• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where does the meat come from?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    The Canalave Library has a folktale about this. It says something about the people picking the pokemon's bones dry by eating it and then they throw the bone back in the river so it regenerates or some crap like that. I just know for sure that they eat Pokemon in the pokeverse.

Wouldn't a Happiny sound good for breakfast? rofl.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Obviously, just check out some Dex entries.

Pidgeot eats Caterrpies but not Weedles because of the poison on its tail.

Umbreon hides in the shadows and waits for its prey to come closer then attacks.

What do you think Umbreon does with the prey he KO's? Reads it a bedtime story?

Thanks for the sarcastic answer. ( I don't read the dex entries )

But what I really meant was Pokemon like Garchomp, does he just swoop down and eat a Miltank?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Thanks for the sarcastic answer. ( I don't read the dex entries )

But what I really meant was Pokemon like Garchomp, does he just swoop down and eat a Miltank?

Most likely, lol. He flies at the speed of sound, what would stop him from chowing down on any pokemon smaller than him?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I wonder what pikachu would taste like >_>
    Most people don't eat rats. =]
    Pikachu is a mouse; though people don't eat those either.

Isn't Farfetch'd going extinct because so many people are hunting it for meat or something like that? So, people must eat Farfetch'd, right? It probably tastes like duck. :P
    True, Farfetch'd are decreasing in numbers, along the coast of Kanto at least (it's catchable there in Yellow). I'd imagine the destruction of its habitat by the building of those pier routes to be the actual cause for its endangerment however.

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Onvoloper said:
    Well that's pretty much what I was thinking...but now that you bring it to my mind, can Umbreon even read? O.o
    What Pokemon is most like a chicken? O.o I'm pretty much at a blank atm but yeah... Chicken is awesome

Dialga's cry in Diamond sounds like a rooster (kind of).
    I guess you can call it the PokeWorld's largest rooster who can
    tell you when it is [highlight]time[/highlight] for you to get up in the morning.

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I think I remember seeing a fish tank containing real fish, not Pokemon. It was in the Cerulean City episode, back in the day, with Misty and her sisters. That could hint that there are actual animals in the Pokemon World. Maybe that's where it comes from. Then again, it could be tofu. >_<

This is correct. I watched it yesterday as I have started watching the anime again from episode one. :)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Dialga's cry in Diamond sounds like a rooster (kind of).
    I guess you can call it the PokeWorld's largest rooster who can
    tell you when it is [highlight]time[/highlight] for you to get up in the morning.

loll
    That would be one dam expensive meal :/
    Also rooster isn't as nice as chicken. We had 2 pet chooks, well we thought we did but then they turned out to be roosters. So we killed em and ate em for dinner :) lol...anyway it wasn't very nice, a bit rough. So I'd be paying a lot for what wouldn't taste very nice :/. And if Dialga's that close to me, I don't think I'll be sleeping :O

Btw, this is making me wanna catch a grumpig and a chansey :D Bacon and eggs ftw ._.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Don't you guys know already? Meat comes from plants. The Beef plant gives you beef, the Pork plant gves you pork, the Camel plant gives you the camel meat etc.
    Underwaters we have the Bass plant which gives you bass, the Eel plant whihc gives you eel etc.
    And eggs are enlarged seeds from the Egg plant.

I am detecting some sarcasm, though I am not sure if my detection is false or not.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Well, even in the anime there has been reference to eating Pokemon. When Ash caught his Krabby and then saw Gary's enormous Krabby at Oak's lab, he thought Prof Oak was gonna eat his Krabby for lunch.

TTH

Got leaf stone?
    Years
    If I ate grass types would I be considered a vegetarian? XD. I think Bellsprout would be quite tasty! Mix it in with some rice and put on a little bit of soy sauce. Sounds so good :D. And could you just imagine cooking up a Sunkern? Would it pop into a gigantic piece of popcorn? XD. Pull out the salt and butter please!

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
    Well that's pretty much what I was thinking...but now that you bring it to my mind, can Umbreon even read? O.o
    What Pokemon is most like a chicken? O.o I'm pretty much at a blank atm but yeah... Chicken is awesome

Combusken, obviously. Maybe it jumps into an oven and uses Overheat.

I think I remember seeing a fish tank containing real fish, not Pokemon. It was in the Cerulean City episode, back in the day, with Misty and her sisters. That could hint that there are actual animals in the Pokemon World. Maybe that's where it comes from. Then again, it could be tofu. >_<

And in the episode where Ash catches a Pidgeotto, Pidgeotto's eating a REAL WORM!!!! Not a Pokeworm, a real worm.

Back