• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you like to see the next region?

RetroBacon

~ <3
Years
  • The recent tradition of real world locations serving as the basis for Pokemon regions opens up boundless possibilities for new Pokemon regions.
    Which real world location(s) would you like to see a Pokemon region of, and why?

My number one request is Africa: the scenery is beautiful, and the culture is rich. Africa could easily be made into a Pokemon region with locations such as the great Pyramid of Giza, Victoria Falls, and even Soqotra. However, I don't think this would be Game Freak's first choice, as it might bring up racial controversies.
    Iceland is a close second, though.

Years
  • I think New Zealand would make a perfect inspiration for a Pokemon region. My biggest reason is the variety of weather; during the time I lived there, summer got as hot as 37 degrees celsius, yet winter got cold enough that parts of the country even got snow. It is home to a vast variety of wildlife too, many of which can only be found in New Zealand; animals like the Weta and Kakapo have great potential for Pokemon designs to be based on. Cities and landmarks are not to be ignored either. Auckland's sky tower, Waiheke Island and Fox Glacier are some examples of NZ locations that would look amazing in a Pokemon game.

Years
  • Selfishly I'd like to see the next region based on Canada, and I actually think it's one of the better candidates based on it's size, geography, wildlife, etc. But if we got an Australia/New Zealand based region first, I'd be more than happy with that as well.

Now with that said, I've got a feeling that they're going to stick with Europe for the next region they come out with. The British Isles, Spain, and Italy are all safe guesses based on their proximity to France, even if I think there are better choices out there (nothing against the people that live there, though!).

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Let's go with Brazil. The rain forest setting could actually be pretty cool, and the rich history there could really give way to some cool new pokemon and stories. Heck, the tribal feel of it could be really neat as well. Not sure about new ice types, but at least there's bound to be new grass types, something I'm always a fan of.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • North and South Carolina. A variety of landscapes ranging from the coast to the mountains, a mix of bustling high-tech cities and charming small towns, exciting beach resorts, historic sites, and there's enough creepy cult megachurches that the antagonistic team could be based off any one of them. Bernie Madoff's also serving his time in North Carolina, so there's the possibility of an evil team leader based on him.

PLUS I WANT TO SEE POKEMON CITIES BASED ON CHARLOTTE AND CHARLESTON.

pkmin3033

Naturally, I'd like to see a region based off of Britain. I'll admit that the scenery might not be as spectacular or varied as some countries (although there are some pretty beautiful places across the UK that could make for some great locations) but they could do so many interesting things with our culture and history. I'd love to see how that would translate into a Pokemon game.

Failing that, a Pokemon game based off an ancient civilization - Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Aztec or Norse spring to mind immediately - would be pretty cool. Who says the region has to be based off a present day country? Mythology and ancient history is far more interesting than present day culture or recent history, in my opinion. I'd love to see Pokemon draw from that directly, rather than just vaguely allude to it, as the backstory of the regions is often more interesting than the current events. Why not let us make the legends for once? The thought of an expanded Legendary pantheon based off ancient deities is a nice one, too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What about Canada? If they were to base a region off this, I'd imagine their locations to be distinct from each other, which I assume many of us will appreciate seeing. There'll be forest areas, snow-covered places, mountains, a couple of islands... I know we might've seen these kind of things before, but it all should be interesting to explore nonetheless, at least from my point of view!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would say just North America in general. You can have Canada and the US with extreme weathers from freezing your butt off in northern Canada to melting in the heat in Arizona. Plus you have the mountains, the water and flat lands.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Not really a Region, but I really want to see them do more with Pokélantis.

Years
  • China, either Shanghai or Hong Kong, would make for a pretty interesting region. Hong Kong especially has an interesting landscape and skyline which would easily lend itself as a new Pokemon region.

I'd also selfishly like to see one based on California since that's where I live. We've got a lot of different climates and terrains (we actually have mountains, unlike NYC) and local wildlife (though of course Pokemon rarely seem to be designed specifically to the region they're debuted in) and there are plenty of cities and sights which could make for interesting Pokemon world parallels.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    India would be a good region showing lots of Pokémon.
    having great diversity in species.
    moreover, there are so many terrains,etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I'd like to see something much less varied than what we've had before. Probably a desert. Doesn't really matter whether it's a polar desert or not, though to be honest I would love to have an Arctic region. Maybe something based off the Murmansk Oblast.
    Another alternative would be something closer to Nevada. I'd actually really like to see Las Vegas in a Pokémon game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    England complete with Ireland and Scotland. We already have regions based off New York and France I think it is only fair England should get a region too
    Italy complete with Rome

Yeesssss!!! I'd love a big metropolis based on London... there'd be plenty of stuff to incorporate like the London Eye, the Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, etc. Plus, there would be plenty of surfing opportunities/routes they could use, which was something I felt they missed out on in Kalos. I would royally fangirl over a UK/Ireland-inspired region.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd actually want either a region based on Australia with deserts and coral reefs and a lot of dangerous and interesting species.

Or a region based on Scandinavia with amazing mountains, tundra, deep forests, beautiful archipelago, northern lights and some new moose and elk pokémon. The region would be sort of wild and stark, but also very modern. The plot could have something to do with science meets fairytales... Unless that'd be close to Kalos' story haha. We'd need a gnome pokémon having some crucial part in the plot. Or at least being a legendary. It's a bit of a pity that they used the viking theme for Kalos' legendaries :/

Outlier

Australia, our notoriously deadly wildlife would make for great Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    North Korea.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What can I say? A slightly more dystopic Pokemon world sounds like an interesting change of pace to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    My wishlist:
    -Russia for a Region. Moscow, St st petersburg, geysers, siberia and snowy tundra. The home city could be snowy, like in pokemon Sage.

-Also, I'd like Mexico for a region. And the home city being in a village on the desert. With a lots of Aztec culture reference.

- Brazil, starting in a forest town like fortree city. Mew seems to come from South America, so the plot could be based on it.

-Uk with a lots of forests, defog, lakes, farms. Pokemons based on Loch Ness Monster, Elfs, gnomes, and the green man.

-Egypt would be dreamy. A lot of desertic areas, pyramides, oasis, undeground cities and quicksands.

-Also Greece, with Santorini, Delfi, Meteora, Athens, etc... and it's mythology.

I'd like something different, the home city in a different location. Maybe starting in the north and not south.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I think that a Middle Eastern country could be really cool. In addition to the beautiful, diverse scenery, there are also large cities that could be incorporated. In addition, it could shed a more positive light on the Middle East that many people may not possess. :)

Back