• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you keep your computer?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm curious to know where your computer/laptop is. :3

Mine is usually in my room, and it goes wherever I go in terms of house location (except the bathroom lol you pervs). However, since last night though, I've been keeping it in the living room instead. My charger is all wonky and cheap, so it's not working up to par. :c Thus, it means breaking my routine and yeah. I was surprised I had a chance to sleep without it in my room without a while lot of overwhelming anxiety though.

So, where do you keep your computer? For laptop users: Do you bring your laptop wherever you go basically?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Next to me on my bed. I used to keep it in my drawer, because I was paranoid that in the middle of the night I'd toss and turn in my sleep and crack the screen of my laptop, but that hasn't really happened and I don't reallly move in my sleep, so I've gotten bolder.

And yes, I do take my laptop mostly everywhere with me that I can. One of the perks of having a convertible small ultrabook is that it's extremely portable, so I don't have to worry about any pains from carrying it around too much.

That's the same thing with mine. It's so light. I can carry it without it being heavy or worrying about dropping it to and from my bedroom each day. It's also light when I take it with me to my convention, or just traveling as well (I can't be without my laptop omg I'd die). My previous laptops have weighed such a ton that I almost thought I was carrying rocks! They were murder on my back and bad shoulder. :c

Years
    i have 3 computers in my bedroom one acts as a file server while second is a HTPC if i was ever in my room and third is a older game pc my Acer Laptop and mid 09 macbook is in my breezeway with me along with a Dell streaming computer

Years
    My primary home PC is a desktop, so that stays in the nook for it that's built into the base of my desk.

My cheap internet-only laptop sits on a shelf unless I'm using it, and I usually only use that at my desk. My work Surface Pro stays in my work laptop bag unless I need it. As that's smaller, I have more flexibility on where I use that.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Lately I've been keeping it on a small glass top desk that's next to my bed, and I've been using it without the battery for the most part. It never had a great battery life to begin with, but once it started dropping below two hours after spending 1 hour to charge, I got fed up and went the AC route only. Andddd promptly killed my laptop once or twice after accidentally yanking the power cord free. Lol.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Mine's usually either in the living room on the couch or in my bedroom. When I go to sleep I put it on the carpet next to my bed cause I'm too lazy then to walk the entire way to my desk.

I also usually take the battery out. My previous laptop's battery died entirely so I don't want that to happen again. My current one doesn't last as long as it did when it was new, but at least it can still go an hour or so without it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always carry the laptop around when I got work or at home. I don't bring it to crowded places because it just bad memories that day the laptop was stolen from me when I was eating =/

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    My flat is a studio flat, so everything that doesn't belong in a kitchen or bathroom is in the "studio" living space of my flat. Behind me is a display cabinet and to the left my sofa. On the right is my bed. So you can get an idea of how the square room looks XD

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    It's not really "my" computer. I just use the computer guests would use when staying at my house. Since we barely have any, I use it all the time.

For this reason it is not in my room. It's mostly in the "family" room if we can call it that, where we have a big TV and all that fancy stuff ^-^

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Laptop user here. When I'm at home, I usually use my laptop on my bed, and I usually place it on my sofa when I'm done for the day.

Years
    My desktop sits right under my desk, which is in the living room/main room of this place...I have a hard time calling it a proper living room, but anyway. Desktop sits there.

Laptop sits on the smaller couch here all day, because it's an older laptop that I don't touch at all anymore unless I absolutely need to check something on it or my tablet's not available. It probably could go into a better place, but I just kind of set it there and so it sits there. :P

And then my tablet just kind of tends to be wherever. Usually sitting on the back of the larger couch because I'll lie down there at night and use the tablet and then set it there whenever I'm done, though right now it's on the nearby table charging up.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I have a tiny table located right next to my bed that I put my laptop and phone each night when I go to bed.

Years
    My desktop and laptop stay on the computer desk in my room. If I'm going somewhere with internet, I take my laptop in a laptop bag

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
    My laptop is underneath the couch barely being used. :P I mostly browse from my phone.

At work though, it's in my office. I have a 24" wide screen monitor as a primary screen and a 55" LCD TV as a secondary.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Since I have a regular ol' desktop, it sits in the corner of my room at my desk. The tower itself sits on the shelf on the bottom right.

Unless I'm actually using it, my two tablets sit in their boxes on my white bookcase. I don't really like carrying those around with me, especially since I dropped my good tablet and cracked the screen in the corner.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    My desktop sits on the ground underneath my desk in my bedroom. I used to have it in my basement with my router and my modem but I hated walking up to my bedroom at 4 in the morning when I was too tired to keep doing whatever it was I was doing.

Back