• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where is Hoenn?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I always imagined it was a big island North of the J/K region...

*shrugs*

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    *dresses up as a travel agent* well ya take a left at Seafoam, make a beeline for the Indigo Platue, go South till ya hit New Bark Town, Go West till ya see a Lugia, then go North, then take a West until ya hit Cianwood, then ya make a U turn and head back home! ^_^;

Ok well i think its just a little Northwest of Johto!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    since Pokemon World is always based in Japan...

Kanto is the Tokyo Bay area (with Mt. Moon most likely being Mt. Fuji)

Jhoto is also west of the Tokyo Bay area (just like what the game say)

Now for Houen i found it on the map already. But i forgot the name of the island... you know how Japan is divided into 4 main area? The southwest "area" flipped sideway is Houen.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Hey! cool its based on Japan geography! that's pretty cool! *dresses up as a telemarketer* hello, would you like to go to Hoenn for the low price of 10.95 a month for 100 months?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Can you say South of Johto? I can lol * passes out Travel Guides * Thank you for Visiting Hoenn! come again ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Here is a map...

You'll see that the light pink part is Houen (flip the map sideway to see it.) The pink island far away from the mainland is Dewford. A tiny tip of the yellow area is "borrowed" to be used as the palace of the elite 4/5.

Last edited:
    Years
    ^^ Its based on Japan, wich is pretty neat. I believe its an island, and somehow you can get to Jhoto and Kanto. And Did ya notice that in...I beleive it was 'Gotta catch ya later.' episode when Ash gets the ticket for the boat, she says Seafrom! I just happened to pick it up! Tidbit!

Ruriri

Banned
    Years
    Back in 1999 I made my own map of Pokemon.
    It has these regions:

Tojo Region
    Johto Region
    Kanto Region

I got tojo by taking the Jo and to in johto and putting them backwards.

Tojo is a HUGE Region north of Johto & Kanto..

I will post my map soon.

I also made 3553 Pokemon.
    I drew them all by hand.
    I have 89 types too:)!

I will post them soon!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Here is a map...

You'll see that the light pink part is Houen (flip the map sideway to see it.) The pink island far away from the mainland is Dewford. A tiny tip of the yellow area is "borrowed" to be used as the palace of the elite 4/5.
    it took quite a bit of image manipulation, but I saw it!

I wonder if Johto/Kanto are like that too...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    A better picture of Houen first of all (it's a lot better this time)

Kanto is the easiest to find. Since it's based on "Kanto Mountain" itself. Indigo Plateau is dead on Kanto Mountain. While Jhoto Falls is Mt. Fuji location-wise. Even both seafoam and cinnabar are visible (but they're a lot more south than what the game says). So where's Mt. Moon? looking at the map Pewter should have been located within the Mountain range so i suppose Mt. Moon is just some little foothill?

Jhoto is harder to see as it got the most editing... it is rather twisted to fit onto the gameboy map. but you'll still basically see. Cianwood is that half cut-off island to the west. Lake of Rage is the giant lake within it (in the game it moved a lot more north). That fat penin-sula is where Azalea, Violet and Goldenrod are. To the very eastern edge is the foothills of Kanto Mountain.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, that's cool!
    When everything is based on Japan, maybe in Japan lives some real Pok?mon :laugh:
    *Takes some pok?balls and travels to Japan* ;)

But thanks for the fast answer =)

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Ruriri said:
    Back in 1999 I made my own map of Pokemon.
    It has these regions:

Tojo Region
    Johto Region
    Kanto Region

I got tojo by taking the Jo and to in johto and putting them backwards.

Tojo is a HUGE Region north of Johto & Kanto..

I will post my map soon.

I also made 3553 Pokemon.
    I drew them all by hand.
    I have 89 types too:)!

I will post them soon!

Could you post the 3,553 Pokemon and their 89 types in a new topic so we can get the full impact?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Lightning said:
    The island is called "Shikoko", btw. ^_^
    Its Shikoku, not Shikoko.
    But unfortunately, Houenn is not Shikoku.
    Houen is Kyushuu, but rotated 45degrees clock-wise.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    ahem... k i do not know the names of Japan at all. I go according to pictures... but i checked and looked up a map of "Kyushuu" and it is the exact same place where i pointed out where Houen is...

looked up Shikoku at the meantime, and it turns out that Shikoku is the island thingie to the east of "Houen" (Kyushuu).

Back