• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which battles do you dread the most?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Nice question! The thing I always dread (yes, always) is the Champion Battle in RSE, whether it is Wallace or Steven.

Lava_Princess

Princess of Everything Burning
    Years
  • The rival. Hot damn I hate the rivals. I love them, but I hate them. When I am done being ravaged by like twenty trainers on the last route I was on he ALWAYS STOPS ME....

Kae Kyo

you're like oxygen to me.
    Years
  • I dreaded the battle with Liza and Tate to the max. They kept owning my Blaziken, and I really didn't have anything else that was effective enough to knock out the duo. The second would be Norman and his line of evolutions... I had to resort to using Rock Smash and hoping for defense drops for a majority of the battle.

Years
  • I dreaded the battle with Liza and Tate to the max. They kept owning my Blaziken, and I really didn't have anything else that was effective enough to knock out the duo. The second would be Norman and his line of evolutions... I had to resort to using Rock Smash and hoping for defense drops for a majority of the battle.

Yeah, I hated battling Norman because of Slaking.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    For me Norman has always been hard, but not enough to dread. Same with Liza and Tate... the one that makes me tremble is Wattson (he's not even that hard, but the first time I played the game my Sceptile kept getting owned), Wally right at the end of victory road in rs, (not in emerald), and Glacea in the E4

Kae Kyo

you're like oxygen to me.
    Years
  • For me Norman has always been hard, but not enough to dread. Same with Liza and Tate... the one that makes me tremble is Wattson (he's not even that hard, but the first time I played the game my Sceptile kept getting owned), Wally right at the end of victory road in rs, (not in emerald), and Glacea in the E4

Watson was pretty easy if you had a fire-type on hand since he carried Magnemite and Magneton in Ruby and Sapphire. However, in Emerald he got a bit more challenging because he gained Manectric.

Years
  • I usually dread the Lance/Champion battle in FRLG. I normally manage fairly well but it always has me nervous beforehand, haha. In the Mystery Dungeon games, pretty much every boss battle (especially those with more than about 3 opponents. Also monster houses, just awful.
    Aside from that I only really dread battles against Frontier Brains/Subway guys, as it's usually such a struggle to get there, and to lose (as I often do) is a real kick in the teeth).

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    In the PMD games, when you go after an outlaw,when you find him,you sometimes get a monster house. I HATE monster houses.

And,the other battles I dread are those rival battles. Not like they're hard if you KNOW they're coming. The second time going through a pokemon game you know that their coming,but the first time....ugh..... they ALWAYS come to fight when your unprepared.

Years
  • The only real battle that I've dreaded having was against Whitney. I actually managed to beat her quite quickly in HeartGold, but I remember losing to her Miltank at least a dozen times when I played thriugh Gold for the very first time, so I was apprehensive going into the battle.

The only other battles I dread are against wild Pokemon. I don't always bother with using repels if I'm only going a short distance, but I usually have the luck to find 5 wild Pokemon over 12 squares of grass.

Years
  • Black and White - Gym leaders with Snivy starter.
    pretty much first time I EVER needed to ditch my starter. feelsbadman.jpg

Years
  • Black and White - Gym leaders with Snivy starter.
    pretty much first time I EVER needed to ditch my starter. feelsbadman.jpg

I never often ditch my starter, if you have another Pokemon that counters your Snivy's weakness you won't have trouble.

And,the other battles I dread are those rival battles. Not like they're hard if you KNOW they're coming. The second time going through a pokemon game you know that their coming,but the first time....ugh..... they ALWAYS come to fight when your unprepared.

Yeah, rivals often show up and you are unprepared. It can be tough...

The only real battle that I've dreaded having was against Whitney. I actually managed to beat her quite quickly in HeartGold, but I remember losing to her Miltank at least a dozen times when I played thriugh Gold for the very first time, so I was apprehensive going into the battle.

The only other battles I dread are against wild Pokemon. I don't always bother with using repels if I'm only going a short distance, but I usually have the luck to find 5 wild Pokemon over 12 squares of grass.

I don't dread battles against wild Pokemon unless if its something tough.

Whitney's Miltank - Everyone hates that particular battle.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Well, rival battles are always annoying, and I HATE fisherman. Those Magikarp..
    I once fought a battle where the trainer (Nimbasa stadium thing) had a Vaporeon that had used Aqua Ring, and all I had was a Wailord. The battle lasted 27 turns before I finally turned the game off.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Im not gonna say that I dread a certain battle but I hate battling trainers that spam status problem moves. For example, FR/LG the bug catcher on the route above Vermilion City his Butterfree uses Stun Spore then Supersonic. If you heal yourself then it keeps spamming those moves, and Team Rocket in Gen II games with them using Selfdestruct in the Radio Tower. Should I also mention That one Gambler (I think its Gambler) in Pokemon Stadium, hes the last trainer in one of the cups and he has a Pokemon that spams Horn Drill and it never misses.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • In-Game, I sometimes dread Elite Four members or Gym Leaders.
    On Wifi, I dread battles I am destined to lose.

Years
  • When trainers use moves that heal or have high HPs. I also dislike Wifi trainers that have Pokemon that know Attract. Battles that last forever bother me because of my lack of patience...

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    To give a unique answer...I remember the first time I played Blue, I picked Charmander, and that made beating Brock way more challenging than if I had Bulbasaur or Squirtle...I think I remember gusting Onyx slowly to death with Pidgey.

Years
  • To give a unique answer...I remember the first time I played Blue, I picked Charmander, and that made beating Brock way more challenging than if I had Bulbasaur or Squirtle...I think I remember gusting Onyx slowly to death with Pidgey.

Even that website called TV Tropes mentions that. Choosing Charmander makes Brock a nightmare cos you won't have many Grass or Water-types.

Back