• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i think i got it them on as attachments, it's been a while since i did this.

isshu has two small islands to the bottom left of the screen and several others to the bottom right.

in the new york picture there are two islands to the left and liberty island to the right.

it's not an exact match but hey, neither are the rest of the regions.

now does shanghai have islands in the same location?

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    I have a solution for everyone....who honestly cares. I mean the gameplay won't be any different depending upon if it is based on NYC or Shanghai or where ever. I personally gain no satisfaction in knowing this fact. Plus its going to be revealed eventually :)

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    If it's in New York, is the criminal gang just going to be the mafia? That might be alright, fighting the mafia with pokemon. As long as they don't get guns.

Years
    If it's in New York, is the criminal gang just going to be the mafia? That might be alright, fighting the mafia with pokemon. As long as they don't get guns.

They should get guns to add to the effect, but never shoot them or bring them out. I mean, have them on the sprite when you battle them.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Doesn't Team Rocket have guns? I'm pretty sure they do, but I'm not sure if it's actually shown on the sprite.

Its the zubats. They're always packing heat. Why did you think Team Rocket kept them around? Only problem was the whole no eyes thing. Rockets ain't the brightest folk.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    this is getting a little off topic........
    any hoooo.

i looked at google earth and i couldn't see any islands bye shanghai like in new york that were that similar to isshus.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    It's probably not, this is a controversy that will probably last forever, until 6th gen that is. :3

Yea....lol. I can imagine gamefreak sitting in their corperate offices laughing while reading this thread thinking stupid americans.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    First, I'd like to say that to me, it's clearly based of the New York City area.

Then, I'd like to know how this guy was thinking..
    If it's in New York, is the criminal gang just going to be the mafia?

So.. You are saying that in Japan, most criminal gangs look for ancient creatures, so that they can change the world to their liking (while still having guns, of course)?

Ok.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    To whoever cited all the anime/pokedex/etc references to the real world.

"In The Ninja Poké-Showdown, James says that the Fuchsia Gym looks like a Japanese restaurant."

Why would he say that if they were already in Japan? Since they've been there since the beginning, according to your logic.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    It's like an american driving down the highway in a car saying "Hey look it's a mcdonalds".

No, it's like saying "Hey, that looks like an American McDonalds". If you're already in America, there's no need to say it looks American.

So if James and the gang are already in Japan, then there's no need to say something looks like a Japanese restaurant.

But to be honest, I've never really took what these sort of things say seriously. I don't look at the Pokemon games and anime as if they take place in our world, regardless of what characters or Pokedex entries say.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    No, it's like saying "Hey, that looks like an American McDonalds". If you're already in America, there's no need to say it looks American.

So if James and the gang are already in Japan, then there's no need to say something looks like a Japanese restaurant.

But to be honest, I've never really took what these sort of things say seriously. I don't look at the Pokemon games and anime as if they take place in our world, regardless of what characters or Pokedex entries say.

I agree, for the most part its just a placer to help the player/watcher understand.

Example:
    If I said that Lt Surge was from Kizara then you would have no idea what I'm on about, since you cannot related to the place. If I said he's American then it give you a stereotype to associate him with.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    But then you're ignoring most of the references to actual events. Lt. Surge is said to have a role in the American army among other things. There's way too many references to be a mere way to relate stuff to us. (Besides, his manner of speaking in the Japanese versions really do convince you that he's a foreigner from the States.)

But saying that, they can't make up an accent can they? They picked a place that Japan knows a lot about.

If there's an American Army why don't they do things about these rampaging monsters all over the place? :P

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years

This is dumb. I'm sorry, but there is no possible, conceivable way that Isshu is based off of Manhattan. Really. Does New York have a desert? Mountains? Forests? Theme Parks? CLEAN DRINKING WATER?? No, of course not. You guys are hoping for something that isn't true. I think that Isshu is to the west of Johto, but turned at an angle of 90 degrees (Does Hoenn sound familiar?). Or it could possible be the area of Ube City, which looks strikingly like Hiun. This means that if you went down from the docks of Hiun City, and kept going long enough, you would end up near Fallarbor Town. So if we compared it to Japan, Hiun City would either by Ube City, Onoda Port, or somewhere near the world famous Kawatana Hot Springs.

More evidence that Isshu is based off of the Ube City area is that the characters are dressed in hiphop/urban styles, which is very popular there.

Anyways, I just know that it WON'T be New York. The Pokemon Games are about Satoshi Tajiri's childhood in Japan. Not about fans playing the games in New York...

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back