• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
Years
  • If they were to make a remake, they would probably make it around "The Legend of Thunder" and D/P.
    Juni'chi would probably be the rival, and Crystal/Gold would probably do what Diamond/Hikari do in D/P.

Remember, in FRLG, a scientist did mention a certain red hair child of Giovanni's.
    Maybe he'll will make some appearence in some game.

Whether it be a remake, or in the next thousands of Pokemon games.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I doubt they will make one, they may have considered themselves to have already done it (Crystal), although that doesn't explain yellow

Kaylene

Hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Ah, you never know. There's coding in DP that can allow the summary screen to say 'Came from Johto' so maybe. It might be in the plans somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In the words of Ben Croshaw, remakes are "money spinning for the terminally unimaginative".

But moving along to the question the thread actually asks, I have noticed how Joto seems shoved under the rug... It's an amazing region, yet nothing much seems to come out from it, ironically.

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I loved Johto. After R/B/Y a new story felt good and this time round you actually knew about the legendarys (because i didnt notice any in Red, until i watched the anime) Johto is my favorite region. Get used to it :p
    Thanks for reading

9popo

Typhlosion Lover
    Years
  • well it took about 10 years to make a r/b/y remake, (1995,2004) so you never know there could be a possibilty, but if they make an announcement, or dont make a remake in a long time (20 years, idk) then all hope may be lost :{

Years
  • i would loveeeeeeeeee a johto remake..preferably for ds but gba s fine 2. johto was my favorite!!! chikorita, cyndaquil, totadile...imo the best starters ever...
    but now its like johto never existed
    ne1 remember the orange islands?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I would kill for a johto remake. I hated what they did with FRLG, so I do hope they can do some changes, if its on the DS the clock will help. And.. well Crystal was my favourite so yeah. it would be class X)

What did they do wrong with FRLG?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Silver was 1 of my all time favourite games and I heard that Nintendo has already copyrighted the names Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold. Also on Bulbapedia (very reliable) it says that you can hack diamond & pearl poke's caught area thing to say either Jhoto or Arrived from Jhoto. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Gold_and_Silver_remakes

EDIT: Heres the pics of 'Jhoto' Pokes (unedited)
    Where for art thou Jhoto?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • They need to remake gsc....

And whos to say that you will have the ability to go to Kanto as well? Also its really annoying how people would keep complaining about a Johto remake, if it happens then it happens, and if it doesn't then oh well suck it up.

:t354:TG

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    i agree, while FR/LG were remakes, they added little details and made a decent comeback after R/S/E
    hopefully a Gold/Silver (or even better, Crystal) remake would have those little improvements. But mostly, i want a kick ass rival again

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    References in DP, in-game Johto data, return of the day/night feature, strange white rock supposedly in Kanto or Johto...

It's going to happen. Remember, Pokemon is a franchise. They'll make anything that will get them money; if people want a GSC remake, it'll happen. The in-game evidence is so overwhelming that the only other explanation is a cruel developers' trick. And nobody is that evil.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    Well, if you look through the options in Pokesav you can set your Pokemon's home as Johto, so hopefully we'll have a GSC remake soon

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    pokesav? whats a pokesav.
    anyway, GSC remake. i hope if they make one, that you can go back to kanto. the sense of nastalgia when that happened in the originals. plus they would have to add kanto anyway, because of the white rock on route 224, that prof. oak says is in kanto.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • Yeah, a G/S remake would be supreme. I'd just love it to bits, we should get a sticked thread about this in the Diamond/Pearl forums, there is a need for it, this needs to be discussed widely.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    It wouldn't really make sense to be in the diamond and pearl section, but having a remake would be nice. For now I guess I'll have to settle with playing my crystal version more.

Back