• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which battles do you dread the most?

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
Years
  • I also dreaded fighting Whitney because of her stupid Miltank. Stomp, stomp, Milk Drink, stomp, rollout...
    Don't forget Attract! Ugh, I hated that battle; it was so annoying! Once I beat her, I kinda wanted to go out and get myself a hamburger. Or a nice juicy steak, medium rare. :badsmile:
    Other than that, it's probably just Cynthia's Double Teaming Spiritomb and Alder's Quiver Dancing Volcarona.
    Oh yeah, that wonderful Volcarona. Why that bug won't just shrivel up and die is beyond me. I always flinch a little whenever I go up against it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Just random battles in general where my pokemon are strong enough and I don't want to deal with them.

Antisocial.

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • In any case, it's always the rival. You know that moment when you thought about saving, but didn't, and thought it would be fine not to heal yet, then suddenly that stupid music starts, and you just feel like throwing your game against the wall. -_-

Years
  • In any case, it's always the rival. You know that moment when you thought about saving, but didn't, and thought it would be fine not to heal yet, then suddenly that stupid music starts, and you just feel like throwing your game against the wall. -_-

I agree with you, it can annoy you if you're unprepared.

Rivals can also be very strong if you're unprepared.

Years
  • Whitney and her Miltank. Man that thing never dies and attract annoys the hell out of me. Other than that monster houses in explorers of sky was annoying but i dont find them a problem now. Raichu with discharge and Lucario with dark pulse can take it out pretty quick.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The guy with the six Magicarps.

The only battle I have ever feared was with Steven Stone in Pokemon Emerald, he really was a challenge!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm never too excited about the battle with Brawly, Norman, or Tate and Liza. Brawly likes to kick my ass no matter what version. I usually have more problems with him when I start with Treecko though, for whatever reason. Norman I am usually okay with nowadays, but that doesn't make him any easier. He's more difficult in RS. Tate and Liza are a joke in RS for me now, but they can still easily get me in Emerald. If you don't have a Water type, then you can just go crying home.

I'm pretty okay with other games though. Well. Okay that final fight with Blue in RBY is...well, when you hear that music, you know ****'s going down.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    I hate the Elite 4 after they get their boost. Even after you do all you have to do after the E4, unless you grind, you are usually underleveled. Especially HG/SS.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I love hard and challenging battles, but battles where you're just wasting PP on a long road are annoying as heck... And Fishermen with 6 Magikarp WHY!! Also the classic wild encounters through a cave or whilst surfing are battles I dread, but I don't think those count. x] Also on places like Cycling Road where you face the same Pokemon over and over again... Like in RS where the only Pokemon used is Magnemite with one or two Voltorb thrown in - WHAT IS THE POINT GOSH.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    ofcourse the trainers with useless pokes. (magikarps/voltorbs in GSC)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate the Elite 4 after they get their boost. Even after you do all you have to do after the E4, unless you grind, you are usually underleveled. Especially HG/SS.

This too! Had a lot of trouble with HGSS E4 round 2. dat garchomp

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ghetsis was not too horrific, but what recently has been kicking my butt all over the jank are Ace Trainers, of all things. I'm starting to get freaked when I see them, veterans, too. A lot of the veterans have a bunch of TM/HM/egg moves and it's like "...WAT?"

Back