level and stats may change depending on how long it is before you encounter that Pokemon again. you will know if it was yours by the nickname. Say I released a Rattata level 7 named Bob out into the wild at a Pokemon Center next to an area where the common level is 30. After a few days if I went out into that level 30 area and shuffled around into the grass I might get an encounter: "BOB appeared!" or something to that degree. Except it would be a higher level than 7 (possibly a Raticate by now) depending on how long it's been since you released it because it's been living around level 30s (30 would be the level cap). You could re-catch the Pokemon but because you released it, it's happiness would probably be down a lot and its nature may change to something more anti-trainer depending on the Pokemon. I would love it if the creators did this. In the case of legendaries being released, they should go back to the area they were at but refuse to fight you because they resent you for betraying their trust.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    One must wonder though: What would happen if one were to trade up a bunch of Zapados, and release them all into the wild at once? Or even worse, release an artificial Pokémon with a Ditto and watch as the entire region's ecosystem is overwhelmed.

Back