• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you put your taskbar?

Years
  • For desktop users out there, are you one of the mainstream crowd who just leaves their taskbar at the default bottom position, or do you like placing them in a more funky area?

hMZ0DgU.png

One time on a whim I decided to try placing mine to the left side, and somehow I got used to it after a very short amount of time. It's now been there for over a year at this point, and I feel like I'll be doing this with all PCs I'll own from now on huehue. How 'bout y'all?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Mine's always at the bottom. I never really think about moving it, or anything, since it'd feel unnatural to me for it to be somewhere else. @_@

Years
  • Mine's always at the bottom. I never really think about moving it, or anything, since it'd feel unnatural to me for it to be somewhere else. @_@

True. I kept mine at the bottom for over a decade. I don't know what drove me to give the side taskbar style a try but hey, rn it works really well for me hehe.

Also, I feel like I might be able to transition to Linux a bit better now lol. Pls feel free to prove me wrong, anyone.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I actually would like the taskbar on the left... if I wasn't basically forced to use small icons, to have the little status icons positioned that way and the time and day occupying so much space! I've tried once and these problems really stood out to me, I couldn't get used to it! And this is why I keep the taskbar on the bottom (which is also still better than on top, in my opinion) 😊

Years
  • I actually would like the taskbar on the left... if I wasn't basically forced to use small icons, to have the little status icons positioned that way and the time and day occupying so much space! I've tried once and these problems really stood out to me, I couldn't get used to it! And this is why I keep the taskbar on the bottom (which is also still better than on top, in my opinion) 😊

That's the one main main con about it sadly. Much less real estate resulting in smaller icons and a weird time and date arrangement. I got used to it over the years however, and I'm not the type to put too many apps on the taskbar either, so it all works out hehe.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    All of mine go to the top of my screen regardless of OS. I have a dock at the bottom also regardless of OS.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • on the bottom like normal except on my surface pro 4. i put it on top on that bc my wrist kept hitting things on the taskbar when i would draw

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Mine is on the left side, because I stuck it there one day years ago and decided I liked it that way.

Now when I put it back on the bottom I don't remember where things are anymore. LOL

Years
    • Seen today
    On the bottom, unless I'm playing a game and it's getting in the way for some reason.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I have neither atm, dont need it. so much easier just hitting the windows key and having all my open apps displayed to me there. But when i get a desktop i will be using a different desktop environment (yes im using linux) i will have a doc/taskbar then and it will be on the bottom. Laptop wise imo its better with what i got going on now

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • (2019) 13" Macbook pro: my taskbar is at the top, my dock at the bottom.

Solus Budgie (Linux): my taskbar is at the bottom.

Boring stuff. o_O

Back