• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you work?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Currently I'm just working a temporary job helping set up the exhibits and take all the contest entries for my local fair. It's nothing glamorous, and it only pays minimum wage, but it's honestly pretty easy work. I basically set my own hours--the biggest downside is that I don't get paid until the weekend after the fair(which is the 5th), but the advantage to that is that while I only get one check, it'll be a pretty hefty one. But then of course, the fair will be over and I won't be able to work it anymore. Which means I gotta find another a job... :(

Ultimately, however, I plan to enlist in the US Navy if I am still eligible after my surgery. They kind of just fell out of contact with me, so it's a little disheartening, but I'm not gonna give up just yet. I'll just have to work these menial jobs in the meantime I suppose.

Years
  • I work at a cafe, for a catering company, as a Team Leader. It's an okay job, but I regularly have to work overtime due to a combination of being understaffed and having unreliable colleagues.

I know your pain. I worked at a Subway as a Shift manager, and I was in charge of any catering we did. We were also drastically understaffed, and I'd often work by myself. I think the worst was when I had to make a 15 foot sub and 10 party platters while still dealing with the regular customers.

Years
  • I'm a stay-at-home mother, at least for a couple more years. I'm considering getting a couple trade certifications through online courses after I get a laptop, then returning to school for a degree after my daughter begins preschool, or kindergarten.

A stay at home mom is probably one of the hardest jobs there is. What do you want to get a degree in?

I'm the GM at Unemployed ****stick, Ltd. Like a boss.

Seriously though, the kind of dream job I want is a little complex. I'd like to be an executive of what I work, but still have a sort of connectivity that a lot of businessmen lack (maybe middlemanagement?). I'd also like to have a bit of room to exercise creativity in my work alongside the managerial aspects, and also doing something I don't hate and aren't ignorant about. A Neapolitan Chief Creative Managerial Executive Officer is what I want to be! :D

You should get a doctorate in something so you can be Doctor Neapolitan Chief Creative Managerial Executive Officer Alex and have the best title ever. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I know your pain. I worked at a Subway as a Shift manager, and I was in charge of any catering we did. We were also drastically understaffed, and I'd often work by myself. I think the worst was when I had to make a 15 foot sub and 10 party platters while still dealing with the regular customers.

You are a better man than I, I could never work in fast food.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • A stay at home mom is probably one of the hardest jobs there is. What do you want to get a degree in?
    I have been considering Graphic Arts. The job market is set to increase over the next ten years, I enjoy it, I know a few people in staffing agencies that could help me out, and I actually enjoy working on projects and making people happy.

Being a stay-at-home mom isn't so hard with just one, mellow child. She helps me out with things. <3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I start a new job at a food place called Noodles & Company later this week. Before that I worked at a warehouse, and before that I worked at CVS. The next place I want to work is a place called Miles Technologies. I've had my sight set on working there for probably three years now.

Years
  • You are a better man than I, I could never work in fast food.

I never will again if I can help it. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I have been considering Graphic Arts. The job market is set to increase over the next ten years, I enjoy it, I know a few people in staffing agencies that could help me out, and I actually enjoy working on projects and making people happy.

Being a stay-at-home mom isn't so hard with just one, mellow child. She helps me out with things. <3

I have friends who are in college for graphic design, it seems like a fun job for those with the skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I have friends who are in college for graphic design, it seems like a fun job for those with the skill.
    I've got two years of experience through vocational school and did actual projects for the other departments, such as Engineering and for seminars. I have already experienced the pressure, the client interactions, having to scrap and redo everything, and meeting a deadline. I quite enjoy it. It doesn't stress me at all and I have worked in retail and fast food in the past. I manage well in customer service. I just don't let people bother me too much, because they aren't criticizing me. Just my work.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    I currently 'work' for a private systems and structural engineering firm. It isn't particularly a job but I am planning on working full time as soon as I graduate. It was a family business for years, and still mostly is.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Go into web design instead!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I just got hired at a local discount clothing store nearby the mall. It's a great environment and I can't wait to start in two weeks. ^_^

Previously I was a lead cashier at a craft store.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I work as a server at a country club, but I am going to quit soon. The food and beverage part got bought out by a restaurant owner that I worked for previously and I'm really unhappy with the changes. Like absolutely miserable.

I am also a game advisor at GameStop, which I love and I'm looking forward to making that my one and only job, hopefully for a long time!

Years
  • I'm a Construction Worker in company that does railtrack modernization. Physical work mostly, not really well paid since last year...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Trainee at a local Restaurant. Love being in the kitchen(as if I hadn't said that in the last 3 million threads!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I work at an Engineering Facility in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan. I'm in charge with the task of testing out materials making sure that they are perfect for construction. I also tweak Blueprints to make sure the used materials are capable with the Project. I also work for the Okinawa School district. I fix their computers, Smart Boards, etc. Just the job's I was aiming for.

Back