• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where's your Egg Hatching route?

Azzurra

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I pretty much just run through Jublilife City until the egg hatches, and the number of steps is correct.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I thought it was pretty obvious that they had put that long, straight path in Solaceon there intentionally for the purpose of hatching eggs. Did anybody really think it was just a coincidence that those mudslide things and little stair sets on the 2 different routes all lined up perfectly? If you're trying to breed and hatch a bunch of eggs at a time, that's the perfect spot, for obvious reasons, heh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Wow,never thought so many people use Solaceon Town,I think it's the best place to hatch eggs.

Blizzard Master

NU/BL/UU Trainer!
    Years
  • I also use the Solaceon Route but whenever I want a female breed, i go to Floaroma, apperantly pokemon hatched in Floaroma Town are always female, excetp the ones that are Male only or the ones that have no gender (or atleast everytime I hatch a pokemon in Floaroma Town it comes out female).

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
  • Ooh, I didn't know the Floaroma thing. Well, I either use the Solaceon Route, or the Cycling Road if I'm feeling lazy.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • I use the Solaceon Route as well. Its the most convenient for me. I'll have to try Floaroma, though. It could be useful in getting some of the rarer females if it really does that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I also use the Solaceon Route but whenever I want a female breed, i go to Floaroma, apperantly pokemon hatched in Floaroma Town are always female, excetp the ones that are Male only or the ones that have no gender (or atleast everytime I hatch a pokemon in Floaroma Town it comes out female).

It is merely chance. All attributes, including gender, but excluding IVs, of the Pokémon within an egg are determined the moment the Day-Care man is holding it, therefore the location you hatch it in will have no bearing on what comes out. As for the IVs, these are determined upon receiving the egg.

I like to hatch my Pokémon in areas which have appealing names since they are recorded on it's Summary; Spring Path and Floaroma Meadow being two such locations. I use the route 209-210 path for hatching Pokémon that I don't intend to train, however, as it is indeed the most convenient location for hatching eggs.

Years
  • Along with most people in this thread, I also start from the MooMoo Milk shop and end at the bottom of Route 209.
    However, I also like the routes on the way to Snowpoint, for some reason. Perhaps it's just the snowy climate. :)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Solaceon route, but i also use the route between Sunnyshore and the lakefront.
    Mainly because i also occasionally use that route for training. im often saved in Sunnyshore of the battle area.

Back