• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I'm not saying it's not New York. I already said, "I'm pointing out all the remaining arguments against New York so we can work together to remove them." Just because you don't like me doesn't mean you should only read the part of my posts you like to read so you can argue with them. >_>

Geez, why do I even bother if you'll just argue with me for agreeing with you? D:

I agree with you on this one, but then again, I think everyone is too used to arguing with each other to team up. I mean, with proof that might... and let me clarify, MIGHT lead to New York. I can't be too careful when saying this, because I might probably would get flamed or misunderstood if I don't do that, since that's about the state of the fandom, everyone would still be on skeptic alert, which is good, because even with the Liberty Ticket, there is nothing conclusive.

In a debate, you should read all of the statement before replying, I agree with that myself, but it seems that a lot of people here don't do that, leading to believing a self-made false claim. It's kind of sad, actually. In fact, in this debate, eventually it'll either be another chasm like pokemon generation like, or it'll merge somehow. I hope it's the latter, we don't need yet another chasm.

But I bet you're wondering, what do I think? Even though you probably couldn't care less about my opinion. I think that it may be a mix of locations. Good evidence for a bunch of places from the fandom, and it's always good to be a neutral party in this if your debating isn't up to par. Not going to say what I think is from what, or people will criticize this, but I do think that a mix of things is going on here. If it is proven to be something else, then good for the one on that side. But currently, it is impossible due to lack of info to prove what exactly it is, so until then it'll be speculation, and it'll be safe to carry a neutral position.

At least I hope so, because you never know with this divisive fandom.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well that is sort of what guys in the old days wore around NYC.

They are wearing pauper hats lol those are the hats new york newspaper/delivery boys used to wear xD They are delivering the news of the starters...

Years
    They are wearing pauper hats lol those are the hats new york newspaper/delivery boys used to wear xD They are delivering the news of the starters...
    That's sounds about right. I think that's what they're really trying to emulate.

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Bah people! Calm down! Speculating is suppose to be fun! D;

And yes, those guys dressed like paperboys do seem to be hinting at something. I mean, they aren't just wearing that to.. Look foolish... Are they? O_O; Or maybe we're all just so desperate to find more evidence connecting Isshu and New York that we're twisting our own minds to make it seem like they did it on purpose. Like you know... We want to find more connections so badly that we're 'finding' connections in 'everything' when it really has no relevance? Argh... Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining things ^^;

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Wargle is a bald eagle: The Symbol of America. He is Red, White and Blue: The colors of America. He is wearing a Native American Headdress.

Victini's name is a mix up between Tini and Victory. You have to use the Liberty ticket to obtain him. He is using his fingers to show the hand sign of Victory.

America is far away from Japan and Isshu is far away from all the other regions. China is close to Japan.

Is that enough evidence to show you that Isshu = New York?

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Wargle is a bald eagle: The Symbol of America. He is Red, White and Blue: The colors of America. He is wearing a Native American Headdress.

Victini's name is a mix up between Tini and Victory. You have to use the Liberty ticket to obtain him.

America is far away from Japan and Isshu is far away from all the other regions. China is close to Japan.

Is that enough evidence to show you that Isshu = New York?

That plus the thing I said... theres a snowy mountains near a fire conservation station (top left of Isshu map they are in the same place in New York as the Isshu map... Desert Road is in the place that the big ass desert is... its like New York if the roads were actually what they are named for xD also there are 2 small islands where the small islands are on Isshu in New York near the dock...

Years
    Or maybe we're all just so desperate to find more evidence connecting Isshu and New York that we're twisting our own minds to make it seem like they did it on purpose. Like you know... We want to find more connections so badly that we're 'finding' connections in 'everything' when it really has no relevance? Argh... Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining things ^^;
    You explained that perfectly well. Naturally, if you really support an unproven theory you try your best to find every bit of supporting evidence that's plausible. I think there are tons of great reasons to support the New York theory, but when it comes down to it, it's possible that no one aside from Game Freak will ever be able to actually prove what place Isshu is based on, or if it's based on any place at all. D:

Our New York theory seems to have the most evidence though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

So's Antartica but you don't see people speculating that it is based there. The fact that America's far away doesn't have much to do with it because if you're going by that point, it can be a variety of places.

Your point is void.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

So's Antartica but you don't see people speculating that it is based there. The fact that America's far away doesn't have much to do with it because if you're going by that point, it can be a variety of places.

Your point is void.

