• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

Pika_Pwnd

God's busy, how may I help?
    Years
    I don't remember where. but I talked to some random guy and I had Sentret first in my party and he says "I just moved here", or something and says, "Oh a Sentret? That's common where I come from." I tried other johto and he said the same thing. but instead of sentret, whatever pokemon it was. I didn't see what would happen with a Sinnoh.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Yeah...the Jhoto Region was just great...I hope they remake it...

But the problem is that they might ruin the region when they remake it! Although, they did do good in remaking RB!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I don't remember where. but I talked to some random guy and I had Sentret first in my party and he says "I just moved here", or something and says, "Oh a Sentret? That's common where I come from." I tried other johto and he said the same thing. but instead of sentret, whatever pokemon it was. I didn't see what would happen with a Sinnoh.

I can't tell if you are talking about Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or your talking about another generation game. :tired:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The color of the park balls are a small reference. Gold, silver, and a light blue. The honey is like a translation of headbutting trees, and there's lots of other stuff too. Infact, if anyone wants to look, bulbapedia has a whole page on references to a G/S remake.

Pika_Pwnd

God's busy, how may I help?
    Years
    If they did remake them do you think they would have new pokemon? Like a new legendary or maybe just being able to catch sinnoh or hoenn(how do you spell that?) pokemon?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm to newcomers johto is huh? to em. But for us who where there from day 1 no matter if 5 or 16 can still remember that wonderful trio of games. Anyweh im pretty sure we are goin to see a duo of remakes soon. I mean we still have a 2 year gap till gen 5/100 more idiotic ideas everyone will love/a region that makes sence to the legends. Oh did i mention that sinnoh in its entirety is a refrence. Why? Cause im sure we all know a second region connected to sinnoh is coming.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Where for art thou Johto?

Long gone, hopefully.
    At least anime-wise.

I'd still love to see remakes of the G/S/C series, though. ^^
    But I remember when the original were brand new.. they still sorta feel new to me, as well. For some strange reason. Who knows. But remakes would be awesome.

Years
    I will say this for now.

Any Johto revamp is bound by the beach to have a new PokeDex arrangement.
    Honestly, what is the point to the ocean without Wingull? And the lake in the bottom of that cave on the way to Azalea? that should be where Feebas is found. And the complexities of dungeons would be nice to see again.

Remember Mount Mortar?
    Remember the Whirl Islands?

Yeah, no map books are awesome...
    And Flash was HM...

Kenaime

The Untold Legnd/Beast/Prodigy
    Years
    Well, I can see why. Johto didn't have many important ties (though neither did Hoenn, but Hoenn introduced EV's and more competative battlings and such) I love Johto, so it kind of makes me sad seeing it not being introduced more highly in D/P.

Not True Johto introduced baby Pokemon if im not mistaken
    And the whole Mystery Gift thing. Not to mention the times and Day and Night
    Even so i would like for them 2 bring back Johto on the DS.
    I love Crystal but i hate not having an updated one so i can have all my faves.

Last edited:

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Come on now Nintendo, just throw us a bone. We all want G/S remakes, and we know you want the cash. Oke? We gief cash, you gief GSDS? Fair trade?
    I've been craving this remake pretty much since FR/LG came out. Johto is the finest region IMO, it deserves to be playable in this generation or the next.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well, I can see why. Johto didn't have many important ties (though neither did Hoenn, but Hoenn introduced EV's and more competative battlings and such) I love Johto, so it kind of makes me sad seeing it not being introduced more highly in D/P.
    Hold on, I thought Johto introduced EVs, but no-one really knew about them or am I wrong, I can't remember...

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Using an action replay. Can you make Pokemon that say they are from Johto? If so maybe this shows there might be a Johto game.

Back