• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Where to catch shiny's?

Soufiane

Incorruptible #1
    Years
    Where should I hunt shiny's? On Sapphire, I currently have 2 Shinies, 1 Exploud its lvl 70ish now and a Zigzagoon I evolved it in a linoone,
    Any tips or worth catching pokemons?

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Shinies are completely random in the GBA/GBC/GB Pokemon games. So it's really all luck. If you're that determined to hunt shinies, just go into a large patch of grass and run around in it for about a hour.

Make sure you have ways to keep the pokemon trapped in the battle incase you encounter a shiny that specializes in running away. That means always have status inflicting moves, things like Mean Look, and a move that won't kill the pokemon like False Swipe.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    There really isn't an answer for that, you can catch a shiny any random place. There is no common place for them.

Soufiane

Incorruptible #1
    Years
    What pokemons are worth to catch shiny tho?
    Anyone post opinions?

I was thinking to camp at bagon's, Horsea's, Lunatone

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    That depends on what kind of Pokemon you like the shiny of. No shiny is any stronger than the normal Pokemon, so it really just has to do with what colors you like on certain Pokemon... If I wanted a shiny, I'd probably try to get a shiny Mightyena or a shiny Charizard perhaps, but I don't go out of my way to look for them, so I'll just have to stick with my shiny Swellow for now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    how come ive never ever find shiny's and ive had the games for over 5 years.
    ive actually never come across one.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I heard a shiny can appear at your first 30 hours of play, but I think its false. And the only way to control the possible shiny you get is the area you run around in. Like me, I got a shiny spearow on Island 5 at lvl44. Not much, just gold instead of red wings.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    It says that the chance to get a Shiny in G/S/C is 1:8192.
    In the 3rd Generation its the same. But yeah, its pure randomness.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Just go anywhere. I suggest you get a Pokemon that's fast (Like Gengar) with Hypnosis and Mean Look. And have a lot of Poke Balls.

Back