• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where's my shedinja go?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Can anyone solve a mystery: why am I not getting a shedinja when I'm evolving my nincada?

This happened twice. I know the requirements to get it: level nincada up to 20 and have an empty slot for shedinja.

Both times, I used rare candies to get nincada to level 20. Most recently, I left 4 slots empty for it to appear in. Both times, shedinja didn't appear.

I caught and bred these nincadas in Diamond.

Any ideas, anyone?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Like a "pokeball" pokeball? I thought it didn't matter what kind of pokeball I had in stock for it to appear (e.g. I have a bunch of duskballs), but that certainly sounds like it's the answer. Thanks, and I'll go try it out.

kahlil

I want starters!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2013
    The weakest Pokeball Type of pokebALL. The red one!!!

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • not for nothing, but you should always carry a good stock of every kind of pokeball there is, you never know when you will need a regular pokeball, ultraball, or even dive ball.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Ive never head the pokeball rule before. I feel like im new to this all of a sudden!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yep, you have to have a pokeball. How would you feel if your shedinja got bundled into your masterball? I'd be a bit miffed

Years
  • I dont remember that requirement for RSE... I was EV training my nincada in DP when it evolved and my party was full at the time beacause i didn't really need a Shedinja.

Thats just one of those things i had never considered.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    NO! this thread is getting confusing.
    1.Have a level 19 Nincada
    2.Have an empty slot
    3.Have a regular pokeball
    4.Level Nincada up
    5.Say hello to your barnd new shedinja

There

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • NO! this thread is getting confusing.
    1.Have a level 19 Nincada
    2.Have an empty slot
    3.Have a regular pokeball
    4.Level Nincada up
    5.Say hello to your barnd new shedinja

There
    Actually, you would get both Ninjask and Shedinja. Nincada turns into two pokemon at once O_o

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually azonic is right, i thought that went without saying :)

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I get what your saying but that didnt happen for me. I am quite sure id remember something like this but thhat would explain alot. It looks like thos shedded skins you find on trees

Back