• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

Years
    For one thing that would take a but load of memeory on the DS card and it wouldn't have enough.

There is the possibility of using a GBA slot add-on for the extra maps, and I'm no expert on the matter of how large the map files are, or how big anything else is, but i'm pretty sure it could work. S'never gonna happen but it would be nice as everyone else who plays Pokémon thinks.

Years
    I'm sure we all await with baited breath for a G/S/C remake (I know I do) The E4 were the hardest I'd faced on Silver, they all just seem to be so weak nowadays...
    Anyways, with all the references and hints around, it does seem quite likely for there to be a remake, I'm not sure it could ever match the originals. The Sevii Isles were frustrating in the FR/LG remakes let's just hope nothing like that is added with Johto.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2008
    It may be possible that they can make a game with every region. The whole thing can't come out at the same time.

If anybody still remembers Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2, you can transfer your data from the first GS to the 2nd GS. And you will start off at the beginning of GS2 at the level you left off and with your items and everything.

Somehow, they can do data transferring....

Years
    Now that PHANPY gets ICE SHARD as Egg move, I wonder sometimes if this GSC remake will bring WATER GUN back into PHANPY's Egg move roster.

**PHANPY got Water Gun as egg move in Crystal. I liked it.**

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Hmm all the regions would be cool. However I am thinking it would be to large and there would be problems for saving all that data on a DS card.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    remember how gold and silver are metals, and then the third version came out and it was something so unexpected? crystal. its not a metal, its a gem.

now look at whats going on in the 4th generation:
    diamond and pearl.... are gems
    the third game is named platinum, which is a metal o_o

coincidence? i think not.

btw: it seems like some of you here don't know that the regions are based on realworld parts of japan.
    sinnoh=hokkaido https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido
    heonn=kyushu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyushu
    kanto=kanto https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mapofkanto.png
    johto=southern chubu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūbu_region
    mt.silver=mt.fuji etc

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No it isnt really. They just messed up a bit. Acually when i heard platinum i ran straight to pokemon general and made a thread ranting about how nintendo could aprove such a thing. I mean it could have happened if they made a third second gen bird....anyweh yeah its just a little thing we have to deal with and thats it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Johto wasnt that fun anyway in my opinion but I wouldnt mind giving it another shot.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    They'd have to replace the Kanto part of johto.. Probably, they'd reverse it. In the new region where you start, it'll somehow be connected to johto, or you go via ship there. That'd be leet in platinum if you started in sinnoh and could sail to johto. WOWOMG. AMAZING.

There's already fire red and leaf green. Why the hell would they DS Graphicify the kanto again. Like honestly. Just keep johto and replace kanto with something else.

Also, Orre as many parts to it. The 9 islands and the one in XD/Colosseum. Out of all the regions, Orre seems to be the largest one as in colosseum, it seemed big enough, but in XD, it just expanded..

Years
    That'd be leet in platinum if you started in sinnoh and could sail to johto. WOWOMG. AMAZING.

There is no way that they will add other regions into Platinum that weren't in Diamon or Pearl.

Why the hell would they DS Graphicify the kanto again. Like honestly. Just keep johto and replace kanto with something else.

Because then that wouldn't be a G/S/C remake and unless you haven't actually played those games you'll know that Kanto changes substantially. You could have said the same thing about Kanto being in the original G/S/C, but then being able to go back to Kanto is half of what makes the game.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    They'd have to replace the Kanto part of johto.. Probably, they'd reverse it. In the new region where you start, it'll somehow be connected to johto, or you go via ship there. That'd be leet in platinum if you started in sinnoh and could sail to johto. WOWOMG. AMAZING.

There's already fire red and leaf green. Why the hell would they DS Graphicify the kanto again. Like honestly. Just keep johto and replace kanto with something else.

There is a graphically enchanced version of the old Kanto (FRLG), yes, but there's no version of it after 3 years of events, like it was in GSC, where the viridian forest was cut down, the power plant is up and running, koga went to E4 and his daughter takes over the gym, cinabar was almost destroyed by the volcano eruption, a radio tower is in lavender...

They could make even more changes to Kanto, as it seems like they added it in a hurry or something...
    btw: there isn't any white "shaymin" rock in kanto, while the 3year-later-oak on route 224 in DP says there is one

Last edited:

Penumbra

Years
    There is a graphically enchanced version of the old Kanto (FRLG), yes, but there's no version of it after 3 years of events, like it was in GSC, where the viridian forest was cut down, the power plant is up and running, koga went to E4 and his daughter takes over the gym, cinabar was almost destroyed by the volcano eruption, a radio tower is in lavender...

They could make even more changes to Kanto, as it seems like they added it in a hurry or something...
    btw: there isn't any white "shaymin" rock in kanto, while the 3year-later-oak on route 224 in DP says there is one

True. But then, it's the same city. Unless they change the wild pokemon, really change the map around.. But then again, it wasn't SO long ago that they just made the remake of kanto.. And to make it into D/P Graphics all over again? Tiring..

There is no way that they will add other regions into Platinum that weren't in Diamon or Pearl.

read the first word. That would. as in that would be cool IF.

Because then that wouldn't be a G/S/C remake and unless you haven't actually played those games you'll know that Kanto changes substantially. You could have said the same thing about Kanto being in the original G/S/C, but then being able to go back to Kanto is half of what makes the game.

I Have played those games, actually. But it's the same region and the only changes are minor tweaks in mpaaing for buildings and person events (trainers and team rocket stuff). The actual routes and cities are almost exactly the same looking except for minor tweaks. So read the above. It'd be pretty dumb to make a D/P Version of leaf green and fire red which is basically what they're going to do, but johto being the replacement of the islands..

Years
    even if they don't remake s/g/c they most likely are going to put johto in one of the games as another region. i mean all of the evidence there is no doubt that there will be a game with johto in it.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    For one thing that would take a but load of memeory on the DS card and it wouldn't have enough. They could only do that on something like the Wii. And I know this is off topic but where the poffin does [S-HIGHLIGHT]Orre fall in to the pokemon univerese?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Is it by Hoenn or maybe below Johto? I'm just wondering. Maybe IT'S the land connected to Sinnoh? 0_o DUN DUN DUUUUUUUH!!!

Orre is in the middle between Johto and Hoenn.
    Look here: Pokemon Regions Map

The "Pokemon Universe" is based off of real regions/islands of Japan.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Orre is in the middle between Johto and Hoenn.
    Look here: Pokemon Regions Map

The "Pokemon Universe" is based off of real regions/islands of Japan.

The main games (handheld RPGs) are, no doubt. But the console RPGs are not.
    Thet region in Japan doesn't look like Orre (there's no coast that long there, nor does it lie in the south), is too small in the 1st place, and I remember there being a big desert wasteland anywhere in Japan.
    Now if you look at this, you'll read that it's based on Arizona.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really wish they would simply add more than one region, just like in Gold/Silver. Would make for a more interesting game if you ask me.

Penumbra

Years
    The main games (handheld RPGs) are, no doubt. But the console RPGs are not.
    Thet region in Japan doesn't look like Orre (there's no coast that long there, nor does it lie in the south), is too small in the 1st place, and I remember there being a big desert wasteland anywhere in Japan.
    Now if you look at this, you'll read that it's based on Arizona.

True.
    Also, look at this
    Where for art thou Jhoto?

Orre doesn't seem to be in that picture..

Back