• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to get Japanse Pokemon episodes with bittorent

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    https://www.pocketmonsters.net/ used to be a great way to get the latest pokemon episodes straight from japan.

But when I went to check today they no longer have a link to their torrrents or a list of upcoming episodes!

Now their tracker is still around but they don't seem to have updated it with the latest epiosde and I'm not sure they are going :(
    https://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/

Anyone know an alteritive place to get torrent files for the latest episodes in Japan? Irc is too confusing for me to muck with.

TheJAG

Kasumi Fanboy!
    Years
  • Option 1:
    You'll have to learn to use IRC, It's not to hard.
    They have a newbie guide on: pocketmonsters.net/node/7

And once you get the hang of it, you'll never want to see another torrent.
    Then if you need anymore help just ask me, I'd be happy to help.

Option 2:
    You'll have to wait till some %@$# uploads a torrent on a random torrent site.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    Put they just put the mastermind special spanish version up as a torrent so why would they stop doing public torrents? Private torrents seems silly to me becuse they work better with more people in the stream.

Bittorent kicks Irc in the butt easily. All it takes is like 2 clicks to get the episode you want with virtually no thinking required. I've used Irc a couple times like when a fansub group put the Tsubasa chronicals movie irc only and it's horrendusly compilcated as a method of getting stuff especially becuse of the line ups you have to sit thought first most of the time before you can even start downloading an episode, and if the person on the other end leaves you basiclly are screwed and have to start over from scratch.

Pokemon on Bittorent ftw!

Years
  • Because many people complained about torrents, demanded for them, and never thank the kind staff members for releasing it. It got way out of hand. We are still not sure what to do with the torrents yet, but for now you will have to go on the channel to obtain these torrents.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • What?! No...! Not Pocketmonsters.net!! ;_; That's where I get my episodes from...! Oh... are they really fazing out their torrent section? Or have they just been lazy lately? What sucks is that I'm on a Mac, and the IRC programs they have for it are even more confusing to me considering no one ever has instructions on how to use Mac programs.

Hm... talking about this isn't against the rules, is it? I'm always a bit unsure about this stuff. >.>

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • Some people at pocketmonsters.net have one major problem... and that is "hit and run" aka PEOPLE NOT SEEDING! Right now they're re-working on their site and deciding on what to do with torrents. They leaning towards making a private torrent + share ratio and/or making it available only if you join their channel. This way for those who "hit and run" will get their IP banned.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    I wish Pocketmonsters still had a fourm like the one they had at Bulbagarden then it would be easier to comminicate with them.

I'd like thank the staff of Pocketmonsters for the torrents they have put out so far. Thanks to them I've been able to watch several very exciting japanse episodes and I'm very greatful since they are pretty much the ONLY people who have consitatnly provided them for the last looong while.

With us Canadian's being screwed for the English version (Only on at 5am in the morning at weekdays right now!!! And we might not get next season) I was very very excited to be able to watch Pokemon the way it was meant to be before those doofuses at 4kids got their hands on it.

About Hit and Run

Anyhow you're really always going to get some hit and run people. It happens all the time and some people can't help but doing it becuse of limitations.

The way my computer runs meens I can't leave it on to seed things if I'm not ON it otherwise their's a high chance that the **** thing will go into standby mode and basiclly freeze in that mode and refuse to come out at which point it will almost certiantly corrupt the file on my computer forcing me to download it from scratch.

And if My dad is using it he flips out since I'm downloading something and that the torrent is slowing the computer down (even though you can barely notice it) so I can't leave it on if he kicks me off.

More then one torrent at a time is too much for my computer to handle and causes it to crash. So I can't leave it running if I want to get anything else at all! That's fine if it's popular like Naruto or Bleach but lesser know stuff needs to be gotten hot off the press asap.

Compine that with the limited amount of time I sometimes have and other stuff I wish to view and I can't help it. I try and share as much as I can but no matter how high I incress the upload limit too it never seems to reach more then 20 kB/S and that's if I'm LUCKY.

Honestly it's just something you deal with since the newest stuff usually has good traffic and the older stuff usually dosn't but that's the way it goes everywhere so I just shrug my shoulders and get stuff new.

And yah my crappy computer is part of the reason I can't use Irc well, since the line up wait for the download to start can be murder then I have to sit thought the download itself and I can't leave the computer alone for more the a few minutes to go to the bathroom or something with out risking having to start over from scratch.

So please Pocketmonsters Staff please please please keep public torrents around for those of us who are being screwed from watching pokemon in english, those of us who might otherwise never get to see it in it's orginal language uncut and unsensored with the music left intact, and those of us who's computers are too crappy to relay on IRC.

I don't know about others with the same issues, but I for one LOVE your work and feel honored and privlaged that you have shared it with me so far and I hope to Lugia, Ho-oh that you will contiune to share it with me and all the other pokemon fans that frequent your websight.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • Gold Guardian said:
    So please Pocketmonsters Staff please please please keep public torrents around for those of us who are being screwed from watching pokemon in english, those of us who might otherwise never get to see it in it's orginal language uncut and unsensored with the music left intact, and those of us who's computers are too crappy to relay on IRC.

I don't know about others with the same issues, but I for one LOVE your work and feel honored and privlaged that you have shared it with me so far and I hope to Lugia, Ho-oh that you will contiune to share it with me and all the other pokemon fans that frequent your websight.

YESH! PLEASE. T_T You're the only place I know that provides Japanese Pokemon Episodes.

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • No said you have to be seeding 24/7. At least make an effort to seed whenever you can... like seed for 30 minutes each day until you reach a 1:1 ratio.

That's just my suggestion. Pocketmonsters.net said that it will be a month to get their new site going and the deal with bittorrent.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Heh, I used to be a 'hit and run' person. ^^; That was mostly because I didn't really understand how Bittorrent worked. I had no idea what seeding really was or how long I should do it, or if I really needed to. The last couple times I've taken things from them though, I've let it seed.

Well, I guess I'll have to just join their channel then. =/ You know, it would be really cool if a couple people here would join their channel, and then help supply the episodes to others on here via the Episode/Clip sticky. That way at least people here could get it that can't anymore from Pocketmonsters.net.

TheJAG

Kasumi Fanboy!
    Years
  • I'm helping in updateing AniDB.net to include the raw pocket monsters eps, that'll give you another way to get the files.

As a member of AniDB.net you'll get access to ed2k links for all files...
    Ed2k may be the slowest way to obtain the eps but it's better then torrents...

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    YES! Thank you thanky you Pocketmonsters for provideing the Battle Pyramid again! vs Registeel torrent!! Your are my Savors :)

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Squee! The Rivals Forever episode is up too! *dies of happiness* *is reborn* So... I don't get it... I thought they weren't updating?? Are they just going to keep updating until they figure out what to do about the situation?

Back