• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheeseQuack

Dark, Steel, Flying.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    This is a theory I support, due to the bridges and layout. Shanghai it is for me.

[YouTube:8dLNZWejhqE]

(That's not me speaking - ahh!, I clicked the wrong one by mistake!)

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    This is a theory I support, due to the bridges and layout. Shanghai it is for me.

[YouTube:8dLNZWejhqE]

(That's not me speaking - ahh!, I clicked the wrong one by mistake!)

:) yea i remember that one, its an old video. But we got even more landmarks now to connect to shanghai, and i predict some more when the games come out.
    NYC itself cant be a region by its size, and the fact that its got no landmarks to connect it to isshu. At least not yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    @ Coolnick not disputing your size of the region theory but maybe Isshu was meant to be a smaller region than all the others...not every nation in the world is the same size :P

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    @ Coolnick not disputing your size of the region theory but maybe Isshu was meant to be a smaller region than all the others...not every nation in the world is the same size :P

Maybe it was, but not the size of one city. Kanto and johto wee meant to be smaller regions. Isshu ofcourse has many towns, so I doubt theyd make it after one city.

how does liberty tower not connect to NYC?

True, true. But still did you see the position of the lighthouse in isshu? If that is where liberty tower is, it woulndt make a connection to NYC being isshu, but it could still reference NY and its statue. But still it would be shanghai.
    But idk. yet, we still need to see where liberty tower is, and if that "news" from pokemon pia meant that isshu is NYC(provided it isnt fake) then its official that it isnt shangha, but i highly doubt that outcome.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Maybe it was, but not the size of one city. Kanto and johto wee meant to be smaller regions. Isshu ofcourse has many towns, so I doubt theyd make it after one city.

True, true. But still did you see the position of the lighthouse in isshu? If that is where liberty tower is, it woulndt make a connection to NYC being isshu, but it could still reference NY and its statue. But still it would be shanghai.
    But idk. yet, we still need to see where liberty tower is, and if that "news" from pokemon pia meant that isshu is NYC(provided it isnt fake) then its official that it isnt shangha, but i highly doubt that outcome.

Well that page looks like a cover, but it isn't, so I think it's a fake :P

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Why is this thread still up? What is there to discuss if it has already been confirmed as New York?
    wht,:S where? its not confirmed and it wont be confirmed ever.

@Surmonter the owner who posted this news said it was a cover, so thats why it is possible to assume it is fake, and btw we will see in 4 days so it doesnt matter much.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Even if it was confirmed; the thread would remain alive, to discuss how you think it's based on NY, etc (though when and if it gets confirmed, it won't stay alive for too long).

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well, if it is New York, the reason it may be based on only one city could now be that they are just gonna base more regions off a city from now on. If it's that you probably won't be able to travel to other regions much and they won't won't put them close together... but I see them doing other major cities in America and Europe (possibly Oceania area, though most likely as "sevii islands"). Paris would be epic! But I see no problem with it being based off of a smaller area. I mean, it's the area and land they're basing it off of, not using a city as-is for a country.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    WPM himself says it is NYC and he said that magazine thing is real.

o.o whos WPM? Lolz should have i already known who that is?

I just noticed on pokebeach that cover was beta so its probably real info, we will just have to w8 to see what it is about?
    But I doubt it is talking about isshu.
    Still tomorow we shall seeeeeeee :P

Last edited:
    Years
    Isn't it possible that Isshu is based on nothing...? Just made up. I mean, it so inspirationless (is that a word?!). And if they would really base it on one of above mentioned cities/areas they would have made it more alike and easier to guess. I mean, the other regions were so recognizable. Almost all cities and important places were based on real stuff. And here? What, High Link being Central Park. Yeah right, and that desert is the parking place or what? I think GameFreak just broke another tradition here. Too bad really.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    o.o whos WPM? Lolz should have i already known who that is?

I just noticed on pokebeach that cover was beta so its probably real info, we will just have to w8 to see what it is about?
    But I doubt it is talking about isshu.
    Still tomorow we shall seeeeeeee :P

If it's beta and wasn't published then there's obviously something wrong with it.

AKA they ran with a rumour/idea (like many people here) and Nintendo or whatever protested against it.

And no, I'm not pro-shanghai.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Isn't it possible that Isshu is based on nothing...? Just made up. I mean, it so inspirationless (is that a word?!). And if they would really base it on one of above mentioned cities/areas they would have made it more alike and easier to guess. I mean, the other regions were so recognizable. Almost all cities and important places were based on real stuff. And here? What, High Link being Central Park. Yeah right, and that desert is the parking place or what? I think GameFreak just broke another tradition here. Too bad really.

Well i think it pretty much connects to shanghai like it did before with other regions. The city we know of the one below the lake is the same as shanghai area city(idk whats its called :P) and it is most probably its real-lie counterpart. As for shape, isshu is the same as shaghai are except for the central peninsula in shanghai which is a little bulky, but they changed parts of regions before too.
    Id say its pretty much obvious that its shanghai....but we will see what pokemon pia has to say tomorow.
    (at first i was thinking they based it nothing too, I voted for "somewhere else" :P but I changed my mind later)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back