Thats just one reason why we guess NYC...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes but it was listed in his reasons why it's like NY, and I was pointing out that the point of it being far away isn't a valid point in his list because it isn't evidence pointing towards it being NY directly, as opposed to his other reasons.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Yes but it was listed in his reasons why it's like NY, and I was pointing out that the point of it being far away isn't a valid point in his list because it isn't evidence pointing towards it being NY directly, as opposed to his other reasons.

but we have like 40 other reasons (yes im exaggerating <-- yay i spelled that right XD usually i forget a letter lol) pointing to Isshu, and yes distance IS a valid reason, your cant say your neighbor 2doors over is far away now can you?
    but you can say your neighbor on the other end of the street is far away.
    china = 2doors down
    NYC = other corner
    (sorry i gotta spell this out for Ninja Caterpie before he tries to start another flame war)

oh and Ninja Caterpie stow it, theres no reason to act immature& get all defensive and start trying to bring up points weve already covered, so if you want ot make a legitimate argument find new reasons instead of the same other desert mountain and lack of buildings crap, good day to you troll boy/girl.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    but we have like 40 other reasons (yes im exaggerating <-- yay i spelled that right XD usually i forget a letter lol) pointing to Isshu, and yes distance IS a valid reason, your cant say your neighbor 2doors over is far away now can you?
    but you can say your neighbor on the other end of the street is far away.
    china = 2doors down
    NYC = other corner
    (sorry i gotta spell this out for Ninja Caterpie before he tries to start another flame war)

oh and Ninja Caterpie stow it, theres no reason to act immature& get all defensive and start trying to bring up points weve already covered, so if you want ot make a legitimate argument find new reasons instead of the same other desert mountain and lack of buildings crap, good day to you troll boy/girl.

This post is everything. We have so many arguments going for us who say it's based on NYC/America. More than just the geographical features or the subtle hints in the info revealed thus far. Most other theories have far less supporting material.

loganinak

I just lost the game :)
    Years
    I think it is based off of new york. mainly because I really want it to be somewhere in north america

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

This post is everything. We have so many arguments going for us who say it's based on NYC/America. More than just the geographical features or the subtle hints in the info revealed thus far. Most other theories have far less supporting material.

*takes a bow* my honor mate lol

I think it is based off of new york. mainly because I really want it to be somewhere in north america

same here, not to mention all the hints& evidence, plus my twin sister lives in NYC so <3 i loves my twin so much& if her home is featured itll make her happy :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

First of all, I'm male. Try reading. Second, I don't need to make any new arguments, because those are still perfectly valid, bar the desert one. Don't just throw away a perfectly legitimate argument because "it's old". :| I'm trying to help you guys by pointing out arguments you're yet to address. Geez...

And yet another person who fails to read that I'm on the New York side as well. This is really getting pointless. My Sydney argument gets shattered because "NYC IS MORE LIKELY!!!!!!!11111111" and the Shanghai I liked is shattered for the same reason. When I try and help the NYC side, what happens? "STOW IT IT'S NEW YORK GET OVER IT GET SOME PROPER ARGUMENTS EXCEPT THE SAME OLD STUFF!"

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    First of all, I'm male. Try reading. Second, I don't need to make any new arguments, because those are still perfectly valid, bar the desert one. Don't just throw away a perfectly legitimate argument because "it's old". :| I'm trying to help you guys by pointing out arguments you're yet to address. Geez...

And yet another person who fails to read that I'm on the New York side as well. This is really getting pointless. My Sydney argument gets shattered because "NYC IS MORE LIKELY!!!!!!!11111111" and the Shanghai I liked is shattered for the same reason. When I try and help the NYC side, what happens? "STOW IT IT'S NEW YORK GET OVER IT GET SOME PROPER ARGUMENTS EXCEPT THE SAME OLD STUFF!"

at least i didnt cal u a girl >.> i left both possibilities open >.> relax geeeeeezzzz

but we addressed the geography already, so wat if they changed it to give us more diverse pokemon its so much better, id rather Isshu be NYC before NYC be NYC, do you have any idea the smog there? O.o"

>.< no reason to yell, i never once yelled, i used a level tone.

cuz its IS more likely, the only things the other arguments got is a BRIDGE, and the possibility of it being turned Sideways.
    ok and maybe the mountains, and a Desert do give a slight possibility, and yes theres a Lake, but the one in shanghai is shaped like a babies hand (youll see the stubby fingers if you zoom in), not a pokeball.

hers my standings:

67% - NYC
    12% - Shanghai
    21% - other ideas i dont even care to prove wrong/right cuz they so obviously wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back