• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you work?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2008
    Yeah, so, where do you work? (This is mainly targeted to the older people here) I work at a GameStop. I'm pretty young so, i don't have a major job or anything.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I don't really work anywhere, but occasionally I volunteer at a local animal shelter.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Yeah, so, where do you work? (This is mainly targeted to the older people here) I work at a GameStop. I'm pretty young so, i don't have a major job or anything.

Gamestop's a fun place, especially when you're young... considering the benefits.. lol...

I have a semester long seasonal job every school semester.... I'm basically in politics... rofl.... believe that?

Years
    Belongs in OVP? Well, currently I am unemployed (see age), hopefully I can get a job somewhere next summer working for spare change (a little more than that, but you can see my point.)

Jordan.

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    THey let 14 year olds work at GameStop? roffles

I did work at Red Lobster until last week, when I quit. (No, I gave my 2 weeks notice, mind you. :/)

The restaurant business sucks, never go into it. Too much unnecessary stress.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I want to work at Pixar or Disney~
    I'm currenly taking animation at Sheridan.. soo.. with luck, when the studios come to visit, maybe they'll see something in my work that's hireable~~

:/ For now I'm unemployed, cause I'm doing school.. but I wanna do some art commissions or do some sort of coop animation stuff.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I guess if I had to say my actual job, I would have to say that I work at a lcal grocery store, however as stated in My profile here I am a Certified Adobe Hotoshop CS3 expert and am currently trying to get into some place that would alow me to share some of the basics of Photo restoration, organizing (the digital aspect), as well as how to create awesome graphics for business presentations. I also do a little freelance collage-making and album making (like for cermonies, though I need to work on my Photography a little more)

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I'm a little young, but nontheless, this quainte little cafe in the middle of town hired me to be a busboy. I make leik, zero dollars and 1 cents

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    EVERYWHERE. Actually, no.

I volunteer as a crew member at my local theatre and I've gotten some paying jobs there with touring groups needing extra hands when they stop by, but it's mostly unpaid work. (Thus the volunteering.)

I freelance write and edit, as well as work for my local paper. On the writing thing, I'm co-ML for my area during NaNo, but again, no monies in that.

Finally, the most normal of my jobs is a fill-in office assistant at a construction office. I usually only go into work when things are busy/understaffed/etc., but winter is a busy season for the business. I answer calls, take and schedule sales leads, file things, clean the offices, take inventory, find/give directions to sales reps, make purchase orders, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also unofficial tech help, since my mom is the one in charge the IT. Fun times. =p

I want a steady job, but I have no time for it. ^^;

Years
    I work at a GameStop and also have a waitressing job. I got a raise on my first day of waitressing too. Weird. Apparenty, my superior (Almost everyone working there was) liked how I did my job. My 14-year-old brother works minimum wage at GameStop as well.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    McDonald's, Shift Manager. I'm in Charge of Sunday Night, Monday Lunch, and Tuesday Night.

Yeah, I know, you're all thinking I'm boring, eh?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    I've been unemployed for a few weeks now
    I worked at an ice cream parlor/burger place
    they close for the winter every year though

Years
    I've been unemployed for 2 years now (well... 2 years since I left high school). I've never had a job. I've searched very vigourously, I've applied to almost everywhere (I say almost because there might be some places I've not discovered yet), multiple times (so most employers in the city will have seen my application more than 5 times at least). I've never had so much as an interview. I ONCE had a letter to say I wasn't going to be accepted for a job. ONCE.

So, where am I working? Nowhere. And I find it all very VERY strange that no employers want me to work for them. I even have far more qualifications than some of the idiots they take on. But how am I to get experience?

Even volunteer places are like "Uh, no we don't need anyone just now thanks bye". What is there a shortage of volunteer work placements? O_o Not to mention I'd have to travel miles anyway... *cries*

I want a job.

I WANT A JOB!

And so many other people get them so easy in comparison.... Why? What's the secret? Share?

Back