• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which anime series is your favorite??

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
  • Bet this has been asked before, but there's no thread for this that's currently going, so hey!

From Kanto to Kalos, and not including the movies, which series of Pokemon is your favorite, and why?

Lets leave least favorite out of it, so we don't set fire to the thread, haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Used to be Orange Islands, back in the day. But, after watching Kalos, and XYZ, Kalos has become my favorite. It's a season full of surprise, from Ash not getting the Grass starter, to him finally evolving his Water starter. Ash was made likable of all things, and I'm very intrigued by Ash-Greninja. If anything, it's the best series in awhile, since I had disliked all of B/W from a standpoint. I like Orange Islands because it was an anime exclusive region, full of interesting Islands that I was glad Ash explored. The gym battles were more fun, and that season was where I really got into the anime, so, lol.

So, yeah, Kalos and Orange Islands.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    The original before he went to GS world and the official canned GS episodes ( which is where it should have left off from ).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • No doubt Diamond and Pearl and Kalos for me. Best battles, best episodes, best Ashes (Ashs?, Ash's, I have no idea how to make a plural of his name), in my eyes anyway. So far these have had the most rewatch value compared to the other seasons. Though they kind've all have rewatch value i suppose :D

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • The original series will always be a gem. The days when it was treated like a regular anime and felt free to make refrences to Japanese culture....but besides that, I can't get enough of Advanced. It really was pretty decent too, I'm just obsessed with Hoenn XD Just seeing the characters animated was enough for me xD Sure wish Brendan and Wally could of showed up besides the former's cameos. Atleast he got that :P

Years
  • In terms of development and pacing I personally have to say Sinnoh is my fave, because it introduced a female character I heavily fangirled at the time (Dawn) and Ash's team was very decent in power, especially Infernape. I also loved the story of Infernape and how Ash showed Paul that he was able to bring out Infernape's true power.

Kalos comes a close second, because it's been breaking the mold a lot. Plus, Serena redesign was something unexpected but seemed to work well with how she was developed as a character. Definitely interested to see how the end of the Kalos League and Team Flare are handled.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Original series, Advance Generation in a part, and even with their failures I pretty like Best Wishes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The Original series entirely because it's were the show first started.

Kalos has also been fairly decent.

Unova was really okay aswell.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • I wonder what you thought of Advanced Generation (Hoenn/Battle Frontier) and XY though?

Oh I loved Advanced Generation.With May,Brock and Max,the hoenn adventure is extremely good.
    I haven't watched XY nor XYZ (BW made me lose interest in
    anime).But I have heard great reviews abt them and am planning to watch them soon

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • In the main series, the Advanced Generation and older were my favorite seasons. Advanced Generation had a catchy theme song, and the older seasons were...just great.

However, if you're talking about the Pokémon anime in general...

Even though I haven't really watched it, Pokémon Origins might be my favorite. Red has an actual goal, and can complete it in about an hour and a half of watching, whilst Ash sort of aimlessly walks around from region to region.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • My top three are

1. XY ( Has the best ver. of Satoshi in my opinion kinda, he kinda has that big bro feel... inspiring those around him and the such. And, This series has the 'best' battles in the series ever and the best Pokemon performances [Especially the last Serena performance it was so well animated that I could cry XD]. Story wise it's also the best written in my opinion XD Great rivals as well with Alan and Shota)

2. Diamond and Pearl (Best girl Hikari/Dawn is here, also liked Satoshi/Ash roster here really likable. best traveling companion combo in my opinion with Dawn and Brock.)

3. Advanced( well Battle frontier saga really, also this has the best Eng opening other than the original, some of the battles with the frontier brains was great [also this also has Satoshi winning and becoming Frontier Champ])

Adored the original series as it started it all but I just love the three series above to much.

Last edited:
    Back