• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do Pokemon go when they die?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Seeing as it has been a bit of discussion on Pokemon death, I felt that I should make a thread that looked at it from the other way - that is, what happens to them when they die?

Since dead Pokemon have both been mentioned in the games, as well as featured in the anime, there's a few theories that can be made:

1) The dead Pokemons' spirits remain at a place connected to their death, or just a place where Pokemon are wept for and missed.
    (the Lost Tower and the Pokemon Tower, south of Solaceon Town and in Lavender Town, respectively)

2) The dead Pokemons' spirit becomes vengeful, and might materialize itself yet again in the Pokemon world as a Ghost-type Pokemon.
    (This is only based on what I've seen people write on this forum, so this one is rather uncomfirmed and rather fanon)

3) The dead Pokemons spirit travels away, at least from Earth, through space to a place unknown. They probably keep all their abilities that they had in life.
    (this is quite the thin theory, being based on the dying Latios from Pokemon Heroes, and to a lesser extent the Marowak from Lavender Town, but for now, I find it rather valiable)

4) The dead Pokemon remains in place, turning to dirt and new Grimers eventually.
    Nothing what-so-ever happens to it, when it's dead, it's more dead than Dusknoir itself.
    (but that would be dull and boring, so that is probably not right)

5) The dead Pokemons' spirit is put on "hold", so that it remains in a kind of "Spirit world", waiting for its trainer to suffer the same fate (death).
    (Lucario is shown to be together with Sir Aaron after its death, offering him a bar of chocolate, which didn't exist at the time he lived)

And that's all I can think of for the moment. :] Your thoughts and theories on this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    What about all the atheists?

Listen, because we don't know for sure if there is a heaven or hell and we don't know what will happen when we die, we can't say for sure. All we know is that Pokémon have their own graves. Perhaps they get cremated as well.

So, basically, it's this:
    Where do Pokémon go when they die? In the ground/In the fire.​

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

Listen, because we don't know for sure if there is a heaven or hell and we don't know what will happen when we die, we can't say for sure. All we know is that Pokémon have their own graves. Perhaps they get cremated as well.

Where do Pokémon go when they die? In the ground/In the fire.​

It's true that we haven't got any idea where they actually GO, but we've got a tip, or something more like a clue with the 5th movie - Pokemon Heroes.
    Latios sacrifices himself in order to save Alto Mare from a giant tidal wave, and after he dies, he puts on "Sight Share" so that Latias, Ash, and company gets to see what he actually sees after dying.
    Sadly, I couldn't find a perfectly fitting video (help, anyone with the movie in their possession?:)), but that clip would've shown his spirit ascending from the Earth, at a steadily increasing pace untill the Earth is nothing but a small ball in the distance.
    No ground nor fire here.

Actually, whilst looking at the video, his spirit is not that unlike in color to that Sky-blue color that the "Aura" of different pokemon has.
    Is then spirit the same as Aura, and does that mean that you actually shoot dead Pokemons spirits when using moves such as Aura Sphere?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Well, we know for one that there is a dead Marowak in FRLG roaming about. So their spirits probably remain on the earth; that's apparently what happened to Marowak.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I don't know im not a dead pokemon

speaking of

HOW do pokemon die? I know they die, in movies, {{i haven't seen all of thm sadly...care to clue me in?}}, and TR managed to kill pokemon but they can be zapped with OVER 9000 volts of electricity, burned with OVER 9000 degrees of heat, and yet they manage to get by with paralysis, a small burn, slight poisoning, or fainting. >.>

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    It's quite obvious isn't it?
    When pokemon die, they turn into gummybears that match their color.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Reincarnation, anyone? However, it kinda leads to the Pokéheaven-thing since there's a GOD Pokémon somewhere the Pokémon world…!

There are things in Pokémon that remains unexplained. In the anime, we see the ghost of Ninetails; and, in the game, we saw the spirit of Marowak. Perhaps they can choose to stay on earth until their duties have been accomplished, or their spirits just fade away…?

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    like i said earlier poke heaven.

reincarnation could be possible, but Arceus cancels that seeing as he is the god of pokemon and God in general.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    If pokemon go to the same place as animals in our world when they die, then they die and get eaten by weedles. The End.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years

Where do Pokémon go when they die? In the ground/In the fire.

Well all the atheist pokemon go to pokehell. End of thread/. Lmao jk.​

Years
    hmmm...i personally, looking at everything in the anime and games, and Pokecommunity, i ithnk this is what happens.

The pokemon will die, for whatever reason, and then their spirits will leave the earth, too go to the Pokeheaven. They can then descend back to earth as spirits. There they can be seen by mortals.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    well judging by everyones response, my pokeheaven idea makes the most sense. maybe reincarnation or maybe they really dont die.

Back