• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Where to first encounter Zapdos

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Hi,
    I have already i think completed the game as of about 20 hours of game time it was less then 2 days after recieving the game and i believe i may have found where to first encounter zapdos, i tried this on both a x and y game in the same area and it worked. Okay on my game in the 3rd city going right out of it, towards the room that connects to victory road, on route 22 there is a bit of grass with a 3 step strip that isnt covered by grass, it is next to a tree and has a trainer directly up from it accross a track, Now on both games i ran into this grass maybe encountered a pokemon first but then zapdos appreared, i believe this may be the first area to see zapdos.

For people who have seen these birds and know of where to find moltres or articuno or even if ur zapdos was somewhere different, would be amazing if you all could help and comment the areas of where you first encountered them to see if it is the same for everyone. Also if anyone knows of any other legendaries they have encounteredplease let us know too.

(DONT THINK THAT WHAT I HAVE SAID IS A 100% CORRECT STATEMENT THIS I HAVE TESTED ON A X AND A Y VERSION AND IT WAS THE SAME SO I AM ONLY ASSUMING THAT IT WILL BE THE SAME OF OTHER PLAYERS, IF IT IS NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW )

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'll have to try this out tommorrow. But I ran into Moltres by accident. I literally just ran through some grass right next to the Mineshaft area. No idea if that was a specific location.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    oh alright i think it may be different then and may have been a freak accident then, saw one guys post on another thing about how he found moltres surfing on route 22 but guess its different, but yeah try that zapdos and lemme know if its true or not coz if its not my bad haha

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I'll have to try this out tommorrow. But I ran into Moltres by accident. I literally just ran through some grass right next to the Mineshaft area. No idea if that was a specific location.
    It may be actually. I was going to go catch a Pupitar in that cave when I encountered Moltres in a patch of grass.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    well it would be amazing if you guys could give me some directions to this cave or mine shaft like which cave at which end or what route or town its near? haha

also i found this on another site which actually involves catching one of them and gives meaning behind the sea spirits den: (I DONT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS) ----------After chasing Moltres into tall grass in and out around 10-15 times (I also chained it 3 times in a row without flying, that might also have been the trigger), it flew to Sea Spirit's Den. Upon reaching this area, I was able to fight it without it fleeing. So yeah, that's what it's for. I also theorize that Lugia might appear here if you catch all three birds, since it's the sea-based pokemon that is tied to the three. But that's just a theory.---------- that is just what i have found

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    well it would be amazing if you guys could give me some directions to this cave or mine shaft like which cave at which end or what route or town its near? haha

also i found this on another site which actually involves catching one of them and gives meaning behind the sea spirits den: (I DONT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS) ----------After chasing Moltres into tall grass in and out around 10-15 times (I also chained it 3 times in a row without flying, that might also have been the trigger), it flew to Sea Spirit's Den. Upon reaching this area, I was able to fight it without it fleeing. So yeah, that's what it's for. I also theorize that Lugia might appear here if you catch all three birds, since it's the sea-based pokemon that is tied to the three. But that's just a theory.---------- that is just what i have found

Yeah I've read that but haven't had any success so far. I tried looking for Zapdos in the area but no luck there either. By chance did you pick Fennekin as your starter? If so it may actually be true that your choice of starter determines which Legendary Bird appears.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    i did infact start with fennekin which would mean that it does go with the starter, **** this game is a massive let down you can only get like 4 legendaries well i know know of like 4 u can get per game, your indicated X or Y legendary, one of the 3 birds depending on the starter, zygarde and mewtwo... wow this game is ****ed.. why would they include every other pokemon and not the legendaries from set games ...wow nintendo u ****ed ur self on this one

Back