• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Where is the best place to train in Emerald

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • I have finished the game and im going to Challenge the battle frontire and i need to get up some lvs where is the best place to train

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ive trained a lot in Victory Road, though I cant remember if it is the best place. I lost my Emerald. :(
    But really, go to the furthest place in the game as you can. There are usually good trainers in that certain area.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I mainly use the Elite Four with the use of the experience share. Once your Pokemon get to the appropriate levels (forty-five to about fifety) then you should fight them against the Elite Four themselves.

Another important place to remember is Victory Road. They have tons of trainers to train off of and also the level forty wild Pokemon that appear.

DawnBreaker

Alpha Vampire
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Well I too lost my emerald and I also did train in victory road...no I just cheated and got the raquaza from sky tower before I battled them...

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • haha, me too. once i get rayquaza, i just rely on it, until i can get throgh the elite four, then i train them. i train at victory road, but i mostly train in sky pillar, since there's pokemon in there with levels as high as level sixty, but that's after you beat the elite four, before there just level 30+ until about 42, so, yeah. but before the elite four, victory road is definately the place i go to. it's a pain getting through it without flash though.

I have finished the game and im going to Challenge the battle frontire and i need to get up some lvs where is the best place to train

The battle frontier doesn't give experience points. does it? i can't remember, it's been such a long time since i have been there, but i am at the space centre in mossdeep city, so i should be there on about monday. then i'll see.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No it does not.

If you have access to a second RSE game and GBA, then you can create a Secret Base, fill it with Lv100 Pokemon that don't have an offensive attack (I have 6 Lv100 Chansey with Tail Whip because they give you the most Exp points), mix records with your Emerald cart, and then you can visit that place once a day (or as many times as you mix records) and battle. You can level up a L5 Pokemon to Lv100 in a matter of minutes.

Shine Austin

But we gamble with desire.
    Years
  • I usually train at the Elite Four since they have high leveled Pokemon and it gives you lots of exp. points! Just battle as many trainers as you can.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • I saw somone post this but yeah the reporter and camera man is a great way to train. They are easy to take out and easy to find.

quillmagma

powercrazed trainer
    Years
  • this takes a night
    first set the pokemon you want to train in the day care
    then go to a slope ( the things on mountains where you need a mach bike)
    get on your bike 1 step under the slope
    do some duck tape on your up button
    put the gameboy on the charger
    get some sleep
    the next day your pokemon are stronger

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That doesn't work on Emerald. At least that is what I have read. Never bothered to test it myself, but I believe the random calls on the PokeNav still happen.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok

If you dont have anyone mix records with gaby and ty are the best

If you do have someone secret base is the best

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    If you have Mudkip: Victory Road
    If you have Treeko: High Level surf routes
    Don't have a Torchic area, sorry.

All Pokemon:
    If money isn't an issue, definetly PKMN league.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    If you have Mudkip: Victory Road
    If you have Treeko: High Level surf routes
    Don't have a Torchic area, sorry.

All Pokemon:
    If money isn't an issue, definetly PKMN league.
    i suddgest Gabby and Ty for torchick

magneton=Fire killed
    exploud=fighting killed

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Gabby and Ty for ANY Pokemon. You get just as much Exp points, but you aren't locked into battling the "elite" 4 and you get twice as much money.

Back